Nexgard Spectra

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc... (See All)
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.1
Rodney
Rodney

Impossible

The brick like chews are way too big. My dog is a large hound and has a keen sense of smell , he knows this product is not food. Trying to disguise it by wrapping it in proper food is a waste of time.

Purchased in February 2022 at Petbarn for $90.

Side Effects None
Maddie
MaddieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not take the risk. Do not use this product.

One of my dogs had severe seizures from this product and the other passed away. If you have given this to your pets in the past and they were fine, that does not indicate that this is a good product, you were just lucky. This is not a good product and the majority of reviews show this, even my vet agrees and does not know how this product is still for sale.

Purchased in June 2019.

Terrible product. My dog , a healthy 15 months old Labrador, had a bad reaction

He had extreme diarrhoea where we passed stool all night. In the morning he looked sick, was whimpering and wasn’t eating anything. This was not the first time it happened but definitely the worst reaction he’s had. We are not using this product anymore as it doesn’t seem like a safe option

Purchased in November 2020.

Side Effects Personality change
Dean Fordham
Dean FordhamSydney, NSW

Google before giving to your dog

Adverse reaction resulting in death. Google other people’s stories before you give this to your dog. Binning it is the best thing you could do. I gave this to my healthy pug & she was dead within 2 days. Your dog can have an adverse reaction & suffer an illness which could be fatal. My pug suffered severe vomiting & liver shut down & it could happen to your dog too. I now use another brand on my other pug & no problem at all. Nexgard could kill your pet. Google other stories like mine..

Purchased at Petbarn Physical store.

Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Nexgard Spectra compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Sally
SallySouth East Queensland, QLD

Danger

Boxer suddenly developed severe seizures and died, now our other dog is having exactly the same like for like seizures, read facebook Canada and American civil actions against this product, all having exactly the same symptoms

Purchased in April 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $85.

Pet Type Dog

Nexgard spectra killed my dog and made my others extremely ill

Purchased in September 2020 at PetStock Online store.

Brian B.
Brian B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Killed my 10-month-old GSP.

This product killed my 10-month-old GSP 6 hours after I gave it to her, which their customer service line advise is the time of maximum absorption. I didn't know it at the time, but many dogs get seizures from this product. Google it, it's horrible. Lesson learned: there is no point dumping a whole lot of high powered chemicals into your dog at once - do your research carefully on what the key parasite is and give a product specific to that, if it's really needed. A few worms or flea will not kill your dog - Nextguard Spectra killed mine. I am not staying it will kill your dog, but enough dogs get problems from it for me to never use it again.

Side Effects Death

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.14 Feb 2022
RSaxton
RSaxtonBlackheath

Did NexGard Spectra kill my dog?

Purchased in October 2019.

Poor Results with Nexgard Spectra

Purchased from my Vet, From initial dosing on the 16 May 19 I have have very poor results for wood tick control. I am constantly having to manually check my toy poodle for attached wood ticks. Previous years I have purchased from my vet Heartgard and Nexgard separately with very good results, Could it be this particular lot Number DIN02473364 for 2-3.7 Kg Nexgard Spectra that is not providing acceptable results?

Purchased in May 2019 for $150.

Side Effects None
Tick & Flea Control Products

Find out how Nexgard Spectra compares to other Tick & Flea Control Products

Carrie Ann L.
Carrie Ann L.asked
Spectra

Hi all. We gave our 7 y/o male Bassadore Nexgard 1yr ago this month. Within one week we had huge piles of bloody stools with mucus, multiple times a day, loss of appetite, lethargy and vomitting. We gave him this 2 months in a row not realizing this was the issue, finally put two and two together. Ultimately, we stopped giving it him, thank goodness. Downfall, he was 51lbs when we gave it to him, he is now down to 39lbs and keeps losing. His appetite is insatiable. But 2 months ago we switched to canned sensitive stomach food. We alternate between home cooked, all natural and the canned. We have to do this because his stomach is unstable. He will vomit biale if he doesn't have several small meals a day. His stools are finally beautiful, fur-parents, I'm sure you can appreciate that term. 2 months ago the Dr did exploratory surgery. He had about a 3in section that was extremely irritated, to the point it was purple and had no blood flow. Since surgery, he is better. He had 2 enlarged lymph nodes, we had them tested, benign. His blood work is excellent and within normal range. Its almost like he is not absorbing the nutrients from his food. And we will give him canned tuna or chicken breast as a snack. Most days he is energetic, but when he has a bad day, it's a real bad day. Since surgery he hasnt drank much water, but is urinating for long periods of time, multiple times a day. We just started getting him to drink water again by adding sodium-free beef broth, absolute miracle, praise God. I had ordered a year supply for 4 furbabies. Needless to say we only used 2 months and donated the rest. This stuff is so toxic and I feel incredibly guilty and like I am fighting a losing battle. Suggestions as to what to look for or into? Our Dr and staff of 8 are completely stumped. Thank you in advance.

Carmel c.
Carmel c.asked
Nexgard Spectra Medium (7.6-15kg)

How much such I give my 8kg puppy ?

kyle

I wouldn't give a puppy nexgard, though its your choice, best to weight your dog at the vets, its free to weight them, then buy the correct amount of wormer to the weight of your puppy.

Betty C.
Betty C.asked
Spectra

My vet sending me hardened nex guard are still good to use

kyle

No also I wouldn't use next guard at all, it's your choice if you do or not

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra