Nexgard Spectra

Nexgard Spectra Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc...
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

23 questions from our users

Judiasked
Spectra

After reading the reviews currently posted I am concerned about purchasing Nexgard Spectra for my 5 year old golden retriever. Has there been any further research done on this product to prove that the reports of bad diarrhoea and wobbly legs etc are definitely being caused by the Nexgard Spectra?

Christie B.
Christie B.

If you want real research about this I suggest talking to a vet who has access to evidence based literature. My dog had no vomiting or diarrhea on this product.

Judi

Thankyou that helps but I noticed some of the people whose animals became seriously ill had been to a vet and the product was recommended to them originally.

anthony
anthony

The vets will basically tell you anything just to sell a product there are other ways to worm & de flea your dog try giving him/her half a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in his/her dinner once a day apple cider vinegar kills worms & the eggs & fleas where normal worming tablets only kill the worms not the eggs & is safe for dogs & cats & most animals i have been giving my blue heeler apple cider vinegar for the past 9 months & she is a lot better for it. Also consider pumpkin seeds they can be purchased from any supermarket & will kill worms & eggs with in 3 hours mix in with food or give them as a treat. By the way A vet told me this method ages ago.. and it works Vets know the methods work & they dont tell anyone if vets really cared about the animals more than the money . they wouldnt be pushing worming & flea medications to customers.

Patsy H.
Patsy H.asked
Spectra

With nextgard spectra do you still have to worm dog or not thanks

Rick
Rick

On box it is stated for treatment and control of flea, ticks, adult hookworms, roundworms and whipworms. The prevention of heartworm disease. Sorry to read all these negative reactions, of course most positive reactions are not posted. But it does make you wonder about it.

Beasfleas
Beasfleasasked
Nexgard Spectra Medium (7.6-15kg)

I would like to know how many years this product was trialled for before being put on the market.... These designer 'chews' sound good in theory but I wonder how we humans would go chomping on similar every month. My last dog had Sentinel Spectrum every month of her 14+year life but developed, lots of Lipomas (fatty lumps) later in life and I often wondered if it was the pesticide product which had caused them. Anyone have the answer... don't want my new dog to end up the same way. Thanks

Nexgard Spectra