Nexgard Spectra

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc... (See All)
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.9
Rodney
Rodney

Impossible

The brick like chews are way too big. My dog is a large hound and has a keen sense of smell , he knows this product is not food. Trying to disguise it by wrapping it in proper food is a waste of time.

Purchased in February 2022 at Petbarn for $90.

Terrible product. My dog , a healthy 15 months old Labrador, had a bad reaction

He had extreme diarrhoea where we passed stool all night. In the morning he looked sick, was whimpering and wasn’t eating anything. This was not the first time it happened but definitely the worst reaction he’s had. We are not using this product anymore as it doesn’t seem like a safe option

Purchased in November 2020.

Side Effects Personality change
Niels Z.Goulburn Valley, VIC

When puppies have diarrhoea it might be something other than nexguard.

Purchased in June 2019 at PetStock Physical store for $32.

Niels Z.

The title meant that when you use this in puppies, try to keep their environment controlled at all times so they don’t go off eating dirt and poo for example. That can get them ill too, and after dosing with a drug it may seem that that’s the culprit

Poor Results with Nexgard Spectra

Purchased from my Vet, From initial dosing on the 16 May 19 I have have very poor results for wood tick control. I am constantly having to manually check my toy poodle for attached wood ticks. Previous years I have purchased from my vet Heartgard and Nexgard separately with very good results, Could it be this particular lot Number DIN02473364 for 2-3.7 Kg Nexgard Spectra that is not providing acceptable results?

Purchased in May 2019 for $150.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Nexgard Spectra compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Carrie Ann L.
Carrie Ann L.asked
Spectra

Hi all. We gave our 7 y/o male Bassadore Nexgard 1yr ago this month. Within one week we had huge piles of bloody stools with mucus, multiple times a day, loss of appetite, lethargy and vomitting. We gave him this 2 months in a row not realizing this was the issue, finally put two and two together. Ultimately, we stopped giving it him, thank goodness. Downfall, he was 51lbs when we gave it to him, he is now down to 39lbs and keeps losing. His appetite is insatiable. But 2 months ago we switched to canned sensitive stomach food. We alternate between home cooked, all natural and the canned. We have to do this because his stomach is unstable. He will vomit biale if he doesn't have several small meals a day. His stools are finally beautiful, fur-parents, I'm sure you can appreciate that term. 2 months ago the Dr did exploratory surgery. He had about a 3in section that was extremely irritated, to the point it was purple and had no blood flow. Since surgery, he is better. He had 2 enlarged lymph nodes, we had them tested, benign. His blood work is excellent and within normal range. Its almost like he is not absorbing the nutrients from his food. And we will give him canned tuna or chicken breast as a snack. Most days he is energetic, but when he has a bad day, it's a real bad day. Since surgery he hasnt drank much water, but is urinating for long periods of time, multiple times a day. We just started getting him to drink water again by adding sodium-free beef broth, absolute miracle, praise God. I had ordered a year supply for 4 furbabies. Needless to say we only used 2 months and donated the rest. This stuff is so toxic and I feel incredibly guilty and like I am fighting a losing battle. Suggestions as to what to look for or into? Our Dr and staff of 8 are completely stumped. Thank you in advance.

Carmel c.
Carmel c.asked
Nexgard Spectra Medium (7.6-15kg)

How much such I give my 8kg puppy ?

kyle

I wouldn't give a puppy nexgard, though its your choice, best to weight your dog at the vets, its free to weight them, then buy the correct amount of wormer to the weight of your puppy.

Betty C.
Betty C.asked
Spectra

My vet sending me hardened nex guard are still good to use

kyle

No also I wouldn't use next guard at all, it's your choice if you do or not

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra