Nexgard Spectra

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc... (See All)
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

2.5

Very toxic !

This pill instantly gave my puppy severe diarrhea, vomiting, and he couldn’t eat or drink . He was rushed to the vet and I spent hundreds ! It was so very sad! Even after the medicine I didn’t think he would pull thru ! When I reached out to the company they had no regards for my puppy ! All I want is my money back for vet bills ! Shame !

Purchased in April 2022 at Pain Stop for $17.83.

J Egelhoff
J Egelhoff

I purchased from my local vet but wasn’t given that option ! Regardless , the company literally said talk to my lawyers! How sad ! I wish someone would share our stories !

Rodney
Rodney

Impossible

The brick like chews are way too big. My dog is a large hound and has a keen sense of smell , he knows this product is not food. Trying to disguise it by wrapping it in proper food is a waste of time.

Purchased in February 2022 at Petbarn for $90.

Side Effects None
Retired Muster Macca
Retired Muster MaccaSouth East Queensland, QLD

One very unwell dog within hours of giving him Nexguard Spectra

Lethargic
Not eating or drinking
Eating grass and vomiting
Wind and diarrhoea, foul smelling.
Panting and watering eyes which had red whites and enlarged pupils.
The only thing that has been different since bringing him home and getting settled has been those dose of this medication.

Purchased in February 2022 at PetStock Physical store for $145.

kyleSouth East Queensland, QLD

never use this rubbish poison again

Purchased for $29.

Wendy Gold Coast
Wendy Gold CoastSouth East Queensland, QLD

DOES NOT CONTROL TICKS !!

Purchased in February 2021 for $95.

Rhino
RhinoThe Mallee, VIC

Poison for your pet

At the advice of our local pet supplies we were told to try Nexgard Spectra. Not only did Nexgard Spectra induce vomiting and diarrhoea but a visit to the vet too. We are back to using Advocate which actually works. In my opinion Nexgard Spectra should be removed from shelves

Purchased in July 2020 at PetStock.

Christine Y
Christine Y

My dog had an allergic reaction

My dog had an allergic reaction to a sample of Nexguard spectra. She had no issues eating it, but later that day developed a strong itchy spot (no history of hot spots or fleas) on her back where she scratched until it was raw. Took a few days to settle down. My other dog had no issues.

Pet Type Dog

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Bree
BreeHunter Region, NSW

Caution to people looking to use this

Gave it to my dog the 1st time thought the diarrhea was the result of her just having an off day however after the 2nd does she had bloody/mucus diarrhea it has currently been 5 days and she is still having it even after vet treatment. Please do not give this to your dogs it's not worth the risk

Purchased in May 2021 for $82.99.

Gave to my 9 month old lab - Big Mistake

Vet provided us three options not explaining the possible side effects. Thought the heart worm and tick combo would be best option. Our dog had diarrhea after two days which lasted for about a week overnight. Thought it was his food so changed it. Gave this medication on first of next month two days later same reaction. Our dog was salivating, hyper but the diarrhea at night time was out of control.

Do not use this product.

Purchased in May 2021.

Ashley M.
Ashley M.

NexGard Spectra

Purchased in May 2020.

Made my dog really sick

Purchased in December 2020 for $30.

Awful won’t use again

Gave my German Wiredhaired Pointer a Nexgard last night and this morning she rushed out side to eat grass and was not right she stayed out and as I watch her she run to the undo growth shacking and been sick she could not stop shacking she seem to have a fit and could not know who I was will never use again

Purchased in December 2020.

Terrible product. My dog , a healthy 15 months old Labrador, had a bad reaction

He had extreme diarrhoea where we passed stool all night. In the morning he looked sick, was whimpering and wasn’t eating anything. This was not the first time it happened but definitely the worst reaction he’s had. We are not using this product anymore as it doesn’t seem like a safe option

Purchased in November 2020.

Side Effects Personality change

Diarrhea for a week

After a single pill, my 3 month years old dog had bloody diarrhea for a looonng week.
It seems to be better now, but, hey, don't give this to any dog, please !

Purchased in October 2020.

Moneypenney
MoneypenneySydney, NSW

Bloody diarrhea and in hospital

Purchased in March 2020 for $120.

Carrie Ann L.
Carrie Ann L.asked
Spectra

Hi all. We gave our 7 y/o male Bassadore Nexgard 1yr ago this month. Within one week we had huge piles of bloody stools with mucus, multiple times a day, loss of appetite, lethargy and vomitting. We gave him this 2 months in a row not realizing this was the issue, finally put two and two together. Ultimately, we stopped giving it him, thank goodness. Downfall, he was 51lbs when we gave it to him, he is now down to 39lbs and keeps losing. His appetite is insatiable. But 2 months ago we switched to canned sensitive stomach food. We alternate between home cooked, all natural and the canned. We have to do this because his stomach is unstable. He will vomit biale if he doesn't have several small meals a day. His stools are finally beautiful, fur-parents, I'm sure you can appreciate that term. 2 months ago the Dr did exploratory surgery. He had about a 3in section that was extremely irritated, to the point it was purple and had no blood flow. Since surgery, he is better. He had 2 enlarged lymph nodes, we had them tested, benign. His blood work is excellent and within normal range. Its almost like he is not absorbing the nutrients from his food. And we will give him canned tuna or chicken breast as a snack. Most days he is energetic, but when he has a bad day, it's a real bad day. Since surgery he hasnt drank much water, but is urinating for long periods of time, multiple times a day. We just started getting him to drink water again by adding sodium-free beef broth, absolute miracle, praise God. I had ordered a year supply for 4 furbabies. Needless to say we only used 2 months and donated the rest. This stuff is so toxic and I feel incredibly guilty and like I am fighting a losing battle. Suggestions as to what to look for or into? Our Dr and staff of 8 are completely stumped. Thank you in advance.

Carmel c.
Carmel c.asked
Nexgard Spectra Medium (7.6-15kg)

How much such I give my 8kg puppy ?

kyle

I wouldn't give a puppy nexgard, though its your choice, best to weight your dog at the vets, its free to weight them, then buy the correct amount of wormer to the weight of your puppy.

Betty C.
Betty C.asked
Spectra

My vet sending me hardened nex guard are still good to use

kyle

No also I wouldn't use next guard at all, it's your choice if you do or not

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra