NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance (page 4 of 16)

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (6)
    • 1-2 weeks (8)
    • 2-4 weeks (6)
    • 1-2 months (5)
    • 3+ months (15)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (14) · No (32)

Dani H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Institution that cannot be trusted at all

Hi Michelle.
How can I send to you a private message? do you have any email?

No star

I would have given no star for sure.
Stayed on the phone for 45mins and i only asked to merge my policy with my hubbys. I have been a NIB customer for say 5 years? But im going somewhere for sure.

Barry

BarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't Trust NIB

I changed from mbp on promise of same cover for lower cost.
I now realise they reduced my cover and excluded hearing aids.
The deal was not what it stated and costly in the long run

Jeff

Jeff

Waste of time and money... Don't bother with NIB

After being a member of NIB health insurance for many years, I found out that my level of cover no longer exists in their policies.
A complete waste of time, a complete waste of money, and a painful experience communicating with them.
They tried to offer me an increased premium to keep me as a customer - not too smart.
Look elsewhere, it won;t be hard to get better service and prices than NIB's rubbish offering

SDGNorth Queensland, QLD

Profits first, Customers second.

I've just cancelled my hospital cover with NIB, after 4 years of watching my premiums go up-up-up by ~30% in total the last straw came when they quibbled over a spurious rule they had when I bought some contact lenses online - any excuse not out pay out!

An extra claim will leave me $40 out of pocket but the same for a hospital claim will leave you $1000 out of pocket.

Do not swallow the line this industry makes about ever increasing costs meaning premiums must go up, look an NIBs own share holders report, 20% increase in profits last year alone, and up every year before. while i've been a member up from $80 to $188 million. dividends are definitely coming before customer service.

Membership

I was member since 3 yrs with nib .. recently my membership was terminated by nib .. as i realized and wanted to join back they told me i have to wait till one year before i do my claim from them .. which I totally disagree and decided to switch to other health insurance..

Hi There,
We would like the opportunity to look into your cover for you. Can you please contact us on 13 14 63 and we will be happy to discuss further. Alternatively, please reply to our private message to you.
Regards, Jasmine.

Ad

BEWARE! Profit oriented. I DONT RECOMMEND NIB AT ALL.

I normally dont leave reviews but I really dont more people to feel my pain. I spoke to two reps a week prior my surgery to confirm my benefits and lets just say that I have never spoken to a more sarcastic bunch. Asking me in an angelic voice why I thought i would be covered for something I was actually paying for and had other reps confirm. They honestly didnt care about me as a customer. Dont do what I did and paid them for such a long time, to not be covered. Get out now.
I Cancelled my policy on the spot. Never again will NIB get my money.

I honestly feel scammed. I would warn people to stay away from NIB based on my experience.

nibnib

Horrible!! Just plain rubbish!!

Horrible!! After inquiring about making a claim, I just found out that my policy has been terminated. I called them before to upgrade my policy not terminate it. They did it without notice. Such a rubbish company even so having a very bad customer service!!!

Scam Artists

Had my wisdoms teeth removed, on their website there was a 1 year wait period which is what most other providers go with. Upon getting my surgery done they then proceeded to say the policy is actually different to that advertised and is actually a 2 year stand down period. Absolute snake oil salesmen. Stay away from these people!. The worst!

Janet E.North Queensland, QLD

Misleading advertising by NIB

Janet E.

Thanks, Vicki, I have left a message on Health Comparison 's phone to let them know they gave me the incorrect information. Regards, Janet

AraumoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Just after your money!

I had been with NIB since 2012 and paid more than $18k up until March this year when I needed surgery running in the $5k mark but they wouldn't pay. Their black and white hard copy policy clearly states that...Hospital treatment, including accomodation as a private patient in a private or public hospital & doctor's bill in hospital....will be covered. But they turned around and said I had to have medicare! Where was that written next to the policy! Meanwhile they don't care, business as usual and just keep taking your money on a monthly basis until you get sick or need surgery but too late!

Hello Araumo,
We endeavour to provide excellent customer service and I'm sorry to hear that this has not occurred.
Could you please inbox us with your customer number, date of birth, home address so we can look into this.
Many thanks, Shane

Leah Hook

Leah Hook

They have no care factor!

I have have only been with NIB this time for three months but have been with them previously for 2 years. I just got notified that i needed an urgent operation (not pre-existing). . They were NOT compassionate about my circumstances and just kept repeating that I had not the proper health care to cover this operation! The Policy I had obviously was a waste of money! I rate this health fund as Terrible.

Omri

OmriMelbourne

Horrible experience

I joined Nib 4 months ago. They mentioned me over the phone that I'm eligible for 300$ credit If I stay with them for 3 months.

During that time I was with them, they were trying to push back on two claims I made (e.g. supplier code is incorrect, and wrong address). I had to speak with them for hours over the phone just to get it sorted.

They never sent me the Insurance card as well.

They told me over the phone that I'm eligible for the 300$ and I will get the money back before I leave them.
Now, they DON'T want to give me the money back, and they said I should have read the T&C. Even though I confirmed my case with them over the phone.

nibnib

You cant get any worst service. If you want a company that respect the costumer, run away from NIB.

Terrible value due the costumer service. Their call centre provides an information, you send to them what they had asked for and your claim is not approved again. Then they need more documents. Very contradictory and disrespectful with client.

Roberto
Roberto

This is a joke. Now the day they didn't receive the HC21 from the hospital and I will have to upload all the receipts again by email to MAYBE get my money back. Nobody even called trying to sort it out. Run out of them

nibnib

Hi Roberto, at nib we strive to provide excellent customer service and I am sorry to hear you feel this way. We will be more than happy to investigate and look into your policy for you. Please note you will be sent a private message. Many thanks.

Tom H

Tom H

Junk peddlers. The worst.

I paid for 20 years of hospital cover with NIB. In July 2019 they reduced my hospital coverage (to junk) without me asking and without me realising, and now they wont cover me for my neck surgery. The policy change was buried in the fine print of their updated user agreement.

Read the fine print, and watch these parasites like a hawk, because they will do you over if you let them.

Worst Customer Service

I had applied for OSHC and had to get the dates of the cover changed as the course start dates had changed. At first I was told I had to fill in a refund form to get a refund and to pay for a new policy, which I did. I called to follow up, and was told I didnt need to do a refund and all i had to do was send the new dates so that the existing policy would be updated. I emailed the new dates and supporting docs then called a week later to follow up. I spent more than an hour being put on hold with a guy called Aubery only to be told they couldn't change the dates on the OSHC policy and had to fill in a refund policy. Customer service is appalling and they waste your time without getting anything resolved.

EEH

Avoidance & Delay Experts

Dick

DickWestern Australia

Claim rejection

Booked into hospital,sent account only to be rejected. Have to be inpatient for this mob to allow claim. If this is so why is it ok to claim for dentist, thats not inpatient. Policy is rubbish. Shame cant have no stars!

Ashis M.

Ashis M.

I could not find a page for NIB Travel insurance so here is my review about them

Raised a claim for a cancelled flight, nib conveniently rejected the claim, I questioned the outcome, no one cared to even effing reply.That is the standard of customer service you can expect from these guys.

I understand an insurance denying your claim, but their policy clearly stated I can question their decision within 14 working days and I did the same. And despite my email, they chose to keep their mouth shut. But when it comes to pushing you to buy a product they will call you a million times because as I said, all they care about is getting your money!

Customer

Customerasked

Frances
Frances

I have never had a problem give them a call and sort it out that way they are very helpful

Paul

Paul asked

I’m on work Visa, I've been with nib for 4 years. Does NIB cover surgical or liposuction lipoma removal.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your question Paul, We have sent a response to your inbox.

Please contact our nib International Working & Visitors Cover team (OVHC) to discuss your cover on Phone: 1800 775 204, Email: nibovhc@nib.com.au, webpage: www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors. Our International Businesses teams are available 8:30am to 6pm weekdays (AEST).

Kind Regards, Richard.

Andrea K.

Andrea K.asked

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and underwent a double mastectomy and reconstruction through the private system  as we had health insurance through your fund and were of the understanding that we were covered for this.   That was until we tried to make a claim. Did you not only decline this claim for the surgery you also declined the hospital stay.
This has put additional stress on my family and myself for which we do not and did not need. Thanks to you we have been left out of pocket by $30 000.  We always knew there would be out of pocket expenses but for your company to simply decline everything is just callous and wrong. We always paid our premiums on time and you did not seem to have a problem taking our money for that, but once we tried to claim fo something that was life saving we come up against a big red stop sign from you.
You have left us broken and struggling when we were once just a normal family living a good life. This year has already been tough enough due to COVID19.
Let me tell you about myself, I was 49, no direct family history of breast cancer, i have 2 teenage children and a husband who would do anything for our family.  This diagnosis turned myself and my family upside down.
I have been staying behind the scenes while my husband has been trying to get you to reconsider your decision but the time has come that I can no longer keep silent about this as it is tearing us apart. I am also embarrassed to be put in this situation.
A company such as yours who made a huge profit this financial year and sprout that health insurance should be easy to claim and good value really need to reconsider this statement because there has been nothing easy about this.
I just hope that there are not other people out (your members) there that are facing the same situation as us.
I would welcome you to contact me but I doubt that will happen and I know this post will probably be deleted.  I feel people need to know how you treat your members while your CEO pays himself a nice tidy bonus while we are left struggling to now make ends meet.
All we ask for is a fair go, not too much to ask for .

See all NIB Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and nib representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance