Nexgard Spectra

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc... (See All)
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.9
Bree
BreeSouth East Queensland, QLD

This is a perfect all round chew

I give this chew to my dogs every 28 days which was advised by the vet. They have been on it for years.
No issues at all. I even got a heart worm test done to be sure the tablets were working as heart worm positive dogs are occurring too often here in far north QLD.! They both tested negative.
Love this chew

Purchased in April 2022 at PetStock for $97.

Rodney
Rodney

Impossible

The brick like chews are way too big. My dog is a large hound and has a keen sense of smell , he knows this product is not food. Trying to disguise it by wrapping it in proper food is a waste of time.

Purchased in February 2022 at Petbarn for $90.

Jon TW
Jon TWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product does exactly what it states

Purchased in June 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $97.

Cyndi E.
Cyndi E.Queensland

Does everything that is describes

I've used different treatments before but found this was the only thing that really works. My pup loves it to the point she eats it right out my hand without having to mix it with other food. After seeing the previous reviews its definitely concerning but I've never had any bad experiences with this brand for seven months straight. When I was searching for a new product for my one I was actually recommended by vets, pet store employees and people that use it for their pets too that they love it. Will definitely be doing bit more research before our next round.

Purchased in July 2020 for $98.99.

Terrible product. My dog , a healthy 15 months old Labrador, had a bad reaction

He had extreme diarrhoea where we passed stool all night. In the morning he looked sick, was whimpering and wasn’t eating anything. This was not the first time it happened but definitely the worst reaction he’s had. We are not using this product anymore as it doesn’t seem like a safe option

Purchased in November 2020.

Side Effects Personality change
DeVilAus
DeVilAusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product does exactly what it says and works perfectly fine. Godsend for protection against fleas and ticks.

Purchased in September 2020 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $103.49.

SummerSkye
SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No fleas or ticks in a tasty chew!

Purchased at Pet Circle.

Pet Type Dog

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Tim E.
Tim E.Sydney, NSW

Great product

No issues or reactions, never had a single tick since using. Very impressed as we live in a bad area for ticks. Highly recommend, don’t listen to herbalist nutters online listen to your vet or real people in dog parks.

Megan C.
Megan C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything in one

This is perfect for my boy. It's everything in one. We go away a lot so it covers things that are generally not found in the suburbs. Like ticks, etc... So when we go away I know my boys covered. Great peace of mind

Purchased in January 2017 at Pet Circle for $100.

Amanda
Amanda

Best preventative for paralysis tick

This product is great for protecting dogs from paralysis tick in the tropics. I have used it on dogs of all sizes, ranging from 8 week old puppies to a 30kg German short haired pointer. I have used it on chihuahuas, basenjis, German shepherds, huskies, mareemas, border collies and more. I ensure that the first dose I give a new dog is smaller (one size class down) and if it is tolerated well I give the correct dose moving forward. The worst symptom that I have witnessed is diarrhea but I am sure to check if the dog has heart worm before I give it due to the risks. Some dogs do not like the smell and taste so it has to be hidden in cheese.

Purchased in January 2018 at Budget Pet Products for $110.

scandalicious
scandaliciousRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great product

My pup loves these so much so that she eats these tablets straight out of my hands. No need to deceive her with hiding them in other products. No issues at all.

Purchased in August 2019.

Christie B.
Christie B.South East Queensland, QLD

Quality and price

My dog loves the first of the month cos she gets her nexguard chew. Reccomended by the vet, when buying on sale and in bulk only costs $10 a month which is well worth it for the peace of mind knowing that my best friend is protected from preventable nasties!

Purchased in June 2019 at Pet barn for $70.

Poor Results with Nexgard Spectra

Purchased from my Vet, From initial dosing on the 16 May 19 I have have very poor results for wood tick control. I am constantly having to manually check my toy poodle for attached wood ticks. Previous years I have purchased from my vet Heartgard and Nexgard separately with very good results, Could it be this particular lot Number DIN02473364 for 2-3.7 Kg Nexgard Spectra that is not providing acceptable results?

Purchased in May 2019 for $150.

Debbie J
Debbie JSydney Surrounds, NSW

Works well for my dogs

Have been giving this to our 2 dogs (Kelpie x Staffie; Kelpie x Greyhound) for a year or so, has worked very well, no side effects. No nasty pests. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2019.

Carrie Ann L.
Carrie Ann L.asked
Spectra

Hi all. We gave our 7 y/o male Bassadore Nexgard 1yr ago this month. Within one week we had huge piles of bloody stools with mucus, multiple times a day, loss of appetite, lethargy and vomitting. We gave him this 2 months in a row not realizing this was the issue, finally put two and two together. Ultimately, we stopped giving it him, thank goodness. Downfall, he was 51lbs when we gave it to him, he is now down to 39lbs and keeps losing. His appetite is insatiable. But 2 months ago we switched to canned sensitive stomach food. We alternate between home cooked, all natural and the canned. We have to do this because his stomach is unstable. He will vomit biale if he doesn't have several small meals a day. His stools are finally beautiful, fur-parents, I'm sure you can appreciate that term. 2 months ago the Dr did exploratory surgery. He had about a 3in section that was extremely irritated, to the point it was purple and had no blood flow. Since surgery, he is better. He had 2 enlarged lymph nodes, we had them tested, benign. His blood work is excellent and within normal range. Its almost like he is not absorbing the nutrients from his food. And we will give him canned tuna or chicken breast as a snack. Most days he is energetic, but when he has a bad day, it's a real bad day. Since surgery he hasnt drank much water, but is urinating for long periods of time, multiple times a day. We just started getting him to drink water again by adding sodium-free beef broth, absolute miracle, praise God. I had ordered a year supply for 4 furbabies. Needless to say we only used 2 months and donated the rest. This stuff is so toxic and I feel incredibly guilty and like I am fighting a losing battle. Suggestions as to what to look for or into? Our Dr and staff of 8 are completely stumped. Thank you in advance.

Carmel c.
Carmel c.asked
Nexgard Spectra Medium (7.6-15kg)

How much such I give my 8kg puppy ?

kyle

I wouldn't give a puppy nexgard, though its your choice, best to weight your dog at the vets, its free to weight them, then buy the correct amount of wormer to the weight of your puppy.

Betty C.
Betty C.asked
Spectra

My vet sending me hardened nex guard are still good to use

kyle

No also I wouldn't use next guard at all, it's your choice if you do or not

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra