Nicabate 24 Hour Patches

Nicabate 24 Hour Patches (page 2 of 2)

Bad product

I am struggling enough to give up smoking and am sure you have the worst patches out there. I do everything right but I get to a point during the day that I have the worst cravings and to my amazement the patch has once again fallen off . Have you made a pact with the government to make the brand prescribed by doctors to fall off ?. I have started using another brand and guess what ?it stays on .I will be shouting from the roof tops how bad your product is and will also be telling my doctor about this!

Its won't stick!

I have had no problems with the patches sticking.Use micro pore tape around patch I always did

They just don't stick

I am very disappointed in this product. I have been using about 5 patches a day as opposed to the recommended one patch a day simply because they do not stick well to the skin. I have used other medication in the past that is dispensed through the skin and they all stuck well, so I can't understand why these patches are so poorly designed. Surely it is not a ploy by the company to get me to use more patches, because I will certainly not be buying this brand again. The positive is that while I can keep them on they do reduce cravings, but the frustration caused by them falling off and sticking to my [censored word removed] far outweighs the positive.
They help if you can get them to stick
They don't stick and keep coming off

I agree with you I have just started with batch No: D117095 Expirey 8/2014 Have used 10 in last three days just to get one to stick for a little while. What happened to good stick on. Unhappy. Queensland.I am having the same problem , I'm sure this is done on purpose .I have Changed brands they work . Seems funny the brand the doctors prescribe are the only ones that won't stick ?????? Guess you have your finger in the pie Nicabate ???????

Good

I found having been a very heavy smoker this product was a good one for me. It was an easy step by step system. After tryig numerous attempts to quit i had success with this product on the 21mg patches. I would recommend them to others anytime.
It is an easy system to use. Average cost, No mess & no nasty side effects.
Didn't really have any side effects to speck of. A bit of light headedness to start with but nothing drastic.

OK

Definately worth a try for those without skin sensitivity. I only used them for 1 week, 2 weeks on I have gone from a pack of 30 a day down to 2 packs a week, they broke the obsessive cycle and Im now teaching myself that its 'want' not 'need' and I can do without. Next step to see my doctor about further options - and a bit of moral support!
Definately reduces cravings for cigarettes
As with all patches I find skin irritation occurs. The first week I had an itching and burning sensation which dissappeared after about 30 minutes. By day 7 though within a few hours the skin under the patch became bright red and I had a perfectly patch sized welt on my rib cage, where no patch had been.

Good

This product has helped me to stop smoking and kept me feeling under control and content. It is much better to use these than to go cold turkey. This stops the craving and feelings like you need to smoke. I recommend this product as it has worked for me.
These patches are readily available and are the market leader in stop smoking products. They really help to control the cravings and make quitting smoking a lot easier. They are made by a trusted and reputable brand
They are the most popular and market leader so they are very expensive compared to the less popular nicotine replacement therapy brands.

Terrible

i found them pretty average really in their ability to take the edge off smoking. i had the strongest ones and found that i was taking the patch off regularly to have a smoke. i did this because they say not to smoke while wearing a patch. in the end i had two patchs on against advice but still found it relly hard to quit. also if you leave a patch on overnight you experience some really vivid nightmares that will wake you up through the night, but if you dont wear them overnight you wake up craving nicotine and the patch just doesnt come close to a smoke. all in all i didnt find them a succsessfull aid to strop smoking
made my wallet lighter.
dont domuch at all to help strop smoking really

Bad

i used to smoke and tryed thhis to give it up and i loved the taste so much i was chewing it and smoking at the same time i love the taste as a chewing gum not a stop somkeing gum this is where the price came into it.(sorry)
the taste
the price.

Good

All I can say is smoking is incredibally addictive and I relapsed through no fault of the product but through the lack of a relapse prevention plan. I must say that the extra support (phone counselling)available with this product is substandard. I recieved my first phone call weeks after registering and in total only recieved two brief calls.
Really does take the edge off cravings
You still experience cravings but not maddening cravings. I had to secure product in place with bandaids or the edges detatched. Program ineffective in the long term.

OK

I bought mine at Chemist Warehouse and noticed that they were over $10 cheaper than other brands. Also noticed that the Nicabate range offered more choices making it a lot more affordable to simply try out a product, which was appreciated. For the first few days cravings were minimal but controlled, although this became less effective around the fourth day. It was noted in the leaflet that some people may experience irritation and sugguested that the patch be moved around. I experienced redness and a slight stinging sensation which lasted a whole day despite following these instructions. A few hours after application I would be forced to stick the patch back on with a bandaid because it had lost the ability to stick. This did not seem to effect it's ability to work though. Ultimately after sticking with this product for two weeks I am still a smoker.
Cheaper than other brands, did control cravings
Slight side effects, not sticky enough, ultimately didn't work.

There really is only one word for this product - fantastic. The CQ patches were easy to administer and really took the edge off. It was simple to cut down and quit using these patches and I would recommend them to anyone. The only downside were the vivid dreams and when you first put them on in the morning they itch like crazy. But its worth it, its been over two years now and I'd never go back.
Great product that is easy to use and it really takes the edge off
Wicked dreams, itchy in the first 10 mins in the morning.

Terrible

Ive tried quite a few different patches and lozengers, some work, some dont. The patches fall off and if you dont realise, its money down the drain.
Better than smoking.. will try anything
they dont stick on the skin
Really bad skin reaction

Terrible

It took me a lot of attempts to give up smoking and I did not believe that patches worked based on these being the first ones that I tried. I got a raised red itchy patch on my arm where the patch had been and had trouble with getting them to stay stuck. I think this was caused by the clear design being a harder sort of plastic that doesn't flex well with the skin. I have since had success with the QuitX patches so by comparison I would have to say that these are not as good, despite the fact that they are more expensive.
None. Did not work for me.
Allergic reaction. Had to stick them down with band aids.

OK

i used them for the first 2 weeks or so, i did forget to put one on on many occasions. i found myself to be very very moody and easily agitated, same as i was in the past without any aides at all. but if you can draw a positive vibe from sticking something on your body that the so called experts say will help then go for it, better than no help at all. i have always said that if you really want to give them up, you will. i'm in my 11th month off them now, haven't touched one since the night before my start date. the first month is a shocker, i had drinking sessions, started a new job, father died, all in the first 2 weeks, so after that i figured, if i can get thru those 2 weeks the rest of my life should be a snap. smoked 30-35 wini reds per day for 26 years.
i think it gives you a bit of a mental thing, like mind over matter. so i guess thats something.
personally i think its just a piece of plastic you stick on your arm. it did nothing at all, except the mental edge thing.

Good

i gave up smoking when i was pregnant thay are safe and i started off using some of the less expensive patches and because of my exma i had too change to nicabate as its more gentle and i had no reactions it works
it takes the edge off nicotine craving gives you constant low levels of nicotine during the day and for heavy smokers you can use 24 hour patches
i found that nicabate patches were i bit more expensive that others

Good

I think they are fabulous. I have given up now for 10 months, this is the longest I have ever gone, and I was smoking 40 a day! It is easy, and very cost effective too.
It worked! I found it relatively easy to give up this time, than other methods tried in the past.
I found it difficult to sleep, headaches, and hunger

my overall view on it is that it is helping alot of people give up the horrible habit of smoking thus minimising the death & destruction of our population all over the world and the less adults who smoke the less our youth of the world are gunna want to do it .which is why overall view on nicabatecq is they must of been sent from heaven so save our kids and DON'T SMOKE PLEASE....
the good thing about nicabate cq is that you dont have to go cold turkey anymore that can be very distressing for some people.
it has a few side effects but all is good.

OK

Better than going cold turkey. Give this product a go.
But this product may not be the "miracle" that you are seeking.
But just remember everyone is different.
This product is quick and easy to use, cost effective and alot better than going cold turkey.
Dizziness and vomitting within half an hour of use when beginning the 21mg patch.Cravings are still evident which makes me wonder about the overall effectiveness of the product being a sustained 24hr product.

Good

Most people I have spoken to say that the patches really helped them to quit. And anything that stops you from smoking or steps you towards it has to be great.
No mess, no fuss.
Although you are no longer smoking, you still have nicotine in your system. Psychologically, I found it hard to get my mind off nocotine as I was constantly reminded by the patches.

I have been on the patches for 6 week. I am starting to get pains in my lower back (kidney area). Is this common and what is it doing to me. I don't want to give up the patches as yet because I haven't had a smoke since and think if I stop I will start to crave for on. I have been to my GP and had a test and it came back clear. What should I do?
Hi Ben. I am still using the patches and have not experienced the issue you have mentioned. Check the leaflet if it advises that your experience is a confirmed side effect. The only problem I have is getting them to stick (I used medical tape to hold them in place) and I have had a few minor headaches. No other issues.

Is there any diffrence beetween pre quit patches and the 21 mg or 14mg patch and would it be safer smoking while on 14mg patch rather pre quit if not why can i smoke on pre quit and not others said thanks
Not sure. I was on the 21mg patches and smoked at the same time as I was gradully reducing my smoking. If you smoke too much while on the patches, you can get head aches, so the lower mg the better. I however only smoked half cigarettes at a time while on patches.