Nexgard Spectra
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.4
Jon TW
Jon TWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product does exactly what it states

Purchased in June 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $97.00.

Cyndi E.
Cyndi E.Queensland

Does everything that is describes

I've used different treatments before but found this was the only thing that really works. My pup loves it to the point she eats it right out my hand without having to mix it with other food. After seeing the previous reviews its definitely concerning but I've never had any bad experiences with this brand for seven months straight. When I was searching for a new product for my one I was actually recommended by vets, pet store employees and people that use it for their pets too that they love it. Will definitely be doing bit more research before our next round.

Purchased in July 2020 for $98.99.

DeVilAus
DeVilAusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product does exactly what it says and works perfectly fine. Godsend for protection against fleas and ticks.

Purchased in September 2020 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $103.49.

SummerSkye
SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No fleas or ticks in a tasty chew!

Purchased at Pet Circle.

Tim E.
Tim E.Sydney, NSW

Great product

No issues or reactions, never had a single tick since using. Very impressed as we live in a bad area for ticks. Highly recommend, don’t listen to herbalist nutters online listen to your vet or real people in dog parks.

Megan C.
Megan C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything in one

This is perfect for my boy. It's everything in one. We go away a lot so it covers things that are generally not found in the suburbs. Like ticks, etc... So when we go away I know my boys covered. Great peace of mind

Purchased in January 2017 at Pet Circle for $100.00.

Amanda
Amanda

Best preventative for paralysis tick

This product is great for protecting dogs from paralysis tick in the tropics. I have used it on dogs of all sizes, ranging from 8 week old puppies to a 30kg German short haired pointer. I have used it on chihuahuas, basenjis, German shepherds, huskies, mareemas, border collies and more. I ensure that the first dose I give a new dog is smaller (one size class down) and if it is tolerated well I give the correct dose moving forward. The worst symptom that I have witnessed is diarrhea but I am sure to check if the dog has heart worm before I give it due to the risks. Some dogs do not like the smell and taste so it has to be hidden in cheese.

Purchased in January 2018 at Budget Pet Products for $110.00.

scandalicious
scandaliciousRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great product

My pup loves these so much so that she eats these tablets straight out of my hands. No need to deceive her with hiding them in other products. No issues at all.

Purchased in August 2019.

Christie B.
Christie B.South East Queensland, QLD

Quality and price

My dog loves the first of the month cos she gets her nexguard chew. Reccomended by the vet, when buying on sale and in bulk only costs $10 a month which is well worth it for the peace of mind knowing that my best friend is protected from preventable nasties!

Purchased in June 2019 at Pet barn for $70.00.

Niels Z.Goulburn Valley, VIC

When puppies have diarrhoea it might be something other than nexguard.

Purchased in June 2019 at PetStock Physical store for $32.00.

Niels Z.

The title meant that when you use this in puppies, try to keep their environment controlled at all times so they don’t go off eating dirt and poo for example. That can get them ill too, and after dosing with a drug it may seem that that’s the culprit

Poor Results with Nexgard Spectra

Purchased from my Vet, From initial dosing on the 16 May 19 I have have very poor results for wood tick control. I am constantly having to manually check my toy poodle for attached wood ticks. Previous years I have purchased from my vet Heartgard and Nexgard separately with very good results, Could it be this particular lot Number DIN02473364 for 2-3.7 Kg Nexgard Spectra that is not providing acceptable results?

Purchased in May 2019 for $150.00.

Lulu
LuluSouth East Queensland, QLD

Far from a "Tasty Chew"

My miniature poodle refuses to eat this. I've been using it for over a year now and every time I have to hide it in cheese, treats, even grinding it into his favourite food. It's quite a challenging process to say the least. I've spoken to a lot of pet owners at the dog park, and I'm not alone. They all say they have to mix it with something before their dog will eat it. So much for "highly palatable when offered as a treat".

Purchased in January 2019.

Debbie J
Debbie JSydney Surrounds, NSW

Works well for my dogs

Have been giving this to our 2 dogs (Kelpie x Staffie; Kelpie x Greyhound) for a year or so, has worked very well, no side effects. No nasty pests. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2019.

Robyn White
Robyn Whiteasked
Spectra

Does Nexgard Spectra guard against or kill tapeworm?

Rhino
Rhino

I'm not sure if it kills tapeworm Robyn but I can assure you it nearly killed my dog.

Nicole C
Nicole Casked
Spectra

Hi, our puppy bordoodle is now 10 months old and he has been taking this product since we bought he when he was 2 months old and we took him to check up, the vet recommended this product Nesgard-spectra to us. I have been looking for the alternative brand for him before. I was shocked and saw this product only 2 stars here. I read all the comments and it's scared me now. Could anyone give me another suggestion? Thanks

bosstag
bosstag

Hi Nicole.
We too have been giving it to our 2 dogs since it was on the market. However it appears to build up in their systems and we almost lost both our fur babies the last time. Our larger poodle was bleeding from the bowel. If you check on the American site you can see that it has been removed from sale as it kills the dogs. As far as alternatives go I think the drop behind the neck seems to work for most dogs. I believe the problem comes in when the drug contains everything ..ticks, flees and worms. You may just cut back to the tick and flees then 2 weeks later give them a separate wormer. But check out the American reviews first. You can also give them a probiotic for dogs for good stomach health. We do now.
David.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Nexgard Spectra

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks