Nexgard Spectra
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4
Sam Jhon
Sam JhonMid North Coast, NSW

One Tablet And Done!

Nexgard Spectra chewables act rapidly Kills fleas and ticks, but also provides protection for a month. It is also useful in preventing other issues such as tapeworm infestations, sarcoptic mange, mite infestation, and also aids in eliminating worms in the gut. One Tablet performs many task.

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Care Club for $50.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Pet Type Dog

Robyn White
Robyn Whiteasked
Spectra

Does Nexgard Spectra guard against or kill tapeworm?

Rhino
Rhino

I'm not sure if it kills tapeworm Robyn but I can assure you it nearly killed my dog.

Nicole C
Nicole Casked
Spectra

Hi, our puppy bordoodle is now 10 months old and he has been taking this product since we bought he when he was 2 months old and we took him to check up, the vet recommended this product Nesgard-spectra to us. I have been looking for the alternative brand for him before. I was shocked and saw this product only 2 stars here. I read all the comments and it's scared me now. Could anyone give me another suggestion? Thanks

bosstag
bosstag

Hi Nicole.
We too have been giving it to our 2 dogs since it was on the market. However it appears to build up in their systems and we almost lost both our fur babies the last time. Our larger poodle was bleeding from the bowel. If you check on the American site you can see that it has been removed from sale as it kills the dogs. As far as alternatives go I think the drop behind the neck seems to work for most dogs. I believe the problem comes in when the drug contains everything ..ticks, flees and worms. You may just cut back to the tick and flees then 2 weeks later give them a separate wormer. But check out the American reviews first. You can also give them a probiotic for dogs for good stomach health. We do now.
David.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Nexgard Spectra

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks