NIB Health Insurance

NIB Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (2)
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (1) · No (0)
ThumbsDownKurmond

ThumbsDownKurmondSydney Surrounds, NSW

pretty happy with extras

I am with NIB for 5+ years (extras only). pretty happy with them.
Get free dental check-ups and gap-free treatment.
I like their dental clinics in Sydney but here in Canberra they only have 1 center and almost impossible to get a suitable appointment there. it is good that private dental clinics offer gap-free checkups.
Claimed a few times for ambulance and glasses, everything was done quick and easy.

their phone app is a disaster! never can logging from my phone for months. it just keeps asking me to log in again and again.

Matty

Matty

Recommendations from Sales Staff Not So great however GREAT Follow up Service

I recently came to realise I was not covered for my gym membership. For some reason, I was under the impression that I was.
When I asked questions regarding the processes to make a claim I was told I was not covered.
NIB customer service team was fantastic in providing me with the info I needed and helping me find a satisfactory resolution.

Claim MadeYes

Hi Matty,
Thank you for your reply. I am glad that we were able to assist you with your enquiry and if you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind regards,
Michelle

Chierag

ChieragGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great customer service

Nib customer service is good and ready to help you. I was charged extra fees for a dental treatment because I was misinformed by one of the representative so the next time I called the manager happily credited back the extra amount and adjusted that into my premium. As a result it restores my faith into the company and I’m thinking of going for another product with them soon.
Both me and my wife have nib cover and we are happy with them. I think it’s customers duty to be informed before going for medical treatments to be better informed.

JaggyJJ

JaggyJJSouth East Queensland, QLD

Let's be fair

I've been a member for quite a few years and have never had an issue with NiB.
I recently needed clarification on the Govt initiated changes and the Call Centre couldn't be more helpful (as frustrating as my enquiry must have been). They really went over and above.

My 4 stars rating is the result of reading the "exclusions" with their Travel Insurance. It appears that nearly everything is excluded! If I'm drinking on holidays, any medical issue is excluded. If I'm walking around the block, in sports shoes, I better have an "optional" package. This troubles me as I want to be able to enjoy myself and know I'm covered. I also want to be loyal to NIB, as every other experience I've had, has been so positive.

Angela K

Angela KPerth

So Far, So Good

Carolyn

CarolynGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

So far, so good!

We have been with NIB for a few years now and have used the NIB dental centre for our 6month scale and cleans for the whole family (no out of pocket at all), plus we often use optical. We’ve never had to claim anything serious thankfully but I wanted to give a positive review because in comparison to my other insurance policies for home, contents and car insurance, a company like NIB actually stands by their policy unlike other organisations who do and say anything to get out of paying valid claims. Well done NIB!

Margie 51

Margie 51Victoria

Excellent service

I was recently looking for new health insurance for our stage of life as a couple...I thought I had found the perfect policy and signed up to change over from our present one....then ir ead our email which said we were paying what I thought was a monthly amount was actually a fortnightly amount. I had not read things properly and just saw the instalments amount....I did a quick panic as I had already approved the credit card payments each month. I called NIB and explained and was put onto a lovely man who calmed me down and arranged to revert the application as though I hadn't applied for it. He was so helpful it made me wish theirs was cheaper than what we have so I could deal with them more...

Insurance claim madeNo

Just switched from Medibank due to price increase

I've yet to actually claim on my cover.
I'm believing that the Medibank to nib transfer will go smoothly.
Staff in offices are a bit hit and miss with their knowledge and attitude

Great Dental service and clinic

NIB dental clinic staff are very professional, and the service is really good. NIB premium is not the cheapest in the market, and you only 50% back, but I never had any problem in making a claim for Extras

Chris

ChrisPerth, WA

Great customer service!

We are very new to NIB and have not had the opportunity to use the NIB dental and eye centres. But overall NIB have been great so far, helpful and explain things clearly. We are very happy with the level of cover and rebates received, in particular for physiotherapy.

100% Reassurance During One of Life's Difficulties

LJ238a

LJ238amelbourne

Good to loyal customers

I was impressed with not only the quick turn around with my callback enquiries as well as my emails, but the excellent customer service to assist in reviewing my needs. Knowledgeable in asking the right questions to source information from me, and understanding in regards of my personal situation. Really great to deal with!

nib health funds h.nib

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback - we certainly appreciate it! If there's anything further we can assist with please let me know. Thanks, Kyla

Aline

AlineSydney, NSW

Consistent, Efficient and Easy

nib health funds h.nib

Hi Aline, it's great to hear that you're happy with our products and service. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. I hope you have a wonderful day. Thanks, Kyla

Baz

BazAdelaide

No problems with NIB

I have been with NIB since 1994 and in that time have had 2 x ACL reconstructions, significant amount of chiropractic, regular optical and most recently a kidney stone. I have found NIB easy to deal with and also received good advice from their staff in regards to querying service providers as to how much they charge above the fee as scheduled by the Government in order to make an informed decision before committing to use a service. Claims have always been payed promptly. Only negative is no NIB office in Adelaide.

nib health funds h.nib

Hi, thank you for taking the time to provide your great feedback. If there's anything else we can assist with please let me know. Thanks, Kyla

Donna L

Donna L

Best call centre help

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff, very understanding attitude. The person who helped me gave very accurate and sound advice. The follow up email with more information came within 2 minutes.

nib health funds h.nib

Hi Donna, thanks for your kind feedback. If there's anything further we can assist with please let us know. Thanks, Kyla

Peter75

Peter75AU

Great Speedy Service

Great service, did not need to wait on hold to speak to a real person. The website was very easy to use, as I signed up through the site.

nib health funds h.nib

Hi Peter, thanks so much for your great feedback. If we can do anything further to assist please let me know. Thanks, Kyla

Ian BurrellSydney

So far so good

I recently changed health funds from HCF to NIB , the main reason is the inflexibility I found with not being able to have a policy with cover I don't need. Nib was able to provide the cover I needed also at nearly one hundred a month better off . The dental clinics at HCF are now employing hygienists instead of dentists so I was concerned of cost cutting sacrificing patient care. If this is an indication of patient care be careful go see your local Dentist.

Ian Burrell

Specsavers cost me an additional Eighty dollars when I normally pay zero with HCF please explain.

Peter

PeterSydney

A good service for OSHC students

Hassle free

I rarely fill in surveys let alone write a review on products, but I thought I write this one because it's worth it! I find NIB value for money, easy hassle free claim back process, the customer service over the phone is helpful and I like the app! Though I wish there is a better couples combined extras only cover. My husband and I wish to combine our covers and bring him over to NIB but when we did the maths, there is no real savings. The price is my cover now x 2. I thought there might be like 20% off or something, similar with other insurances.
Hassle free claim
No apparent savings on couples extras only cover

Veronica Lambie

Veronica LambieNew South Wales

Love the freedom of choice.

I cant say enough about personal assistance in this age of electronics. Knowing there is a NIB shop in town make's life easy. I had an emergency appointment at the dentist and still had time to get my money back that day. It was very enlightening no stress just what you need.
So easy no stress.
nil

Customer

Customerasked

Frances
Frances

I have never had a problem give them a call and sort it out that way they are very helpful

Paul

Paul asked

I’m on work Visa, I've been with nib for 4 years. Does NIB cover surgical or liposuction lipoma removal.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your question Paul, We have sent a response to your inbox.

Please contact our nib International Working & Visitors Cover team (OVHC) to discuss your cover on Phone: 1800 775 204, Email: nibovhc@nib.com.au, webpage: www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors. Our International Businesses teams are available 8:30am to 6pm weekdays (AEST).

Kind Regards, Richard.

Andrea K.

Andrea K.asked

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and underwent a double mastectomy and reconstruction through the private system  as we had health insurance through your fund and were of the understanding that we were covered for this.   That was until we tried to make a claim. Did you not only decline this claim for the surgery you also declined the hospital stay.
This has put additional stress on my family and myself for which we do not and did not need. Thanks to you we have been left out of pocket by $30 000.  We always knew there would be out of pocket expenses but for your company to simply decline everything is just callous and wrong. We always paid our premiums on time and you did not seem to have a problem taking our money for that, but once we tried to claim fo something that was life saving we come up against a big red stop sign from you.
You have left us broken and struggling when we were once just a normal family living a good life. This year has already been tough enough due to COVID19.
Let me tell you about myself, I was 49, no direct family history of breast cancer, i have 2 teenage children and a husband who would do anything for our family.  This diagnosis turned myself and my family upside down.
I have been staying behind the scenes while my husband has been trying to get you to reconsider your decision but the time has come that I can no longer keep silent about this as it is tearing us apart. I am also embarrassed to be put in this situation.
A company such as yours who made a huge profit this financial year and sprout that health insurance should be easy to claim and good value really need to reconsider this statement because there has been nothing easy about this.
I just hope that there are not other people out (your members) there that are facing the same situation as us.
I would welcome you to contact me but I doubt that will happen and I know this post will probably be deleted.  I feel people need to know how you treat your members while your CEO pays himself a nice tidy bonus while we are left struggling to now make ends meet.
All we ask for is a fair go, not too much to ask for .

See all NIB Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and nib representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance