Nikon D3400

Nikon D3400

MPNs: 791490 and KHNIKD340018300TW
See the Best DSLR Cameras in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nikon? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.4
Allan
AllanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent cameras, love it.

Love the size of the camera and the quality of the pictures. It is not heavy and easy to carry around especially while travelling. We have the option to download to download SnapBridge to your smartphone which connects with the Nikon camera and it is easy to download the photos onto your phone within minutes. Highly recommend this camera for the affordable price.

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $483.00.

Manny
MannyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Click perfection

Small and compact DSLR with the power of a full sized unit, fairly easy to use and an affordable accessory range that won't break the budget. The Nikon D3400 has everything you need to make good pictures amazing. High res movie and pictures, quick and simple lens changes, a wide range of settings and easily programmable. A perfect entry lever DSLR.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Other DSLR Cameras

JimWarranwood

Excellent purchase

Bought this with 18-55mm lens kit at Good Guys over a year ago. Great all round camera. Bought it because I am an amateur astronomer and it was recommended on astro-photography websites. I have a 127mm Maksutov Cassegrain telescope and attach the camera via a T-ring Nikon adapter for prime-focus DSLR photos. Ie the telescope is actually the camera lens. Excellent photos of moon including recent lunar eclipse.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
RWA
RWAPerth

Great image quality. Super lightweight.

My new favourite dslr. As good as my D7200 and nearly half the weight. Perfect for travelling, no compromise on iq. Full control over imaging and basic in camera RAW manipulation. Purchased at JB hifi. Incredible vfm and 100 buck store card with purchase. There is no need to go mirror less with cameras like this around and at considerably less cost.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
DSLR Cameras

Find out how Nikon D3400 compares to other DSLR Cameras

Dave F
Dave FSydney

Good lightweight camera

This is my third dslr.
I love the feel of this thing. It's not too heavy. The processor seems quick enough. I spoke with a photography guru that advised this is really the highest camera I need. Spend more money and the more expensive cameras are too high in resolution. Plus the weigh heaps more.
The snap dragon sending photos to my phone actually works really well.
Love it

Date PurchasedOct 2017
AmieJK
AmieJKSouth Australia

The perfect Nikon for the beginner or advanced

I'd been wanting a Nikon since I was a young photographer with a black and white film camera. I bought this Nikon with the 18-55mm lens kit from JB HiFI and I've been so impressed with the functionality, ease of use and high quality photos. You can sync the camera with SnapBridge, which downloads your photos automatically to the app, then allows editing. The menu functions are clear and you can choose to be walked through steps or go it alone. I absolutely love this camera, so glad I took the plunge!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
christine_e
christine_e

Good value camera for beginners

I bought this 24 megapixel camera with a 18-55mm lens kit included at a very good price on sale at Good Guys, it is very easy to use and produces great quality photos. I have since purchased a 55-200mm lens which allows me to zoom in and take great pics. There is an app (SnapBridge) which you can install on your smartphone and the camera can send pics to your phone via bluetooth, this is great if you want to upload a photo to facebook right away. I am very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Trisha
TrishaSydney

Wonderful camera

I love this camera. The picture quality is outstanding and it is just so easy to use.
It makes me feel like a professional. The two lenses give me so much scope for all kinds of scenarios. I am looking forward to buying some filters and really experiment. I couldn't be happier.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Other DSLR Cameras

Anne H
Anne Hasked

Does this have a sensor cleaning action and does it need a special lens for it to work?

Jim

The D3400 does not have automatic sensor cleaning like the more expensive Nikon DSLR models. But sensors can be cleaned manually using an air bulb or lens brush using the 'lock up mirror for cleaning' option. You actually clean the protective film which covers the sensor, not the sensor itself, so you cannot damage the sensor. You can check for sensor dust by taking a hi-res photo of a completely white background ( eg a sheet of paper). Sensor dust is indicated by spots in the photo. Don't waste time cleaning if you don't see any spots. Of course prevention is better than cure so always ensure you have a lens or lens cover in place to prevent dust from entering, and avoid changing lenses in a dusty environment,

Kanwal Purewal
Kanwal Purewal

No it's not having these facilities.

CategoryDSLR Cameras