Nexgard Spectra

Nexgard Spectra (page 2 of 4)

Large (15.1-30kg), Medium (7.6-15kg), Small (3.6-7.5kg), etc...
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Evy L.
Evy L.Perth, WA

don't use this on small/toy size puppies

Severe Diarrhea for four days
Lethargy
Loss of appetite
Had to take my puppy to emergency vet 1am in the morning. Poor thing had severe diarrhea and zero energy. He was completely lifeless and scared the hell out of me. Whatever is in the product, do not use on small pups. It's not worth their health. His gut health is still not 100% but he is back to his playful self. Have switched to separate treatment for worms and fleas rather than any all in one product. Can't imagine the chemicals in this product wreaking havoc. This was his second dose, i ignorned the first reaction thinking it was normal. Hit him harder second round. Never again.

Awful product, my dog has been sick for 4 days

Severe vomiting and Diarrhea for 4 days at least after giving our puppy this medication. This is an awful product.

Do not use, do not recommend. This will make your dog very sick.

Purchased in October 2020.

Diarrhea for a week

After a single pill, my 3 month years old dog had bloody diarrhea for a looonng week.
It seems to be better now, but, hey, don't give this to any dog, please !

Purchased in October 2020.

Nexgard spectra killed my dog and made my others extremely ill

Purchased in September 2020 at PetStock Online store.

Side Effects Death

Moneypenney
MoneypenneySydney, NSW

Bloody diarrhea and in hospital

Purchased in March 2020 for $120.00.

Thought my dog was dying

I gave my dachshund a Nexgard Spectra chew for his weight range. Not long after he wouldn’t move from his bed. My poor boy wouldn’t even lift his head and he usually follows me everywhere. When he did get up to wee he only just got out of his bed then went straight back to it. His urine was almost brown and crystallised when it dried. Never again.

Side Effects Short-term illness
Pet Type Dog

Absolutely Toxic. Almost killed by little dog.

Please, I absolutely urge you to not even chance using this product on your dog. The neurological effects it had, my dog almost lost the function of his back legs. Besides blood in his vomit and diarrhoea. I am blessed to still have him. The product is absolutely toxic and dangerous. Milk Thistle and prescription pain relief got him back to himself. Although some days he still requires medication over a year later.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sam Jhon
Sam JhonMid North Coast, NSW

One Tablet And Done!

Nexgard Spectra chewables act rapidly Kills fleas and ticks, but also provides protection for a month. It is also useful in preventing other issues such as tapeworm infestations, sarcoptic mange, mite infestation, and also aids in eliminating worms in the gut. One Tablet performs many task.

Purchased in July 2020 at Pet Care Club for $50.00.

Mop00
Mop00Gungahlin 2912, ACT

Don’t take the risk, my puppy is so unwell after taking this.

I purchased the 6 pack after my vet recommended it for my 4mth old miniature Poodle. She had diahorrea after the first Dose, but I didn’t think about it at the time.

After the second tablet she was crying with stomach cramps and terrible watery, mucous/blood stained diahorrea. It’s the 3rd day since her 2nd dose, she is still off her food, drinking lots of water and quite unwell.

After reading others reviews I won’t be using this product again. With so many horrific reactions I don’t know why it can still be sold.
I will be contacting my Vet and the company that makes these. I feel awful for putting my little puppy through this trauma.

Purchased in July 2020.

Side Effects Short-term illness

Dog is very sick, took 2nd month to find out

Gave this Spectra version to my King Charles Cavalier last month and she got terrible mucous/bloody diarrhea. I thought it was something she ate off of the floor or ground, she's like a vacuum cleaner. Gave it to again this month and same terrible diarrhea. She is on a rice milk and opioid regiment. Very dangerous product, don't take the chance of killing your dog.

Purchased in April 2020.

Narelle
NarellePerth, WA

This product is toxic & should be not be on the shelves.

Our 2 year old Labrador has had 2 seizures since being given this product. He is now on medication for Epilepsy. He has also become more anxious since his seizures and has to have blood tests to make sure medication isn't harming his vital organs. Will be using natural remedies from now on.

Purchased in December 2019 for $120.00.

Side Effects Long-term illness
Old timer
Old timerSouthwest, VIC

Danger this is poison

My blue heeler had this product for 2years,he had seizures from the age of 8 months, the vet said he was epileptic,he was getting worse and we nearly lost him my wife did her home work,on this poison,we STOPPED it straight away, he has not had a seizure,for 12 months, DONT give this drug to your pet it can KiLL , we now use one that goes on his coat, no more problems look around talk to your vet

Side Effects Long-term illness

Brian B.
Brian B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Killed my 10-month-old GSP.

This product killed my 10-month-old GSP 6 hours after I gave it to her, which their customer service line advise is the time of maximum absorption. I didn't know it at the time, but many dogs get seizures from this product. Google it, it's horrible. Lesson learned: there is no point dumping a whole lot of high powered chemicals into your dog at once - do your research carefully on what the key parasite is and give a product specific to that, if it's really needed. A few worms or flea will not kill your dog - Nextguard Spectra killed mine. I am not staying it will kill your dog, but enough dogs get problems from it for me to never use it again.

Bon
BonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Has been working for us.

First treatment for my 2yr old AmStaff was at 3mths. She’ll eat them straight out of the packet so ok there. I find it’s best to give them with food as it does upset her bowels but only for the day. She’s also a little more placid for the day. I find no fleas, no sign of worms and the odd tick she can pick up has been dead by the time I find it and she gets daily inspections. I am concerned about all the chemicals I put into the little body so during the cooler months, I treat her every 2nd month. I’ll keep using it this way.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $82.00.

Dogs haven’t been good since taking this

Always worm my dogs twice a year, unfortunately the vets recommended that we use this product this time round. Both dogs have now been battling sickness off and on for 2 months (stomach and intestinal issues), I am absolutely furious about it. Both now at a new vet who wouldn’t be drawn on the product but just said they don’t stock it, or use it commercially or privately, enough for me.

Purchased for $20.00.

gotamangina
gotamanginaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Made him sick, still unwell 4 days later.

We gave this to our dog on Saturday and he was vomiting and had diarrhea the next day. 4 days later and he still has diarrhea and is not himself.

This progressed to passing blood and mucus and losing weight. We stopped giving it to him, got a refund from the pet shop and two months later he is healthy and putting weight back on.

We had a few trips to the vet for stomach issues and blood in his stool over the months preceding this, but hadn't made the connection until the last time, when the problem escalated.

Purchased in November 2019.

oldchinaservice
oldchinaserviceSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shonky advertising

My vet told me that Nexgard's inference it kills tapeworms is false. It does not kill tapeworms. On reading the small print on the pack, it says it controls tapeworms by killing the fleas that carry tapeworms.
So when, like me, you buy the stuff to kill existing tapeworms, it's useless, resulting in my trip to the vet.

Also, the advert says, "NEXGARD SPECTRA is a tasty beef-flavoured chew that dogs love. 100% of owners surveyed said it was well received by their dog!"
So, as my dog will not chew it unless I cover it with something tasty like peanut butter, I allege the opposite of their advert: In my experience, 100% of dogs in my personal survey did NOT receive it well.

I find this product's claims to be shonky from start to finish.

Purchased in October 2019 at Online for $49.99.

RSaxton
RSaxtonBlackheath

Did NexGard Spectra kill my dog?

Purchased in October 2019.

Side Effects Death
Nona   I go now
Nona I go nowAU

Unsure about side effects

I'm sure Nexgard does what it says at the "5 star" standard, it certainly fixed a puppy worm problem. But will be trying alternatives to Afoxolaner, with vets guidance, due to our dog having a side effect (blood in diarrhea for several days after each dosing - bull terrier 15kg).

Tim E.
Tim E.Sydney, NSW

Great product

No issues or reactions, never had a single tick since using. Very impressed as we live in a bad area for ticks. Highly recommend, don’t listen to herbalist nutters online listen to your vet or real people in dog parks.

nextgard spectra nearly kill my dog

My dog got an pancreatitis. It got more and more bad. Low fat food did not has positive effect. After stop about nextgard spectra he got his healthy back. Please do not give this poison chemical to your dog. How can such a drug come to market?

Megan C.
Megan C.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Everything in one

This is perfect for my boy. It's everything in one. We go away a lot so it covers things that are generally not found in the suburbs. Like ticks, etc... So when we go away I know my boys covered. Great peace of mind

Purchased in January 2017 at Pet Circle for $100.00.

Amanda
Amanda

Best preventative for paralysis tick

This product is great for protecting dogs from paralysis tick in the tropics. I have used it on dogs of all sizes, ranging from 8 week old puppies to a 30kg German short haired pointer. I have used it on chihuahuas, basenjis, German shepherds, huskies, mareemas, border collies and more. I ensure that the first dose I give a new dog is smaller (one size class down) and if it is tolerated well I give the correct dose moving forward. The worst symptom that I have witnessed is diarrhea but I am sure to check if the dog has heart worm before I give it due to the risks. Some dogs do not like the smell and taste so it has to be hidden in cheese.

Purchased in January 2018 at Budget Pet Products for $110.00.

scandalicious
scandaliciousRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great product

My pup loves these so much so that she eats these tablets straight out of my hands. No need to deceive her with hiding them in other products. No issues at all.

Purchased in August 2019.

Zero stars!

I gave my 11 month Cavoodle weighing 4.7kg one dose on 19 July 2019. She didn’t like to eat it. On the night of 20 July, she had the worst diarrhoea, black, liquid and very smelly. After taking Prosillic III Suspension and pet isotonic drink for hydration, my dog looks a lot better today, with slightly firmer stools that aren’t tarry and black. I will not recommend to use NexGard Spectra.

Purchased in May 2019 at Spring Vet, Singapore for $60.00.