NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance (page 2 of 16)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (15)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (14) · No (32)
juliette.nw

juliette.nwSydney, NSW

You’d be better off lighting your money on fire once a month.

Terrible value. Terrible service. You’d be better off lighting your money on fire once a month. On multiple occasions I called to ask how much I would get back on a claim, then went and paid for the health service and when I submitted the claim they would pay me a tiny fraction of what they’d quoted me ($250 of $1500 in one instance). When I called to ask why this was they would basically say it’s all my fault for trusting their word instead of combing through the policy for every loophole like they had. Absolutely furious. Do not use this “service” (if you could even call it that).

SimonSydney Surrounds, NSW

Couldn't organise a rock fight in a quarry.

Put policy price up but reduced cover. Kept charging me after the policy was cancelled. Taking weeks for them to sort out. Avoid then like the plague, they have no idea.

nibnib

Hi Simon  We endeavour to provide excellent customer service and I’m sorry to hear that this hasn’t occurred on your recent contact with us. All the best. Regards Maria

Simon

Empty words. Issues still not resolved or any offer of assistance made.

Dot

DotNew South Wales

Essential items not covered

fi0na

fi0naSouth East Queensland, QLD

Anaesthetics not covered

I am so disappointed I had to go in for a major operation and the anaesthetics bill was $4000. NIB didn't cover it, so I had to pay all but the scheduled medicare fee. I was over $3000 out of pocket

Karen

KarenPerth, WA

Total rip off and don’t call back when they say they will

Had a $250 excess but was told it had gone up to $500 unless a letter from dr confirming not a pre existing condition. Got this plus phoned nib & was assured was $250. On day of surgery hosp was advised by nib $500. Had tp pay up. I called next day to sort out plus the next 2 days only to be told they will call back.......ha waiting 3 days so far.
They don’t care.....all this stress when you are having surgery not good or helpful in any way.

Dan

Dan

Crappy Eye Care center and poor claim service.

Attended eye care center and got told by a staff to use Specsaver instead as NIB Eye Care charges many services Specsaver doesn't. Also old equipments and poor ranges of glasses.
Submitted multiple claims but got rejected and they asked for many more supporting documents for a tiny claim amount.
Expensive premium and uncompetitive products.

Liz

Liz

Waste of money

4 years of paying top cover for my children, required 1 specialist appointment and it was declined. Because, NiB appears to have a clause for everything to ensure they dont actually have to pay anything out to anyone. Dishonest, money grabbing thieves.

Pat

PatSouth East Queensland, QLD

absolutely terrible

NIB is all about profits and not a personal service at all. On attempting to claim for my partners breast surgery (which we are covered for) we keep getting automated email replies saying it has been rejected without any reason or phone call as to why, then we have to call hotline to find out why then start the whole process again we are now going on to the third month of trying to get this claim across the board. as soon as this is done i will be changing private health insurance providers for myself and family. To be paying so much per year for a company that doesn't provide a streamlined service is ridiculous.

nibnib

Hi Pat, Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry to hear about your claiming experience with us. I have sent you a private message with further details.
Kind regards, Richard

User Power

User PowerSydney, NSW

Worst Experience with Health Insurance

I had some worse experiences with other health insurance but this is the worst.
I did not get GP visits for my parent's claim paid fully, even though I do not pay anything when I use my medicare. Medical center does bulk billing. I paid premium for GP Visits included.
Insurance got terminated because they do not provide it if visitor stays more than 1 year even in current pandemic situation.

Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Sorry to hear that our international cover did not meet your needs at this time and I hope that we can have a better experience in the future. Kind regards Vicki

nicholas

nicholasSydney, NSW

Dreadful and misleading, all about profits and nothing about patient care

What a rip off, After years of being a member , as i was away overseas for an extending holiday they made me go onto a wait period for a simple gastroscopy, so after 6 months wait , i get told as I am in a public hospital, medicare cover 75% and I have a pay $500 excess , so in reality NIB pay nothing . What a rip off , and I would have been better to have been told this 6 months ago . Very poor advice and totally misleading company. I regret being a member for all the years. I rang up to complain and was told to cancel the policy if I am unhappy . I pay more than 300 a month for my partner and I , Its a absolute rip off

Hi Nicholas,
Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry to hear about your experience with nib. I have sent you a private message with further details.

Gleep

GleepSydney Surrounds, NSW

Time to break up

Hi Gleep,
Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback, I'm sorry we have not been able to help you on with your last enquiry and I hope that our future dealings will be a better experience for you.
Warm regards
Vicki

Adam W.

Keep jacking up premiums and you get nothing back.

They have just increased my premium, and I ran out of chiropractic cover so now out of pocket with that. These guys are a profits driven insurance company with no care for their customers. Thought I had a heart issue and needed a stent, also not covered and had to pay more for extra cover.

Hi Adam,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with nib and can understand that this is disappointing. I have sent you a private message with further details regarding this.

Adam W.

That's funny Michelle, no private message was received. You guys only want to show the appearance that you care. You have terrible reviews, don't know how you guys can sleep at nights working for a company like nib.

Hi Adam,
I am sorry that you did not receive my private message. I have attempted to send you a new message with some more details.

Deepthi

DeepthiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not recommended

I have paid 12 months for my fathers visitor cover. After applying visa extension, contacted the company for providing updated documents from immigration. Then came to know that my father’s cover is expired 4 days prior and they can’t provide cover for more than 12 months. The only reason for not providing cover is that they have to cover pre exiting conditions after 12 months.

charlie

charlieFar North Queensland, QLD

Really disappointed

I got a OVHC cover for my mother last year.Last week saturday early morning I got a email saying That her insurance policy is cancelled on my request.(Which I haven't requested)I was on my way to a regional town 500 kms away from home with mother.I was really stressed if something happened on the way.even the call center was closed.
I had to wait till monday to call them .Then NIB telling me that insurance product is not longer available and it cant be reinsured.
What a scam no one told me about that and didnt give me a proper notice for that.how much of a time I had to wasted to sort the issue.
I was about to give them my family hospita cover.But now never recommend to any body.

Dreadful and misleading

After being a member for years , I had a period in Europe and now have to face a wait period , never made a claim , but when I called it’s all impossible . Even when I try to make a dentist appointment , I can’t get a straight answer to what I will be up for . The NIB dentist couldn’t give me the price. All really dishonest and confusing and I regret paying in for years to get the cold shoulder and let baffled when I ask for a simple thing , what will I be up for it I get a scale and clean from their dentist . I feel I am about to be scammed again like a moth to the bright lights !!

Nicholas S.
Nicholas S.

MartinGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disgraceful NIB - GO ELSEWHERE for insurance (tell everyone you know)

NIB will gladly accept premiums, if you try making a claim they will very efficiently and effectively refuse that claim and then invest a great deal of time and resources to defend their decision.

nibnib

Hi Martin, I am sorry to hear you have had some problems with a claim. I have messaged you directly so I can assist you further with this. Thanks, Kayleigh

Martin

Thanks for yet another ‘standard’ personal acknowledgement. I will respond to your message shortly though expect you will simply trot out the same ‘standard’ reply as several of your colleagues already have.

Martin

And now another message from NIB trying to up sell more insurance.
Disgraceful company purely interested in making a profit.
BE WARNED. Share this review and TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

AG1986

AG1986Sydney, NSW

The worst insurance i have ever had

nibnib

Hello, Thanks for contacting nib.
I am sorry to hear you were disappointed with your recent experience with nib.
Just letting you know that I have sent you a Private Message that you can reply to.

coolwaters171

coolwaters171South East Queensland, QLD

Nuisance calls. They don't speak to you

After getting a quote online, I have received 16 calls in 5 days in which I answer, you hear someone on the other end, no one speaks to you, then they hang up. Never would I join this unprofessional company who haven't even mastered a basic customer requirement..COMMUNICATION!!!

nibnib

Hello. I'm sorry to hear you have had this experience. I have sent you a private message about your contact and if there's anything we can do to help. Kind regards, Cameron

PEK

PEKOak Flats

Bad customer service

I changed after 34 years from AHM to Qantas Health, which is NIB. Their customer service after signing up is non existent. I wait for a $12 refund for cancelled travel insurance since March. So before experiencing problems with their health insurance, I will leave them immediately

Rebecca

Rebecca

Misleading and bad customer service

Customer service was so slow and had no idea the info to give me when i asked. They mislead and make you wait 3 months for the gift card worth 400 dollars

Customer

Customerasked

Frances
Frances

I have never had a problem give them a call and sort it out that way they are very helpful

Paul

Paul asked

I’m on work Visa, I've been with nib for 4 years. Does NIB cover surgical or liposuction lipoma removal.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your question Paul, We have sent a response to your inbox.

Please contact our nib International Working & Visitors Cover team (OVHC) to discuss your cover on Phone: 1800 775 204, Email: nibovhc@nib.com.au, webpage: www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors. Our International Businesses teams are available 8:30am to 6pm weekdays (AEST).

Kind Regards, Richard.

Andrea K.

Andrea K.asked

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and underwent a double mastectomy and reconstruction through the private system  as we had health insurance through your fund and were of the understanding that we were covered for this.   That was until we tried to make a claim. Did you not only decline this claim for the surgery you also declined the hospital stay.
This has put additional stress on my family and myself for which we do not and did not need. Thanks to you we have been left out of pocket by $30 000.  We always knew there would be out of pocket expenses but for your company to simply decline everything is just callous and wrong. We always paid our premiums on time and you did not seem to have a problem taking our money for that, but once we tried to claim fo something that was life saving we come up against a big red stop sign from you.
You have left us broken and struggling when we were once just a normal family living a good life. This year has already been tough enough due to COVID19.
Let me tell you about myself, I was 49, no direct family history of breast cancer, i have 2 teenage children and a husband who would do anything for our family.  This diagnosis turned myself and my family upside down.
I have been staying behind the scenes while my husband has been trying to get you to reconsider your decision but the time has come that I can no longer keep silent about this as it is tearing us apart. I am also embarrassed to be put in this situation.
A company such as yours who made a huge profit this financial year and sprout that health insurance should be easy to claim and good value really need to reconsider this statement because there has been nothing easy about this.
I just hope that there are not other people out (your members) there that are facing the same situation as us.
I would welcome you to contact me but I doubt that will happen and I know this post will probably be deleted.  I feel people need to know how you treat your members while your CEO pays himself a nice tidy bonus while we are left struggling to now make ends meet.
All we ask for is a fair go, not too much to ask for .

See all NIB Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and nib representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance