NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance (page 3 of 16)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (15)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (14) · No (32)

NickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Horrible experience. They will hold your policy as a hostage.

Shaddy

ShaddySydney Surrounds, NSW

10 year customer leaving

Have paid NIB for over ten years and have only ever claimed one payment in this time.
6 months ago i begun a process of getting an invasive surgery done. 6 months ago i did all the right things and made sure i was completely covered by NIB for everything relating the surgery (except the anesthetist wasnt covered but that is okay as i had learnt that 6 months ago) Now here i am days before the surgery and i am being told that NIB wont cover the surgery or the private hospital when i was told months ago that i was? Now i have to fork out thousands of dollars in a matter of days even though i have spent what? tens of thousands with NIB over the years?

Thank you. . .

nibnib

Hi, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with nib regarding your procedure. I would like to investigate this for you. I have sent you a private message regarding this matter. Regards Emma.

Bridget

BridgetVictoria

INCORRECT SCRIPT

In 2018 the optometrist incorrectly filled out my script which caused further damage to my eyes. Furthermore, I was assured my direct debit would be put on hold when I moved overseas. Nope, payments came out and there was absolutely no support when I tried to rectify the situation.

Hello Bridget,
A private message has been sent to assist you in this matter.
Thank you, Amanda.

No Trust for this company

Peter

PeterSouthwest, VIC

Avoid this company

They never pay you claim with the same criteria.
Same doctor, same bill paid, different amount received back!
I Always had to chase them to pay the claim.
Not a good customer service over the phone, they hire people that can not speak English or understand 100% what you saying!
Cheap company, cheap service, they do not pay you more then 25 %of your claim, don’t trust them, hopefully this company will be shut down!
Note for NIB, don’t even try to contact me to discuss this feedback. Hopefully people will choose other company after my feedback.

SonaSydney, NSW

Zero! Worst customer experience

Called to understand what was covered under policy because of the corona virus situation. Spoke to Venice - who wouldnt explain what's covered despite giving all the policy details. Insisted on speakin to Aunt who doesn't speak a word of english or she would need to sign paperwork authorising authority to speak on her behalf. This was the third time I called. Accepting $1000 plus from us and won't answer when we ask what's covered.

Hi Sona,
Thank you for your reply. I have replied to your private message regarding the matter.

Sam

SamPerth, WA

Nib health care

Hi Sam,
I am sorry to hear about your recent experience with nib. We would certainly like the opportunity to discuss this with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this.

Alan T.Perth, WA

Two nights in hospital - $1000 in out of pocket expenses plus the excess

Recently my wife spent two nights in hospital having being admitted on an emergency basis. Excess of $750 we well understand but just over $1000 of out of pocket expenses for a 2 night stay.
We have top hospital cover but it apparently doesn't cover:
1. The Surgeon doing a follow-up with his patient after the operation. This is truly bizarre. Does NIB truly believe that the Surgeon shouldn't follow-up?
2. X-Rays and scans ordered by the Emergency Department Doctor and the Surgeon. How is a Doctor to diagnose if NIB apparently believe scans and X-Rays are not necessary?

Alan T.

Now all of a sudden there's another reason the out of pocket costs are so high.
Seems they'll try and fob you off with one ridiculous excuse, i.e. we don't pay for "out-patient" services and when caught out in that lie they try another lie.

Kiwigal

KiwigalBonner 2914, ACT

Not the best insurance

I added this insurance to my holiday that I booked in June last year without really looking into it so this is partly my fault, I have never gone with this company before and it was like an add on type off thing. I’m normally very fussy with travel insurance but due to busy lifestyle just went with these guys.
If I go on my holiday I will be getting another insurance company to cover me who I’ve dealt with before and feel more comfortable.

nibnib

Jason from NIB chat is the most rude and demeaning person I have ever encountered.

Had a question regarding my rebate as was replied too with sarcasm and CAPITAL Letters used as well. Not a good look. Don’t bother going to a no gap dentist because NIB don’t recognise that and will still give you back 60 percent even though the gap has already been absorbed by the dentist.

CJ

CJVictoria, 3809

Should give minus - Bad customer service

loss

lossSydney, NSW

Simple surgery

NIB would not give me a decision on a simple operation. When I paid for said operation, The bunch of crooks refused to pay. disgusted, disgusted and you have to write a letter before you can send yor enraged post.

nibnib

Hi, I am sorry to hear about your experience with nib. I would like to take this opportunity to look into this for you.
I have sent you a private message regarding your post if you can please reply to.
Michelle

I wasted all day try to log in the so called new website , waiting for a verification through email which never arrived

Not really, I’m actually thinking to canceling it’s getting more expensive every year waste of money , if I’m really sick just go the public hospital , which have more doctors and nurses .

nibnib

Hi Brian, I am really sorry to hear about your experience with the online services and would like to assist you.
I have sent you a private message regarding your post.

Rau

RauSydney, NSW

CLAIM

My daughter had to make a hospital claim and NIB, 1st said that she had a pre exisiting condition of Asthma. As I got all the paper work back to them, they changed the pre exisiting condition to a chest infection. Didn’t cover her hospital stay. Expensive, not helpful or understanding. I will be changing health funds & not recommending NIB to anyone.
For anyone looking at getting private health cover NIB is NOT the one to pick. Also reading a few other reviews I can see I made the wrong choice.

Find out how NIB Health Insurance compares to other Health Insurance

Claims keep disappearing while prices keep increasing

I have been with them 4 years. Never had to claim anything. I've tried for the first time last year and it was ridiculous. The claims keep disappearing from their portal. I'm so annoyed. DO NOT ENGAGE with them

Suneil Kulkarni

Suneil KulkarniPerth, WA

Worst Service - AVOID USING THEM

NIB (IMAN) health insurance service has been the worst service. They promised me a refund for which I was entitled to after I got my PR & Citizenship. I had to make several calls to claim this money. They initially promised that they will. However after months they declined the refund. Please don't trust them. I have documented all the conversations

NIB gaps

I am an Aneasthetist. NIB pays much less than the other insurers but most importantly if we charge a gap they put the burden on the customer. For example with any other insurer If I charge a $500 gap that’s it. With NIB they pay the customer less as a blackmail to stop Doctors charging a gap. So here’s how it works. I charge $500 gap cost to patient $800.

vrxbeachboy

vrxbeachboy

Horrible Service

It has been 6 months trying to claim back a private hospital admission cost of $1600 that I had to pay for. They keep finding fault with every little thing in the process and keep telling me I have not sent the correct forms that I have sent them several times. I think their claims services are based in the philippines and they act like robots and are unable to think outside the box and satisfy NIB's customers. Once I get my funds claim I will be searching for a different health insurer.

A B

A BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pathetic

Simply the worst insurer I have ever come across.
Glad they showed their true colours before signing with them. Can't imagine the head aches if I ever had to make the claim.

Customer

Customerasked

Frances
Frances

I have never had a problem give them a call and sort it out that way they are very helpful

Paul

Paul asked

I’m on work Visa, I've been with nib for 4 years. Does NIB cover surgical or liposuction lipoma removal.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your question Paul, We have sent a response to your inbox.

Please contact our nib International Working & Visitors Cover team (OVHC) to discuss your cover on Phone: 1800 775 204, Email: nibovhc@nib.com.au, webpage: www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors. Our International Businesses teams are available 8:30am to 6pm weekdays (AEST).

Kind Regards, Richard.

Andrea K.

Andrea K.asked

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and underwent a double mastectomy and reconstruction through the private system  as we had health insurance through your fund and were of the understanding that we were covered for this.   That was until we tried to make a claim. Did you not only decline this claim for the surgery you also declined the hospital stay.
This has put additional stress on my family and myself for which we do not and did not need. Thanks to you we have been left out of pocket by $30 000.  We always knew there would be out of pocket expenses but for your company to simply decline everything is just callous and wrong. We always paid our premiums on time and you did not seem to have a problem taking our money for that, but once we tried to claim fo something that was life saving we come up against a big red stop sign from you.
You have left us broken and struggling when we were once just a normal family living a good life. This year has already been tough enough due to COVID19.
Let me tell you about myself, I was 49, no direct family history of breast cancer, i have 2 teenage children and a husband who would do anything for our family.  This diagnosis turned myself and my family upside down.
I have been staying behind the scenes while my husband has been trying to get you to reconsider your decision but the time has come that I can no longer keep silent about this as it is tearing us apart. I am also embarrassed to be put in this situation.
A company such as yours who made a huge profit this financial year and sprout that health insurance should be easy to claim and good value really need to reconsider this statement because there has been nothing easy about this.
I just hope that there are not other people out (your members) there that are facing the same situation as us.
I would welcome you to contact me but I doubt that will happen and I know this post will probably be deleted.  I feel people need to know how you treat your members while your CEO pays himself a nice tidy bonus while we are left struggling to now make ends meet.
All we ask for is a fair go, not too much to ask for .

See all NIB Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and nib representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance