NIB Health Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (5)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (7) · No (0)

FrancesSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service

Yes good value had a couple of operations in the last two years , all I had to pay was my chosen excess, everything was sorted between hospital and nib ,we have been with this company for seven years ,never a hitch .

How do I pm you

Lovely staff

Lovely friendly staff happy to help me out of an unusual situation - really prompt and explained everything thoroughly. Couldn’t have asked for a more perfect phone call experience the last couple of times I’ve rang. Thanks Caz and Luke!

Claim MadeNo
Golden years

Golden yearsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First class health insurer

We have had claims in past 12 months of more than $20000 and experienced great service, benefits paid at good level, premium reasonable and very good App and phone service.

nibnib

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your claiming and customer service experience. We appreciate your loyalty and we're here to help. Cheers, Amanda.

D.Simmons

D.SimmonsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic customer service

nibnib

Hello D, Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive feedback, it's good to know we are continuing to meet the service expectations of our customers. We hope you are doing well. Warm regards Vicki

Excellent customer service

I have just switched over to another fund from Nib. I was with you for 21 years and I must say you have the best customer service ever.. Well done

Claim MadeYes
nibnib

Thank you for your review, We are sorry to hear that you have left us. We would welcome any feedback. If you need anything further please reach out on 13 14 63. All the best. Regards Maria

Life saver insurance

Hi everyone,i read all comments but i am not agree with all ,That is my personal experience,I was in life threatening condition ,Nib saved me ,they are still saving me ,life concern is too big for everyone ,guys commenting and giving bad reviews on that small things as compared to my issue ....Nothing is important then your life guys ...Don’t judge them on basis of technical issues and lateness of claims ...I know it’s frustrating but definitely they will not push you do anything...i think patience is best options ...there are ways to solve problems...but anyway thanks to NIB ...so solute to your serving...thanks

nibnib

Hi Harpreet, Thank you for taking the time to pass on your feedback and kind words! I hope all is going well and your on your way to recovery, Take care. Kind Regards, Emma

Ad

Really happy with the service

Staff is always very helpful and patient, I am very happy with their services and have recommend their services for a few friends.

I have been with NIB for around 5 years.

nibnib

Hey Carolina, thank you for taking the time to pass on your kind words! Your loyalty to us is well and truly appreciated!

Shane Powell

Shane PowellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Being with NIB is so easy!

We've been with NIB for ages, but I've just recently started using their iPhone app. It allows me to understand my cover, including how much of each I have used up of each of my Extras (dental, physio, etc) which I love. The best feature is the ability to simply take a photo of a receipt and submit via the app. The whole experience is so easy, simply awesome! I think its the experience that makes a difference, and NIB have nailed it.

Hi Shane,
Thank you for your kind words. It is not always that a business receives good feedback and we truly appreciate it.
Have a great day!
Vicki :)

Brunette_Rhyme

Brunette_RhymeHunter Region, NSW

Just what you need

drew

drewHunter Region, NSW

awesome cover at a reasonable price

easy to set up and claim through the app. payments made quickly and no hassles 12 months. the staff couldn't be more helpful when I have had to deal with them

VIRAJ N.

VIRAJ N.Perth, WA

Value for money

cheaper compared to others. You will get service for what you paid for. Was very easy to set up and claim lodging options are good. Will definitely recommend to people looking for cheaper option.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best way to claim health insurance

I purchased a card so I can make a claim on the card when I go to see my Dentist every 6 months since it saves me heaps of money.

Tane W

Tane WSouth East Queensland, QLD

Straight forward & up-front

N.I.B. have given me quality, reliable, fast claims processing and service for 4 years. I have recently combined my insurance completely with NIB and lowered my costs by $50.

I'm very happy with the value for money and the fact I put a claim forward and have it almost immediately approved (usually within 24 hours). Especially with my extras cover - mostly done on-site on the day of the treatment.

Particularly easy to setup with the call-centre. The team are very up-front with the information needed and what premiums and services will be made available to you.

Amy

Amy

Brilliant Health Fund

Amazing value, service is second to non and the services consultants made sure the policy I have is the best for my family!

Insurance claim madeYes

Great cover and amazing customer service

Firstly, the customer service I have received has been amazing. Polite and understanding staff who actually care. Have paid thousands over my lifetime for health insurance but nib has made everything easy and affordable. I was shocked with price.
I have claimed on my extras and because I can see who I want, I get the full 60% back.
Highly recommend them.

Guy

GuySouth East Queensland, QLD

Never had a problem claiming for hospital, fixed 60% on extras is great, claiming is too easy, custo

I had a $5,000 day hospital operation to remove a skin cancer off my face and paid only the $500 excess, pathology included.
For extras, NIB invented simple claiming. Upload the receipt and it's done. Money arrives in my account within 5 days. Knowing you'll always get 60% back on any extras claim is valuable to me. Other providers seem to have to complicate everything with itemised schedules. Being able to call the service desk outside work hours is also important to me. I am surprised at some of the negative reviews as I have always been totally satisfied with my experience.

Chris P

Chris PSydney

Super easy to claim

I have been using NIB for over a year and I have found it the easiest insurer I have ever worked with to claim. Upload the receipt, instant confirmation, and then I get the funds over quite quickly. They have taken the pain out of submitting so that you can do it quickly in between tasks- instead of having to schedule time to fight with an online system like other insurers have. Great work- couldn't be happier.

OAUW

OAUWVIC

great extras benefits

i like how easy NIB is to use and the 60% back on extras haven't needed to use hospital cover but friends have also recommended NIB who have used hospital cover.
The people i have sapoken to on the phone are very helpful and its such good value for money!

Ron

RonSydney

Happy with NIB

Customer Service I received was really good, every time I called they were very helpful to help me out with all my questions. Both of the girls who helped me were really good. So well done to both of the customer service girls for helping me out. I am now only paying for things I use with the Extras rather then paying for things I didn't use with my other provider. The cost with NIB is less as well but getting better value.

Insurance claim madeNo

Great so far :)

As I have only just joined nib, I haven't had a chance to claim anything yet due to the waiting periods, but just the helpfulness of staff during the welcome call, finding the relevant information online, plus the ease of the app and just everything in general compared to other insurance companies, I have already been recommending nib to friends because it definitely meets and exceeds my needs for insurance and peace of mind.

Insurance claim madeNo

Customer

Customerasked

Frances

I have never had a problem give them a call and sort it out that way they are very helpful

Paul

Paul asked

I’m on work Visa, I've been with nib for 4 years. Does NIB cover surgical or liposuction lipoma removal.

Hello Paul,
Thank you for your question Paul, We have sent a response to your inbox.

Please contact our nib International Working & Visitors Cover team (OVHC) to discuss your cover on Phone: 1800 775 204, Email: nibovhc@nib.com.au, webpage: www.nib.com.au/overseas-working-visitors. Our International Businesses teams are available 8:30am to 6pm weekdays (AEST).

Kind Regards, Richard.

Andrea K.

Andrea K.asked

I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and underwent a double mastectomy and reconstruction through the private system  as we had health insurance through your fund and were of the understanding that we were covered for this.   That was until we tried to make a claim. Did you not only decline this claim for the surgery you also declined the hospital stay.
This has put additional stress on my family and myself for which we do not and did not need. Thanks to you we have been left out of pocket by $30 000.  We always knew there would be out of pocket expenses but for your company to simply decline everything is just callous and wrong. We always paid our premiums on time and you did not seem to have a problem taking our money for that, but once we tried to claim fo something that was life saving we come up against a big red stop sign from you.
You have left us broken and struggling when we were once just a normal family living a good life. This year has already been tough enough due to COVID19.
Let me tell you about myself, I was 49, no direct family history of breast cancer, i have 2 teenage children and a husband who would do anything for our family.  This diagnosis turned myself and my family upside down.
I have been staying behind the scenes while my husband has been trying to get you to reconsider your decision but the time has come that I can no longer keep silent about this as it is tearing us apart. I am also embarrassed to be put in this situation.
A company such as yours who made a huge profit this financial year and sprout that health insurance should be easy to claim and good value really need to reconsider this statement because there has been nothing easy about this.
I just hope that there are not other people out (your members) there that are facing the same situation as us.
I would welcome you to contact me but I doubt that will happen and I know this post will probably be deleted.  I feel people need to know how you treat your members while your CEO pays himself a nice tidy bonus while we are left struggling to now make ends meet.
All we ask for is a fair go, not too much to ask for .

See all NIB Health Insurance questions

Get an answer from our members and nib representatives

CategoryHealth Insurance