Nexgard Spectra

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc... (See All)
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2

bosstagSouth East Queensland, QLD

Review it first

Our dog had the product and the next day was bleeding from his rectum. He is still very ill and it has been so hard on all concerned especially him. If you love your dog then review the product in the USA where it is off market.

Purchased for $100.

Pet Type Dog

Don't risk your dogs life !!!!

One week after dosing my Vizsla dog had unexplained seizures. Didn't use again for a couple of years. This time 10 days after dosing dog in ICU suffering Addisonian crisis. Lucky to be alive but now on life-long medication. Do not take the risk with your dog

Purchased in April 2021.

Pet Type Dog

Do not buy, gives dogs bad skin

Purchased at Petbarn.

Maddie
MaddieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not take the risk. Do not use this product.

One of my dogs had severe seizures from this product and the other passed away. If you have given this to your pets in the past and they were fine, that does not indicate that this is a good product, you were just lucky. This is not a good product and the majority of reviews show this, even my vet agrees and does not know how this product is still for sale.

Purchased in June 2019.

Gina
GinaKingscliff

My Havanese now has liver issues after 3 doses (within 3 months)

Purchased in June 2020.

Terrible product. My dog , a healthy 15 months old Labrador, had a bad reaction

He had extreme diarrhoea where we passed stool all night. In the morning he looked sick, was whimpering and wasn’t eating anything. This was not the first time it happened but definitely the worst reaction he’s had. We are not using this product anymore as it doesn’t seem like a safe option

Purchased in November 2020.

Side Effects Personality change
Dean Fordham
Dean FordhamSydney, NSW

Google before giving to your dog

Adverse reaction resulting in death. Google other people’s stories before you give this to your dog. Binning it is the best thing you could do. I gave this to my healthy pug & she was dead within 2 days. Your dog can have an adverse reaction & suffer an illness which could be fatal. My pug suffered severe vomiting & liver shut down & it could happen to your dog too. I now use another brand on my other pug & no problem at all. Nexgard could kill your pet. Google other stories like mine..

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Pet Type Dog

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Sally
SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Danger

Boxer suddenly developed severe seizures and died, now our other dog is having exactly the same like for like seizures, read facebook Canada and American civil actions against this product, all having exactly the same symptoms

Purchased in April 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $85.

Pet Type Dog

Nexgard spectra killed my dog and made my others extremely ill

Purchased in September 2020 at PetStock Online store.

Find out how Nexgard Spectra compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Absolutely Toxic. Almost killed by little dog.

Please, I absolutely urge you to not even chance using this product on your dog. The neurological effects it had, my dog almost lost the function of his back legs. Besides blood in his vomit and diarrhoea. I am blessed to still have him. The product is absolutely toxic and dangerous. Milk Thistle and prescription pain relief got him back to himself. Although some days he still requires medication over a year later.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sam Jhon
Sam JhonMid North Coast, NSW

One Tablet And Done!

Nexgard Spectra chewables act rapidly Kills fleas and ticks, but also provides protection for a month. It is also useful in preventing other issues such as tapeworm infestations, sarcoptic mange, mite infestation, and also aids in eliminating worms in the gut. One Tablet performs many task.

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Care Club for $50.

Narelle
NarellePerth, WA

This product is toxic & should be not be on the shelves.

Our 2 year old Labrador has had 2 seizures since being given this product. He is now on medication for Epilepsy. He has also become more anxious since his seizures and has to have blood tests to make sure medication isn't harming his vital organs. Will be using natural remedies from now on.

Purchased in December 2019 for $120.

Old timer
Old timerSouthwest, VIC

Danger this is poison

My blue heeler had this product for 2years,he had seizures from the age of 8 months, the vet said he was epileptic,he was getting worse and we nearly lost him my wife did her home work,on this poison,we STOPPED it straight away, he has not had a seizure,for 12 months, DONT give this drug to your pet it can KiLL , we now use one that goes on his coat, no more problems look around talk to your vet

Brian B.
Brian B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Killed my 10-month-old GSP.

This product killed my 10-month-old GSP 6 hours after I gave it to her, which their customer service line advise is the time of maximum absorption. I didn't know it at the time, but many dogs get seizures from this product. Google it, it's horrible. Lesson learned: there is no point dumping a whole lot of high powered chemicals into your dog at once - do your research carefully on what the key parasite is and give a product specific to that, if it's really needed. A few worms or flea will not kill your dog - Nextguard Spectra killed mine. I am not staying it will kill your dog, but enough dogs get problems from it for me to never use it again.

Side Effects Death

Dogs haven’t been good since taking this

Always worm my dogs twice a year, unfortunately the vets recommended that we use this product this time round. Both dogs have now been battling sickness off and on for 2 months (stomach and intestinal issues), I am absolutely furious about it. Both now at a new vet who wouldn’t be drawn on the product but just said they don’t stock it, or use it commercially or privately, enough for me.

Purchased for $20.

Robyn White
Robyn Whiteasked
Spectra

Does Nexgard Spectra guard against or kill tapeworm?

Rhino
Rhino

I'm not sure if it kills tapeworm Robyn but I can assure you it nearly killed my dog.

Nicole C
Nicole Casked
Spectra

Hi, our puppy bordoodle is now 10 months old and he has been taking this product since we bought he when he was 2 months old and we took him to check up, the vet recommended this product Nesgard-spectra to us. I have been looking for the alternative brand for him before. I was shocked and saw this product only 2 stars here. I read all the comments and it's scared me now. Could anyone give me another suggestion? Thanks

Hi Nicole.
We too have been giving it to our 2 dogs since it was on the market. However it appears to build up in their systems and we almost lost both our fur babies the last time. Our larger poodle was bleeding from the bowel. If you check on the American site you can see that it has been removed from sale as it kills the dogs. As far as alternatives go I think the drop behind the neck seems to work for most dogs. I believe the problem comes in when the drug contains everything ..ticks, flees and worms. You may just cut back to the tick and flees then 2 weeks later give them a separate wormer. But check out the American reviews first. You can also give them a probiotic for dogs for good stomach health. We do now.
David.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks