Nikon D3200

Nikon D3200

MPNs: 25492 and 33855

Camera good for day time only

This camera I have had it for about more than 1 year now, and it has during this time not performed as advertised. It has been at times been dysfunctional and becomes blurry while on automatic setting. Also I have had to take it back for repair and had been without a camera for about 2-3 months.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Does the job

This was my first DSLR and I have been really impressed. Just about everything that I need it to do, it does. I like the effects where I am able to brighten or darken a photo and it can make something ordinary look quite good. I would certainly purchase Nikon again.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

My lack of understanding didn't help

My lack of understanding about photography meant that I struggled to come to grips with using this camera to its full advantage. Sure I could use the auto mode but the photos were not any better than those I take with my Nikon Coolpix L310 which has served me well for several years.I have since sold the D3200 and bought a Nikon Coolpix P900 which is a much easier camera (for me) to use and is absolutely amazing!

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Excellent entry level DSLR camera

I bought this for my wife for Christmas for $389 (on special) from Harvey Norman.
Couldn't be happier for that price.

The camera takes perfect pictures and has all the settings in a great interface for those wanting to explore the manual options.

On an unrelated note they did try and sell me the store 'extended warranty' which if you don't know is a scam.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Good camera for beginners

The DS3200 is a Good camera for the price. Takes great pictures..We occassionally had some trouble with camera "freezing" it wouldnt focus to tallow photos to be taken. Most dissapointing is NOT gettting an immediate and clear warning that the memory card is not in the camera resulting in finding you thought you were taking beautiful photos only to find they dont exist. Does not store any photos without card but allows you to take photos.
So dissapointing. Looking for a new camera because of this.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

pretty awesome

Just bought my first dslr does well I tell you still learning ...had it for a couple days and is excited lol 24 mp is really good compared to others I've searched bought this on ebay best price I could find.,has many functions and can edit like a smart phone.

Great body

Pro
-easy to use, i mean too easy.
-wifi support with an adapter.
-great apps-csensor / pictures.
-24mp which is still not out dated since the release.
-great pictures with 3rd party lenses (sigma, tamron).

Con
-no battery grip.
-might be too small for some people.
-nikkon lens might be too expensive for some people.

nikon d3200

i have had the d3200 with twin lense kit for about a year now. good quality slr.. happy with the use and functions.. one problem.. pictures. you know how some cameras just take good pictures? this one does not. i admit to being very picky when it comes to photography. i have a friend with a 7 year old entry level canon she only uses in auto mode that i am impressed with every time. the d3200 ticks all the boxes. its easy to use. has all the right numbers on paper.. it takes ok photos. even good.. just not great. just my humble opinion.

be careful if like me you looked at the example pics on the www and were persuaded. check out a forum site for real user example pics. even better. after purchase i learned you can hire cameras from stores prior to purchase. i will be doing this the next time i buy.

Great

I have had it for about a year now and I am still learning it all, but even then, it does take a nice photo. Although I am not a photographer, I did buy it for work, so I did a short photography course just to learn the basics and that really helped. I don't just want to use it on the manual setting.
It came with 2 size lenses which are great, depending on what you are shooting. The only thing I wish it also came with was a spare battery. Apart from that it's great, I love it!!
Great clarity, fairly easy to use.
Needs a second spare battery

Fantastic Camera

My wife and I bought this camera for Christmas as a two lens kit, we where torn between Canon and the Nikon, the Nikon has 24 pixels and the Canon only 12, the Nikon also seems a little easier to use, great picture quality, the camera has internal special effects, you can change your photos over to a cartoon, black and white, sepia, etching, just one color, etc, it has manual control, the auto system is very effective, battery life is good, extremely happy with the unit, buying a few more bits for it, just overall an excellent entry model DSLR, also there is a Nikon website that explains every detail and how to use the camera, very professional.
Picture quality, the design, camera software.

Very good camera

Takes fantastic pictures and it's very fast compared to my old olympus E-10. excellent viewfinder and the LCD display is Fantastic. Got mine with the two kit lenses as they are enough as i am only a beginer. AF very fast. Excellent camera to begin with and will give lots of fun with it's many features to explore.
Speed, battery life and great resolution with the new sensor.
Havent found any yet

why does it say 'out of memory' when there are no photos stored at all! What can be done please?

Why is there no load up disc for my new camera it was purchased today so Im am at lost on how to load it onto my computer
As long as you have the cord you should be able to load your photos to your computer without a disk. Otherwise try the Nikon website as most places have software downloads now instead of disks.Thanks I will sure give that a try

D3200
Wi-FiNo
Release dateApr 2012
Replaced byNikon D3300

Visit official website - Download manual
  • GTIN12: 018208254927, 018208925063, 182082549278, 182089250634, 845251040227, 845251040265 and 845251044973
  • MPN: 25492 and 33855