Nexgard Spectra

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc... (See All)
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.0

Guinevere F.
Guinevere F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does not treat worms.

My lab is scraping her bottom along the ground two weeks after given tge tablet. Nit sure about other pests as she only gets fleas in summer, and summer is just starting.

Purchased in December 2021 for $65.

bosstagSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review it first

Our dog had the product and the next day was bleeding from his rectum. He is still very ill and it has been so hard on all concerned especially him. If you love your dog then review the product in the USA where it is off market.

Purchased for $100.

Pet Type Dog

Don't risk your dogs life !!!!

One week after dosing my Vizsla dog had unexplained seizures. Didn't use again for a couple of years. This time 10 days after dosing dog in ICU suffering Addisonian crisis. Lucky to be alive but now on life-long medication. Do not take the risk with your dog

Purchased in April 2021.

Jon TW
Jon TWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product does exactly what it states

Purchased in June 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $97.

Cyndi E.
Cyndi E.Queensland

Does everything that is describes

I've used different treatments before but found this was the only thing that really works. My pup loves it to the point she eats it right out my hand without having to mix it with other food. After seeing the previous reviews its definitely concerning but I've never had any bad experiences with this brand for seven months straight. When I was searching for a new product for my one I was actually recommended by vets, pet store employees and people that use it for their pets too that they love it. Will definitely be doing bit more research before our next round.

Purchased in July 2020 for $98.99.

Pet Type Dog

Do not buy, gives dogs bad skin

Purchased at Petbarn.

Gina
GinaKingscliff

My Havanese now has liver issues after 3 doses (within 3 months)

Purchased in June 2020.

Pet Type Dog

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Terrible product. My dog , a healthy 15 months old Labrador, had a bad reaction

He had extreme diarrhoea where we passed stool all night. In the morning he looked sick, was whimpering and wasn’t eating anything. This was not the first time it happened but definitely the worst reaction he’s had. We are not using this product anymore as it doesn’t seem like a safe option

Purchased in November 2020.

Side Effects Personality change
DeVilAus
DeVilAusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product does exactly what it says and works perfectly fine. Godsend for protection against fleas and ticks.

Purchased in September 2020 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $103.49.

SummerSkye
SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No fleas or ticks in a tasty chew!

Purchased at Pet Circle.

Pet Type Dog

Absolutely Toxic. Almost killed by little dog.

Please, I absolutely urge you to not even chance using this product on your dog. The neurological effects it had, my dog almost lost the function of his back legs. Besides blood in his vomit and diarrhoea. I am blessed to still have him. The product is absolutely toxic and dangerous. Milk Thistle and prescription pain relief got him back to himself. Although some days he still requires medication over a year later.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sam Jhon
Sam JhonMid North Coast, NSW

One Tablet And Done!

Nexgard Spectra chewables act rapidly Kills fleas and ticks, but also provides protection for a month. It is also useful in preventing other issues such as tapeworm infestations, sarcoptic mange, mite infestation, and also aids in eliminating worms in the gut. One Tablet performs many task.

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Care Club for $50.

Narelle
NarellePerth, WA

This product is toxic & should be not be on the shelves.

Our 2 year old Labrador has had 2 seizures since being given this product. He is now on medication for Epilepsy. He has also become more anxious since his seizures and has to have blood tests to make sure medication isn't harming his vital organs. Will be using natural remedies from now on.

Purchased in December 2019 for $120.

Old timer
Old timerSouthwest, VIC

Danger this is poison

My blue heeler had this product for 2years,he had seizures from the age of 8 months, the vet said he was epileptic,he was getting worse and we nearly lost him my wife did her home work,on this poison,we STOPPED it straight away, he has not had a seizure,for 12 months, DONT give this drug to your pet it can KiLL , we now use one that goes on his coat, no more problems look around talk to your vet

Pet Type Dog

Dogs haven’t been good since taking this

Always worm my dogs twice a year, unfortunately the vets recommended that we use this product this time round. Both dogs have now been battling sickness off and on for 2 months (stomach and intestinal issues), I am absolutely furious about it. Both now at a new vet who wouldn’t be drawn on the product but just said they don’t stock it, or use it commercially or privately, enough for me.

Purchased for $20.

Robyn White
Robyn Whiteasked
Spectra

Does Nexgard Spectra guard against or kill tapeworm?

Rhino
Rhino

I'm not sure if it kills tapeworm Robyn but I can assure you it nearly killed my dog.

Nicole C
Nicole Casked
Spectra

Hi, our puppy bordoodle is now 10 months old and he has been taking this product since we bought he when he was 2 months old and we took him to check up, the vet recommended this product Nesgard-spectra to us. I have been looking for the alternative brand for him before. I was shocked and saw this product only 2 stars here. I read all the comments and it's scared me now. Could anyone give me another suggestion? Thanks

Hi Nicole.
We too have been giving it to our 2 dogs since it was on the market. However it appears to build up in their systems and we almost lost both our fur babies the last time. Our larger poodle was bleeding from the bowel. If you check on the American site you can see that it has been removed from sale as it kills the dogs. As far as alternatives go I think the drop behind the neck seems to work for most dogs. I believe the problem comes in when the drug contains everything ..ticks, flees and worms. You may just cut back to the tick and flees then 2 weeks later give them a separate wormer. But check out the American reviews first. You can also give them a probiotic for dogs for good stomach health. We do now.
David.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks