Nexgard Spectra
See the Best Tick & Flea Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexgard? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Bon
BonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Has been working for us.

First treatment for my 2yr old AmStaff was at 3mths. She’ll eat them straight out of the packet so ok there. I find it’s best to give them with food as it does upset her bowels but only for the day. She’s also a little more placid for the day. I find no fleas, no sign of worms and the odd tick she can pick up has been dead by the time I find it and she gets daily inspections. I am concerned about all the chemicals I put into the little body so during the cooler months, I treat her every 2nd month. I’ll keep using it this way.

Purchased in January 2020 at Petbarn Physical store for $82.00.

Niels Z.Goulburn Valley, VIC

When puppies have diarrhoea it might be something other than nexguard.

Purchased in June 2019 at PetStock Physical store for $32.00.

Niels Z.

The title meant that when you use this in puppies, try to keep their environment controlled at all times so they don’t go off eating dirt and poo for example. That can get them ill too, and after dosing with a drug it may seem that that’s the culprit

MandaJ
MandaJSouth East Queensland, QLD

No issues for me

After reading all the reviews on here for Nexgard Spectra, I must admit I was reluctant to buy it. I consulted my vet and two shops before I brought it for my two Spoodle puppies. I have been giving it to them for 9 months and the only issue I have had is one vomit from the smaller one, and I can only put that down to giving it to him on an empty tummy and him being just 7.5kg (his brother is 10kg). Overall I am happy and will continue to purchase.

Robyn White
Robyn Whiteasked
Spectra

Does Nexgard Spectra guard against or kill tapeworm?

Rhino
Rhino

I'm not sure if it kills tapeworm Robyn but I can assure you it nearly killed my dog.

Nicole C
Nicole Casked
Spectra

Hi, our puppy bordoodle is now 10 months old and he has been taking this product since we bought he when he was 2 months old and we took him to check up, the vet recommended this product Nesgard-spectra to us. I have been looking for the alternative brand for him before. I was shocked and saw this product only 2 stars here. I read all the comments and it's scared me now. Could anyone give me another suggestion? Thanks

bosstag
bosstag

Hi Nicole.
We too have been giving it to our 2 dogs since it was on the market. However it appears to build up in their systems and we almost lost both our fur babies the last time. Our larger poodle was bleeding from the bowel. If you check on the American site you can see that it has been removed from sale as it kills the dogs. As far as alternatives go I think the drop behind the neck seems to work for most dogs. I believe the problem comes in when the drug contains everything ..ticks, flees and worms. You may just cut back to the tick and flees then 2 weeks later give them a separate wormer. But check out the American reviews first. You can also give them a probiotic for dogs for good stomach health. We do now.
David.

Lee M.
Lee M.asked
Spectra

My dog is 18 kg and then exhaust spectra I have is 7.6-15kg. Should I give her 2 chewable tablets?

Nexgard Spectra

Compare all 5 Nexgard Spectra
CategoryTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control ProductsTick & Flea Control Products
Application TypeChewableChewableChewableChewable
Pet TypeDogDogDogDog
Reapplication PeriodEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 monthsEvery 2-3 months
Minimum Pet Age8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks