Nexgard Spectra
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.3
Wendy Gold Coast
Wendy Gold CoastSouth East Queensland, QLD

DOES NOT CONTROL TICKS !!

Purchased in February 2021 for $95.00.

RhinoThe Mallee, VIC

Poison for your pet

At the advice of our local pet supplies we were told to try Nexgard Spectra. Not only did Nexgard Spectra induce vomiting and diarrhoea but a visit to the vet too. We are back to using Advocate which actually works. In my opinion Nexgard Spectra should be removed from shelves

Purchased in July 2020 at PetStock.

Christine Y
Christine Y

My dog had an allergic reaction

My dog had an allergic reaction to a sample of Nexguard spectra. She had no issues eating it, but later that day developed a strong itchy spot (no history of hot spots or fleas) on her back where she scratched until it was raw. Took a few days to settle down. My other dog had no issues.

Bree
BreeHunter Region, NSW

Caution to people looking to use this

Gave it to my dog the 1st time thought the diarrhea was the result of her just having an off day however after the 2nd does she had bloody/mucus diarrhea it has currently been 5 days and she is still having it even after vet treatment. Please do not give this to your dogs it's not worth the risk

Purchased in May 2021 for $82.99.

Gave to my 9 month old lab - Big Mistake

Vet provided us three options not explaining the possible side effects. Thought the heart worm and tick combo would be best option. Our dog had diarrhea after two days which lasted for about a week overnight. Thought it was his food so changed it. Gave this medication on first of next month two days later same reaction. Our dog was salivating, hyper but the diarrhea at night time was out of control.

Do not use this product.

Purchased in May 2021.

Ashley M.
Ashley M.

NexGard Spectra

Purchased in May 2020.

Made my dog really sick

Purchased in December 2020 for $30.00.

Awful won’t use again

Gave my German Wiredhaired Pointer a Nexgard last night and this morning she rushed out side to eat grass and was not right she stayed out and as I watch her she run to the undo growth shacking and been sick she could not stop shacking she seem to have a fit and could not know who I was will never use again

Purchased in December 2020.

Diarrhea for a week

After a single pill, my 3 month years old dog had bloody diarrhea for a looonng week.
It seems to be better now, but, hey, don't give this to any dog, please !

Purchased in October 2020.

Moneypenney
MoneypenneySydney, NSW

Bloody diarrhea and in hospital

Purchased in March 2020 for $120.00.

Pet Type Dog

Thought my dog was dying

I gave my dachshund a Nexgard Spectra chew for his weight range. Not long after he wouldn’t move from his bed. My poor boy wouldn’t even lift his head and he usually follows me everywhere. When he did get up to wee he only just got out of his bed then went straight back to it. His urine was almost brown and crystallised when it dried. Never again.

Mop00
Mop00Gungahlin 2912, ACT

Don’t take the risk, my puppy is so unwell after taking this.

I purchased the 6 pack after my vet recommended it for my 4mth old miniature Poodle. She had diahorrea after the first Dose, but I didn’t think about it at the time.

After the second tablet she was crying with stomach cramps and terrible watery, mucous/blood stained diahorrea. It’s the 3rd day since her 2nd dose, she is still off her food, drinking lots of water and quite unwell.

After reading others reviews I won’t be using this product again. With so many horrific reactions I don’t know why it can still be sold.
I will be contacting my Vet and the company that makes these. I feel awful for putting my little puppy through this trauma.

Purchased in July 2020.

Dog is very sick, took 2nd month to find out

Gave this Spectra version to my King Charles Cavalier last month and she got terrible mucous/bloody diarrhea. I thought it was something she ate off of the floor or ground, she's like a vacuum cleaner. Gave it to again this month and same terrible diarrhea. She is on a rice milk and opioid regiment. Very dangerous product, don't take the chance of killing your dog.

Purchased in April 2020.

Bon
BonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Has been working for us.

First treatment for my 2yr old AmStaff was at 3mths. She’ll eat them straight out of the packet so ok there. I find it’s best to give them with food as it does upset her bowels but only for the day. She’s also a little more placid for the day. I find no fleas, no sign of worms and the odd tick she can pick up has been dead by the time I find it and she gets daily inspections. I am concerned about all the chemicals I put into the little body so during the cooler months, I treat her every 2nd month. I’ll keep using it this way.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $82.00.

Zero stars!

I gave my 11 month Cavoodle weighing 4.7kg one dose on 19 July 2019. She didn’t like to eat it. On the night of 20 July, she had the worst diarrhoea, black, liquid and very smelly. After taking Prosillic III Suspension and pet isotonic drink for hydration, my dog looks a lot better today, with slightly firmer stools that aren’t tarry and black. I will not recommend to use NexGard Spectra.

Purchased in May 2019 at Spring Vet, Singapore for $60.00.

Robyn White
Robyn Whiteasked
Spectra

Does Nexgard Spectra guard against or kill tapeworm?

Rhino

I'm not sure if it kills tapeworm Robyn but I can assure you it nearly killed my dog.

Nicole C
Nicole Casked
Spectra

Hi, our puppy bordoodle is now 10 months old and he has been taking this product since we bought he when he was 2 months old and we took him to check up, the vet recommended this product Nesgard-spectra to us. I have been looking for the alternative brand for him before. I was shocked and saw this product only 2 stars here. I read all the comments and it's scared me now. Could anyone give me another suggestion? Thanks

bosstag
bosstag

Hi Nicole.
We too have been giving it to our 2 dogs since it was on the market. However it appears to build up in their systems and we almost lost both our fur babies the last time. Our larger poodle was bleeding from the bowel. If you check on the American site you can see that it has been removed from sale as it kills the dogs. As far as alternatives go I think the drop behind the neck seems to work for most dogs. I believe the problem comes in when the drug contains everything ..ticks, flees and worms. You may just cut back to the tick and flees then 2 weeks later give them a separate wormer. But check out the American reviews first. You can also give them a probiotic for dogs for good stomach health. We do now.
David.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Nexgard Spectra

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks