Nick Scali Furniture Questions & Answers

4.4 from 8,277 reviews

205 questions from our users

Laura Bakerasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hello, We purchased a Liama 2.55 recliner with USB port, unfortunately the USB does not work. I have pushed the button alongside it but nothing happens. Is there something else I have to do?

Thank-you, awaiting your reply..

Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'd like to have my service team look into your concerns with you. For me to do this, I'd just need your order number or the contact information you provided us at the point of sale. If you don't wish to share sensitive information in a public forum, please send your details to me via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Laura Baker

Thank you for your prompt reply Hayden. I feel embarrassed. I looked further and found it somehow became unplugged underneath the recliner...
I plugged it in and it is working...again thank you

Dilly Dias

Dilly Diasasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Graceland fabric reviews, a family member bought a couch and the fabric is already stretched and creased. The couch is only 2 months old. Wondering if anyone else experienced this?

ray e.

ray e.asked

is the leather used on the sofas real 100% cowhide leather

Hi Ray,

Thank you for reaching out!

We use 100% Leather for all our current Leather Upholstered furniture pieces.

L Netherton

L Nethertonasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hi, we purchased an Avoca suite that was delivered a week ago, unfortunately we are very unhappy with the product, the recliner makes you feel like you are on a stiff board, does not recline in an ergonomic way and has absolutely no lumbar support at all. We are very disappointed and we will be unable to use the lounge, Is there any way we can return this lounge please?

Duck

Research Australian consumer law before you talk to scali, otherwise they will try to dodge their legal obligations and fob you off

Merlin

go back to the store and try the display model again. if it is not representative of the one you took delivery of, then you have a case. as Duck said - talk to Consumer affairs to find out your rights and the stores legal obligations,

Hi L Netherton,

Thank you for reaching out!

As you're aware, I've notified my service team of your concerns for you. Someone from my service team will contact you within 24-48 hours to discuss this further.

Feel free to contact me should you have any further queries or concerns going forward.

falefant

falefantasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Im living in Port Macquarie, how would my warranty work living so far from a store

Merlin

I suggest you read the one star reviews on here.

Hi Falefant,

Thank you for reaching out!

You can contact our service team on 1300 880 370 and follow the prompts to speak with customer service. Our service team will be happy to look into any concerns you may have with your furniture and offer further advice and assistance on how you can address this.

Alternatively, you can reach out to us via feedback@nickscali.com.au so we can have our service team look into this with you.

Irfan Kasked

Hi

I bought a sofa that got delivered yesterday. Unfortunately, it looks too big for the space that we have (of course this is our fault). Wondering if Nick Scali would allow us to change and chose a different one ?

Hi Irfan,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'd recommend having a chat with the team in the showroom you had placed your order in. They'll be happy to contact and discuss the options that may be available to you. Alternatively, if you'd like I can have someone contact and discuss your concern with you. I'd just need your order number or the contact information you provided us at the point of sale to do so. If you don't wish to share sensitive information publicly, please send your details to me via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Thanks for the response

Order number was MP66225

Regards

Heinz H.

Heinz H.asked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hi, if I pay a floor product on special sale just a week ago but a haven't received it jet from the store, can I cancel the buy and ask for a refound of the money I paid?

Hi Heinz,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'm happy to have the team in the showroom you had made this purchase in, contact and discuss this matter with you. I'd just need your order details and the contact information you provided to us at the point of sale.

If you don't wish to share this information publicly, please send your details to me via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Charmain H.

Charmain H.asked

Hi,

we bought a Vela 6 seater corner couch about 7 months ago in Black and 2 of the seats have started peeling at the seams... Can you please advise what my next steps here are?

Regards,
Charmain Hoskin

Duck

Research Australian consumer law first, talk to choice, accc and fair trading, then approach the company.

Otherwise you run the risk of being dismissed for not maintaining your lounge properly, which would be based on nothing concrete

Hi Charmain,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'd like to have my service team look into your concern with you. For me to do this, can you please let me know your order number or the contact information that would have been on your order form? If you don't wish to share sensitive information publicly, please send your details to me via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Lisa

Lisaasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hi there, i bought a couch from Nick Scali about 7 years ago, and I absolutely love it. But with time, it is slowly starting to sag. Is there a service that you can recommend to help with this? I am happy to purchase new cushions etc - just need to know where to start. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please send us an email via feedback@nickscali.com.au so we can assist you with your query?

Janelle Williams

Janelle Williamsasked

Nick Scali Furniture

We have a 3 seater lounge with the footrests on the 2 ends. We would like to dismantle it. Can you please advise if this can be done. Cheers.

Hi Janelle,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please send us an email of your request to feedback@nickscali.com.au so we can assist you in sourcing the assembly instructions of your lounge.

Hi Janelle,

Madonna

Madonnaasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hello, I want to dismantle my corner lounge (the recliner end chair so I may change the handle that has snapped). I have watched videos on how to do it however the foot rest part is unable to be lifted to get under to unscrew the chair off the frame. Could you please help me? Thank you

A Rahman
A Rahman

Hi Madonna, I am not sure how to do that..what lounge you got from Nick Scali? If it is a peace lounge then I know how they have connected them. For any thing else it will be best if you can call Nick Scali. Best of luck.

Hi Madonna,

Thank you for reaching out!

Please email us via feedback@nickscali.com.au so we can assist you with your query.

Ashleigh L.

Ashleigh L.asked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hi I recently brought a light grey lounge and was wounding if applying a coat of scotchguard on the lounge for some extra protection from oily fingers would effect the lounge at all??

Hi Ashleigh,

Thank you for reaching out!

We only recommend the use of our Care accessories to assist with the maintenance and upkeep of your furniture. Any damage caused due to the use of any other product other than what we recommend may void any product warranties. If it helps, you're able to purchase our care products on our website via this link here: https://www.nickscali.com.au/products/shop-online

Andrea G

Andrea Gasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hi, I have a Nick Scali fabric lounge (light grey) which we have had for less than 12 months. Due to 2 dogs that love to lean against it, it has become very dirty in places. The spot cleaner that i received with lounge is not going to work on large areas. Can u advise the best way to do this? Not sure if i should steam clean myself or get a professional to do it? Thanks

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'd recommend contacting our service team on 1300 880 370 and follow the prompts to speak with customer service. Our service team will be happy to look into your concern with you and offer advice and assistance on how you can address this.

Should you have any other queries or concerns going forward, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Jasneet W.asked

NSW, Castle Hill

I purchased Tallin dining and coffee table from Castle hill in January 2019 store and on one day in May 2019 i was sitting on the couch with my feet on coffee table and suddenly the marble broke and corner of coffee table fell off. I believe this is a very usual and common sitting position in a family area. I can clearly see from the broken side that the marble quality underneath the coating is very poor as crystals are easily coming off from it just by rubbing it with hand. This is surely not a good marble. but when I reported this to Nick Scali, The case officer spoke to my very bluntly and rudely as if i don't have any right to complaint about their product. without even physically checking the table, she closed my case with an argument that i used it inappropriately. this is very bad customer service. and if this is the kind of warranty they offer on their products then this warranty is of no use to anyone.

Can someone from nick scali speak to me and listen from my point of view here?

Jasneet

Hi Jasneet,
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles with your coffee table.
As our goods are all custom ordered and built for purpose, I hope you can appreciate that the size and weight of a person's legs are significantly different to what can be expected from crockery and foods.
With that being said, I am happy to have this escalated within the service team to address this with you in a goodwill manner.
To do so I will just need your order number, or the contact info which would have been on your order, to find out more.
Sincerely, Peter

Hi,

I understand your opinion but I am average build with 70kg weight, and the net weight on the table wont be more than 5 kg when i am sitting on the couch. I have been using different other wooden and glass tables in similar fashion before but none of them broke. The problem is the case officer didn't even trusted my view. how can she come to a conclusion without checking the marble quality of my table? I was alarmed about the quality of your marble in very beginning when during the delivery in January the dining table marble was broken despite full proof packing. at that time I thought this was one off poor quality product issue but i was wrong.

There were 2 reasons i choose this marble table - First - Because of your brand name and i trusted in your warranty you care for your customers post sale, Second - i expected marble table to be tougher. Nick scali failed me on both this time. Please look into this. My number is 0447214733. Thanks for reconsidering your decision here.

Regards
Jasneet

Jasneet W.

When are you going to call me??

Atah O.

Atah O.asked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hi, I bought my Nick Scali lounge about two years ago and the leather is beginning to change colour. Is it possible for me to return to Nick Scali to get the leather changed? If yes, how much will it cost me?

Duck

Heya, do some research around Australian consumer law, ACCC and fair trading, before contacting scali. You will find that scali will try and suck you in to some lie that 'body oils' or 'medication' have caused the discoloration and you haven't maintained or cleaned the sofas properly such that they say your warranty is void. Which is nonsense.

On truth the sofa was always going to discolor as it is cheap quality stuff made in China, at a huge profit to scali.

If you can demonstrate that the sofa is not fit for purpose/ is not durable/ if you had known it would fail like this you would not have purchased, as you are a reasonable consumer, then you will be entitled to a refund.

I'd go for a refund as any replacement couch/ repair will only fail again

Good luck

Hi Atah,
Leather changing colour could be due to a number of factors, like whether the lounge is being exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, general maintenance and cleaning or others.
We do not provide reupholstery services, however we are able to recommend a professional upholsterer based on the product you purchased.
Please let me know your order number, or the contact info which would have been on your order, I can then find one for you.
If you do not want to share your sensitive information in a public forum, please email me directly on feedback@nickscali.com.au with the subject: ATTN Peter, Atah O.
Sincerely, Peter

Sean h
Sean h

Hey guys , discolouration can also be caused from the salt in shipping containers, as it dries out the leather in transit to australia, no amount of confitioning will help this if it has happened. If its going white, this is the case. Wd 40 will fix it in the short time for 12 to 18 months

AKAIRA

AKAIRAasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Hi there, how heavy is the round 140cm Levanzo concrete table top please? We are looking at one but your website only shows the dimensions not the weight. Thanks.

Hi Akaira,

Thank you for reaching out!

The Levanzo round dining table weighs approximately 111.5 kg.

Should you have any other queries going forward, please don't hesitate to contact us via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Megan N.asked

Nick Scali Furniture

I’ve had my new couch for less than a month and within a week the fabric had started to pill and look like it was old. I called customer service and was told that I can get go and buy a depilling device and use that. I explained this was not acceptable and have sent photos. After reading the comments here and other issues people have had with pilling on fabric couches I hope that I’m not going to get the run around like them.

Hi Megan,

Thank you for reaching out!

Pilling is a natural characteristic of fabric fibers. This is a common characteristic of fabric where loose/broken fibers between 2 materials intertwine creating pills. To assist with the upkeep of pilling, we recommend the use of a de-pilling machine.

With this being said, I'd appreciate the opportunity to have my Service Manager look into your concern for you to see if there is anything we can do. For me to do this, I'd just need your order number or the contact information that would have been your order form. If you don't wish to share sensitive information in a public forum, please send your details to me via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Megan N.

Some pilling may be acceptable but this is not a resonable amount and I shouldn’t have to spend that much time weekly to do that. Nor was I told this would be an issue with this fabric. I have had other couches with natural fibres in the past and this has never happened. The invoice number is QV55592

Cathy K

Cathy Kasked

Nick Scali Furniture

Just bought a Melinda modular fabric lounge suite. It is very, very firm to the point that it hurts to sit on it even for a short time. Will
It soften & if so how long will it take?

Hi Cathy,

Thank you for reaching out!

Our lounges are custom made for you in your choice of colour and configuration. Once your lounge has been completed with our manufacturer, it is then tightly packaged and shipped into the country to be delivered to you. We usually ask you to allow 3-4 months (depending on frequency of use) to allow the foam to settle on your lounge. Furthermore, we ask you to "wear in" all seats of your lounge to ensure consistency.

I hope this helps, should you have any further queries or concerns going forward, please don't hesitate to contact me via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Rooboy

Rooboyasked

Nick Scali Furniture

How do you return the head rest back to upright position it’s layer back but does not return to upright

Belinda H

Belinda Hasked

Nick Scali Furniture

We just ordered a lounge from the Canberra store and have been told we need to pay the driver $100 cash for delivery. We are not getting this item delivered, we live too far away so are collecting ourselves from the store when it comes in. Why are they charging us to have it delivered to their store ?? Dodgy !

Graeme M
Graeme M

Good question. I believe that the items are despatched from Sydney and delivered to the customer and the driver is paid separately. That cost isn't in the sale price, so presumably if you get it delivered to the shop instead of your home address, you will still be liable for the fee.

Hi Belinda,

Thank you for reaching out!

I'd like to investigate your concern with our Showroom Manager to help identify the reasoning behind your delivery charge. For me to do this, I'd just need your order number or contact information you had provided us at the point of sale. If you don't wish to share sensitive information publicly, please send your details to me via feedback@nickscali.com.au

Get an answer from our members and Nick Scali representatives