Nexgard Spectra

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc... (See All)
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1
Guinevere F.
Guinevere F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does not treat worms.

My lab is scraping her bottom along the ground two weeks after given tge tablet. Nit sure about other pests as she only gets fleas in summer, and summer is just starting.

Purchased in December 2021 for $65.

Jon TW
Jon TWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product does exactly what it states

Purchased in June 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $97.

Cyndi E.
Cyndi E.Queensland

Does everything that is describes

I've used different treatments before but found this was the only thing that really works. My pup loves it to the point she eats it right out my hand without having to mix it with other food. After seeing the previous reviews its definitely concerning but I've never had any bad experiences with this brand for seven months straight. When I was searching for a new product for my one I was actually recommended by vets, pet store employees and people that use it for their pets too that they love it. Will definitely be doing bit more research before our next round.

Purchased in July 2020 for $98.99.

Maddie
MaddieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not take the risk. Do not use this product.

One of my dogs had severe seizures from this product and the other passed away. If you have given this to your pets in the past and they were fine, that does not indicate that this is a good product, you were just lucky. This is not a good product and the majority of reviews show this, even my vet agrees and does not know how this product is still for sale.

Purchased in June 2019.

Terrible product. My dog , a healthy 15 months old Labrador, had a bad reaction

He had extreme diarrhoea where we passed stool all night. In the morning he looked sick, was whimpering and wasn’t eating anything. This was not the first time it happened but definitely the worst reaction he’s had. We are not using this product anymore as it doesn’t seem like a safe option

Purchased in November 2020.

Side Effects Personality change
DeVilAus
DeVilAusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product does exactly what it says and works perfectly fine. Godsend for protection against fleas and ticks.

Purchased in September 2020 at My Pet Warehouse Online store for $103.49.

SummerSkye
SummerSkyeSouth East Queensland, QLD

No fleas or ticks in a tasty chew!

Purchased at Pet Circle.

Pet Type Dog

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Dean Fordham
Dean FordhamSydney, NSW

Google before giving to your dog

Adverse reaction resulting in death. Google other people’s stories before you give this to your dog. Binning it is the best thing you could do. I gave this to my healthy pug & she was dead within 2 days. Your dog can have an adverse reaction & suffer an illness which could be fatal. My pug suffered severe vomiting & liver shut down & it could happen to your dog too. I now use another brand on my other pug & no problem at all. Nexgard could kill your pet. Google other stories like mine..

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Sally
SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Danger

Boxer suddenly developed severe seizures and died, now our other dog is having exactly the same like for like seizures, read facebook Canada and American civil actions against this product, all having exactly the same symptoms

Purchased in April 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $85.

Find out how Nexgard Spectra compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Nexgard spectra killed my dog and made my others extremely ill

Purchased in September 2020 at PetStock Online store.

Brian B.
Brian B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Killed my 10-month-old GSP.

This product killed my 10-month-old GSP 6 hours after I gave it to her, which their customer service line advise is the time of maximum absorption. I didn't know it at the time, but many dogs get seizures from this product. Google it, it's horrible. Lesson learned: there is no point dumping a whole lot of high powered chemicals into your dog at once - do your research carefully on what the key parasite is and give a product specific to that, if it's really needed. A few worms or flea will not kill your dog - Nextguard Spectra killed mine. I am not staying it will kill your dog, but enough dogs get problems from it for me to never use it again.

RSaxton
RSaxtonBlackheath

Did NexGard Spectra kill my dog?

Purchased in October 2019.

Tim E.
Tim E.Sydney, NSW

Great product

No issues or reactions, never had a single tick since using. Very impressed as we live in a bad area for ticks. Highly recommend, don’t listen to herbalist nutters online listen to your vet or real people in dog parks.

Megan C.
Megan C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything in one

This is perfect for my boy. It's everything in one. We go away a lot so it covers things that are generally not found in the suburbs. Like ticks, etc... So when we go away I know my boys covered. Great peace of mind

Purchased in January 2017 at Pet Circle for $100.

Amanda
Amanda

Best preventative for paralysis tick

This product is great for protecting dogs from paralysis tick in the tropics. I have used it on dogs of all sizes, ranging from 8 week old puppies to a 30kg German short haired pointer. I have used it on chihuahuas, basenjis, German shepherds, huskies, mareemas, border collies and more. I ensure that the first dose I give a new dog is smaller (one size class down) and if it is tolerated well I give the correct dose moving forward. The worst symptom that I have witnessed is diarrhea but I am sure to check if the dog has heart worm before I give it due to the risks. Some dogs do not like the smell and taste so it has to be hidden in cheese.

Purchased in January 2018 at Budget Pet Products for $110.

Robyn White
Robyn Whiteasked
Spectra

Does Nexgard Spectra guard against or kill tapeworm?

Rhino
Rhino

I'm not sure if it kills tapeworm Robyn but I can assure you it nearly killed my dog.

Nicole C
Nicole Casked
Spectra

Hi, our puppy bordoodle is now 10 months old and he has been taking this product since we bought he when he was 2 months old and we took him to check up, the vet recommended this product Nesgard-spectra to us. I have been looking for the alternative brand for him before. I was shocked and saw this product only 2 stars here. I read all the comments and it's scared me now. Could anyone give me another suggestion? Thanks

bosstag
bosstag

Hi Nicole.
We too have been giving it to our 2 dogs since it was on the market. However it appears to build up in their systems and we almost lost both our fur babies the last time. Our larger poodle was bleeding from the bowel. If you check on the American site you can see that it has been removed from sale as it kills the dogs. As far as alternatives go I think the drop behind the neck seems to work for most dogs. I believe the problem comes in when the drug contains everything ..ticks, flees and worms. You may just cut back to the tick and flees then 2 weeks later give them a separate wormer. But check out the American reviews first. You can also give them a probiotic for dogs for good stomach health. We do now.
David.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks