NIB Health Insurance

Customer

Customerasked

Frances
Frances

I have never had a problem give them a call and sort it out that way they are very helpful

Paul

Paul asked

I’m on work Visa, I've been with nib for 4 years. Does NIB cover surgical or liposuction lipoma removal.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your question Paul, We have sent a response to your inbox.

Please contact our nib International Working & Visitors Cover team (OVHC) to discuss your cover on Phone: 1800 775 204, Email: nibovhc@nib.com.au, webpage: www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors. Our International Businesses teams are available 8:30am to 6pm weekdays (AEST).

Kind Regards, Richard.

Andrea K.

Andrea K.asked

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and underwent a double mastectomy and reconstruction through the private system  as we had health insurance through your fund and were of the understanding that we were covered for this.   That was until we tried to make a claim. Did you not only decline this claim for the surgery you also declined the hospital stay.
This has put additional stress on my family and myself for which we do not and did not need. Thanks to you we have been left out of pocket by $30 000.  We always knew there would be out of pocket expenses but for your company to simply decline everything is just callous and wrong. We always paid our premiums on time and you did not seem to have a problem taking our money for that, but once we tried to claim fo something that was life saving we come up against a big red stop sign from you.
You have left us broken and struggling when we were once just a normal family living a good life. This year has already been tough enough due to COVID19.
Let me tell you about myself, I was 49, no direct family history of breast cancer, i have 2 teenage children and a husband who would do anything for our family.  This diagnosis turned myself and my family upside down.
I have been staying behind the scenes while my husband has been trying to get you to reconsider your decision but the time has come that I can no longer keep silent about this as it is tearing us apart. I am also embarrassed to be put in this situation.
A company such as yours who made a huge profit this financial year and sprout that health insurance should be easy to claim and good value really need to reconsider this statement because there has been nothing easy about this.
I just hope that there are not other people out (your members) there that are facing the same situation as us.
I would welcome you to contact me but I doubt that will happen and I know this post will probably be deleted.  I feel people need to know how you treat your members while your CEO pays himself a nice tidy bonus while we are left struggling to now make ends meet.
All we ask for is a fair go, not too much to ask for .

RobS

RobSasked

I have been diagnosed with severe sleep apnea. Can I claim for my CPAP machine when I buy it ?
Cheers Margot

nibnib

Hello Margot, Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Please contact us using link below & we will be happy to discuss your eligibility to claim.

Kind Regards Richard.

Mark Radley

Mark Radleyasked

Hi Do you refund anything on the $100 my GP charges for an iron infusion? Cheers Mark

Hey Mark,

Thanks for getting in touch, we would be happy to assist you.

To discuss this matter further you will need to get in touch with one of our customer service representatives, you can contact us by visiting our webpage nib.com.au/contact-us.

Thanks, Kayleigh

divya

divyaasked

hi.........this is divya.. i am an international student and i want to take health insurance for my mother and daughter who are here on visitor visa subclass 600. can i get the quote for monthly premium for both. age of my mother is 60 and my daughter is 2 years. we live in victoria.
plz provide the quote
thanks and regards.
divya.

Hello Divya,
Thank you for your message.

Please contact our nib International Working & Visitors Cover team (OVHC) to obtain a quote. Phone: 1800 775 204, Email: nibovhc@nib.com.au, webpage: www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors. Our International Businesses teams are available 8:30am to 6pm weekdays (AEST).

Regards,
Cameron

Peter

Peterasked

Do you cover cpap trial

Crystal S.

Crystal S.asked

I am a international student. I couldn't claim any my medical receipts from this insurance even i already chose the package(it include GP) . just waste $106 for each month. I will notice this insurance at TAFE even on my every classes pages to let them know about this joking company.

D Fenwick

D Fenwickasked

How do you justify a member paying into your fund their whole working life and now last 2 years has needed surgery at 61 you feel it’s appropriate to force them out of private hospital because of costs shame on you this is not going to stop here

leonie

leonieasked

what are the new rules coming in for the extras cover . which extras cover will still be available e.g. chiropractic, acupuncture, remedial massage ?

Mukun S

Mukun Sasked

I missed my period
My period date was 24dec 2018 its been a one week
I was just wondering nib will cover abortion cost if needed? thanks
mukunda kharel sapkota
Mukundakharel@gmail.com

Hi Mukun,

Thank you for contacting nib.

For enquiries related to your policy and cover, please contact us 13 16 42.

Regards,
Rose

Jamie

Jamieasked

Hi, I recently went to my dentist for my general clean and I had to pay out of pocket as NIB only covered some of it and I still have $300 left on my minor dental??
My wife came with me under Medibank and was covered for the entire lot. Same price from dentist?
Why is this?

Hi Jamie

Thank you for your message. If you could please contact us on 13 16 42 a member of our team would be happy to assist.

Rose

Kym b

Kym basked

I need to cancel a policy I setup with Iselect as I am getting double payments taken for 2 policies with different companies in the last month. I am wanting to cancel the NIB policy, any help?

eva

evaasked

i have a oversees nib insurance and recently I had side affects from medicament what I took and was brought by ambulance to st.Vincent hospital. I get doctor consultation and some injection.I spent about 6 h there and I was released to home.they didn't ask my to pay anything upfront,do I still need to wait a bill for that?

Hi Eva,

Thank you for your enquiry. If you could please call us on 13 16 42 we can arrange for a member of our team to assist.

Sheryl H

Sheryl Hasked

When I reach the $700 limit on my extras dental cover and still require further dental work in any one year, do I then have to pay the full amount owing with no help from nib?

nibnib

Hi Sheryl, we’d love to discuss your policy with you further, please contact us on 13 14 63, visit us in store or jump online at www.nib.com.au. Thanks

David

Davidasked

How can I expand the period of time covered by the OSHC?

Hi David,

Thank you for your enquiry. Can you please call us on 13 16 42 so a member of our customer service team can assist you.

Bethany

Bethanyasked

How do I access a claim form?

Hi Bethany,

You can find out about our claim options, including how to access a claim form here : https://www.nib.com.au/health-information/account-assistance/claiming

If you require any further assistance, please contact us 13 16 42.

Elsi

Elsiasked

Hye.im Elsi,I am a oversea student.and im pregnant for 22 week.if I delivered here at the private hospital.do NIB will cover the hospital cost?i have been using NIB for 2 years.

Hi Elsi,

Thank you for your enquiry. So we can assist you further can you please call us on 13 16 42.

Vivian N

Vivian Nasked

Can I know what is actually covered in NIB OSHC?

Hi Vivian,

We would be happy to get a member of our customer support team to assist with your enquiry.

Please contact us on 13 16 42 or email nib@nib.com.au.

Vinay

Vinayasked

I'm an international student. I get my OSHC covered through nib. I want to get my card. n visit the office too. can you please assist me?

Get an answer from our members and nib representatives