Nicabate Lozenges

Nicabate Lozenges

See the Best Smoking Deterrents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

robroyw

robroywGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not smoking for last three years - can't get off lozenges.

Stopped smoking 3 years ago after hypnotherapy and valium, now addicted to the 4mg lozenges - up to 20 a day. Certainly happy to live without cigarettes, but I get nasty, painful heart palpitations after 2 or three lozenges - and still can't stop.

Purchased in January 2017 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Lance

LanceSydney, NSW

You cant even open the packaging

I decided to give this a go ( 4mg Nicorette gum ). It says "peel here". If you don't have long, sharp fingernails, you will sit there frustrated trying to open the package.

The gum does work, but the frustration that comes with opening just one piece of gum is unbelievable.

Purchased in October 2019 at Woolworths for $28.00.

Sagar

SagarDarwin, NT

Tastes like Chewing Tobacco

I have chewed tobacco once or twice and this chewing gum tastes and feels like I am chewing tobacco, makes my throat sore and heart heavy... Better to smoke.

RoguieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute perfect for me

Addictive, where are they

Great product, hiccups at the start, but stopped smoking straight away. I sarted cutting down as per instructions, but could not seem to stop.
Some eightbyears later, still going, and now missing out due to some recall, here is their link about it
Not sure I blv thevreasons given though.
Stopped smoking, gave me the same feel as having a smoke, could have a niccy while I worked
Addictive, short breath, not cheap.

W84ME
W84ME

I hate mint

I have been using nicabates. But can not buy lozenges now without mint! I hate mint. I have tried all the other brands but the ones I have found that worked were the mintless4's larger lozenge'. Now I can't get them. Started smoking again! I want 2 have the choice again!
I just found them so helpful 2 me. I am not sure what 2 do now that they r gone.

Bergo
Bergo

Yes the large non mint lozenges have disappeared from the shelves. I hate mint and chewing gum

Bearlythere
Bearlythere

So with you bergo and nicky. I complained and they told me they have a problem with their manufacturing process. My pharmacist told me they're withholding them in order to push a different product. Who do you believe?

Bad

good if you want to quit smoking, but just as adicitive as smoking and you really dont feel much better for taking them
quit smoking no problem at all.
i keep getting really bad ulcers in my mouth, i feel sick most of the time and i have been hooked on these for over a year now, i would go back to smokes but i dont want to set a bad example for my daughter. my doctor says its better than smoking but if they havent done any long term tests on these, whos to say they are not worse than smokes.... i really need to find something to get me off these tablets

ellsyd
ellsyd

stu7965

stu7965

Good

excellent product would have rated them 5 if they were not so addictive but far better than smoking, Now got clean lungs but no teeth he he he
great worked from day 1 not had a smoke for 5 years
very addictive , been on them since i started years ago

They are easy to use,I just pop a few out and stick them in my pocket.I take three or four to work with me to last the day.
A good method for quitting smoking addiction.
They are not inexpensive.

Bad

The only good thing is I don't inhale smoke and I don't smell of nicotine and neither does my home but I am always broke now because of the cost of these things.
The only good thing is I am now cigarette free after 47years of smoking 50 a day
vet expensive, addictive and I am now three years and still need these things.With out them I have awful panic attacks

julia5050
julia5050

jandowd

jandowdqld, 4160

Terrible

Would not recommend this product especially if you have stomach complaints, I personally found them to give me stomach upset and loads of burping. Price wise expensive and fowl tasting. would rather keep smoking
nothing at all
The taste was disgusting, it made me physically feel sick. They were expensive and I couldn't take them.

Bolwell

"fowl tasting". You must have bought the chicken flavoured ones, try mint flavour next time. Perhaps you meant foul tasting?

Bolwell

See what happens when you try and be smart.

HD2534

HD2534

OK

paul
paul

agatha

agatha

am breathing much better, lozenges cost a lot less than smokes. i feel the lozenges are better than patches because if you have a patch on and feel like a smoke, there is nothing you can do about it, so you have more control with lozenges. they are better than the gum too, which gave me indegestion.
much better than the patches which gave me welts on my skin. the mint taste is ok. havent tried the others.
some days i feel like having more lozenges than other days, but the same could be said for cigarettes i suppose.

Good

If you want to quit ciggarettes then I strongly reccommend these lozenges - HOWEVER, you will become more addicted to nicotine - if this is not a problem for you then start taking them now!
They take away your cravings within minutes - need i say more!
You will become addicted!! I have been taking these lozenges for more than a year and over the past few mmonths I have noticed that I need to take more and more of these lozenges (vertually one after an another) - now I need another resolution to get off them!

sarsparilla

sarsparilla

OK

I had some positive effects from trying these out. My sinuses felt clearer and I felt that I was breathing better and had more energy. My throat would sometimes burn because I think they were too strong even on 4 mg. When I tried to cut down I was just using more.
They are probably a better health alternative than smoking but are not at all easy to give up.
Don't particularly like the taste, they are very strong. When I first started them I had a bit of a sore throat and although it went away it reoccurred. Don't really provide any financial inspiration to quit.

spuds92

spuds92

Bad

They stopped me from smoking and taking in all the additives real cigarettes have but they are just as addictive
They got me off cigarettes after smoking 50 a day for 47 years. Worked straight away
Now I am addicted to them and not only that they have stopped making the 24 pack. Not a happy camper here. It's expensive for pensioners

Good

I am so glad I have given up the ciggies. I wont go back to them, but still feel as though I have failed because I know i am now addicted to the lozengers. Now i need to find a way to give these up. I am going to concentrate on cutting down, and hopefully, one day be free of nicotine.
It has got me off the fags for good. I no longer crave a ciggie..You do get used to the taste and compared to the taste of a ciggie..its really nothing
I am now addicted to lozengers. I am trying to cut down, but if I dont have a lozenger or two handy i panic, like i did if i was low on ciggies..

filjen

filjen

Good

I was addicted to lozenges for over 5 years and only recently I thought how ridiculous it was that I was still taking them. I ran out of lozenges, but did have some Nicabate gum in the cupboard, I used this instead, ran out and now have ordinary chewing gum near by when I need it. So I think I can say that I am nicotine free, the first time in probably 40 years. I still feel like a cigarette at times even after 5 years.
A fantastic aid to help quit smoking. Worked a dream for me 5 years ago.
Highly addictive, very expensive, I was addicted for more than 5 years.

Good

Very, very good product. The key is not to chew it as one reviewer has said, you are supposed to leave it in the side of your mouth and move it to the other as it dissolves. This method of quitting allows you to feel more in control, when you feel like a cigarette you pop a lozenge and get the nicotine "hit", you just have to be careful that you don't get hooked on the lozenges! I stayed on the 4mg for about 4 weeks, then dropped to 2mg for 2 or 3 weeks and have been off both for 2 weeks now. I had been a smoker for almost 40 years smoking a packet a day.
Ease of use and availability. Felt in control of cravings.
Chalky taste, sometimes tasted like indigestion tablet.

mundo

mundo

The best option is to use a combination of both lozenges as well as patches. Lozenges only will result in a tired jaw and deter you from using it. Heavy smokers should start on a larger strength and progressively lower the dose. Keep in mind, it normally keeps 4-5 trials before you succesfully quit!
Chew it when you have cravings. Works fast! It can be used in combination with the patches.
It can cause jaw fatigue (that is, tired of chewing)