Nissan 370Z Z34

Nissan 370Z Z34

Coupe (2009-2019) and Roadster

See the Best Sports Cars in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect all round

I've had this car for a couple of years now. I bought it near new with only about 20000ks on the clock. I haven't had any problems so far and find it very reasonable to maintain price wise for such an amazing car. The drive is awesome, super quick, sticks to the road and has a fantastic sound system. Very sporty and definitely recommend and you want to lift your status

Purchased in February 2017 at Westpoint for $42,500.00.

Noise Level
Interior Design
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Back in another Z and couldn't be happier

Well, I just couldn't keep away from the Z. I bought another one a year after selling the old one. This one is the 2013 version. Slightly different dash, twin oil coolers and not a lot else. The sat nav is upgradeable on this model. Not so the 2010. I bought a Magma Red car this time. I love the colour. It's very classy.
These cars are not speed machines, but they are quick enough for most people.
I was fortunate enough to take a z with an Armytrix catback on it for a drive and holy snapping duck turds, did this thing move! Or, maybe it just sounded like it moved. It sure sounded nice, and I am tempted to get one.

This is not really a sport's car. I would call it a classy GT, a Grand Tourer, with sporting pretensions.
That's not being harsh on the car, but I think that is where it fits in the best.

Do I love it? I sure do! This one's a keeper!

Purchased in February 2019 at private seller for $27,000.00.

Noise Level
Boot Size
Features
Comfort

Love My Z

This was my first Z. I wanted a car that had plenty of torque and was fun to drive. The Z was this in spades. It hugs corners at speed and the acceleration is amazing. I always fell like I am hopping into the cockpit of a fighter jet (especially at night as the orange accents on all dials etc all light up) The seat is extremely comfortable. This design and engine has been established for years now and all of the bugs/glitches have well and truly been solved meaning I could relax and enjoy my purchase. The Z is fine on the petrol, similar to my Mitzi Outlander I was running previously. Obviously if you drive it hard ( and it is exceedingly difficult not to occasionally let it out of its cage, as it is exhilarating) petrol consumption goes up a little.
Overall a truly wonderful car which brings me much enjoyment.

TransmissionAutomatic
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Finally found a car I really, really enjoy driving

When I sold my beloved twin turbo RX7 FD, I pined and pined for so long, my hands were tired from pining, and anyway, I was running out of trees to pine. Years went by. I drove mundane car after mundane car. And then, one day, we went to the car dealership and sat in a brand new 370z. Gorgeous, and that new car smell hits you like a lotto windfall. My wife, who sat in the car with me, agreed that it was very nice. But we couldn't afford the 65 grand that they were selling for, so I settled on driving around in...in fact, I can't even remember what I used to drive around it, because it was so forgettable. I think it must have been an old XH Falcon van that I used as a parts chaser while I worked on my 1954 F100 pickup truck (another regrettable sale).
And when I sold my beautiful old truck, I started looking around for something nice to drive once more. I knew exactly what I was looking for. A 370z. I bypassed the 350z as I think it is starting to show its age a bit, and next to the 370z, well, let's be honest, it definitely looks dated. Plus, it's slower. And I was never a fan of that plain looking rear end and those long angled rear tail lights. But, hey, this is a review about the 370z.

I have never owned a z car before, but I have very vivid memories of taking a 240z for a test drive way back in the early 1980's. This red with a black roofed 240z had just been traded in and was up the back of Giddings' car dealership in Moss Vale. I rocked up. Asked how much. The salesman said "about three grand." In 1980, that was a fair bit of cash. But not a massive lot. I asked if I could take it for a drive and he said "sure, no worries." He added. "Don't flog it, because we don't know much about it."
Well, I don't think I flogged it, but I gave it a spirited drive and...well, let me just say I have never forgotten the experience. It was the most fun I have ever had in a car. (Except for that time me and my girlfriend at the time went parking in a quiet spot up Macquarie Pass some years later, but I digress...) This car had a 280c engine; twin webbers and went like a rocket!

Years later, when I started spiritedly driving my RX7, I thought back to those times I drove that little Z. (I never bought it, by the way- never had the money) and I don't think my rotary powered beast would have caught that Datsun, to be honest. It was just so fast.

So, let's fast forward to 2017. I have just sold my truck and am looking for a z car. I still love the old classic 240z's, but the amount of money people are asking for them is just stupidly ridiculous. I have seen them for 40 grand. Uh, forget it. So, I went looking for a modern version.

I took one for a drive a few months ago. 2010 model. 65k on the clock. Reasonably good condition. Went very well, but the price was a bit more than I wanted to pay, and he wouldn't come down much. Fair enough. Driving away disappointed, I settled on an immaculate Toyota 86 GT. 34k on the clock and just stunning paint and perfect everything. Just a gorgeous car. A week later I sold it and went back to the Nissan as the little Toyota, though a very pretty car, just seemed like a cheap toy compared to the Nissan, which was a vastly superior car in fit and finish and, well, just better EVERYTHING. The Toyota had a spirited engine and amazing handling, but the interior was bland, the stereo sounded like cheap junk. The trim was cheap plastic. Plastic everywhere. The engine sounded anemic, the acceleration was very good, but once you start driving it, you get to understand its limitations very quickly. So I went back and bought the Nissan.

And do you know what? I just love it! It is everything I wanted in a car. It has power and prestige. Great street cred, and gorgeous looks. Beautifully appointed interior with aluminium accents. A magnificent Bose stereo and seats you just melt in. Performance? Yeah, well, it could be quicker, but it's not bad. As quick as my RX7? Hmmm, probably not, because I had that little rotary singing sweetly before I sold it. (And the guy wrote it off a year later, I understand). Compared to the 86, the 370z is a heavy lump. At low speed the steering is heavy, the gearshift is heavy and a tad clunky. But I like that. I like how you need to work at it a bit to keep it on the road. It makes you feel like you are DRIVING the car. And on the highway? Well, this car just runs so beautifully. Hills, even mountains, are effortless.

People say it's a bouncy car, but it never struck me as bouncy. People also say there is a lot of road noise in the car. Well, you do hear just about every little pebble the tyres pick up and toss into your mudgard, but it really isn't too bad at all. You cannot even hear the engine when it is running. Now, some people might think that a quiet engine is a feature, but not me. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the quietness of the engine. Jesus, this is a sport's car! It's supposed to be loud, isn't it? Hell yes. So that is why the first thing I will be doing to it is fitting up a decent aftermarket catback system. And my choice? Well, I have heard a lot of sound clips on YouTube and the one that sends the hairs on the back of my neck tinglings are the Armytrix and the GTHaus systems, and since nobody is selling a second hand Armytrix (new ones are like, five grand dude- same as new GTHaus), I settled on a nice used GTHaus unit. Yet to be installed. And once it is under that car, well, you know I am just gonna love her a little bit more (yeah, eat your heart out Dr Hook).

This is a great car. Do you get what I am saying? Goes hard, looks great, good on fuel. A total crap to see out of (but doesn't that mean this car must be a supercar? Isn't that a criteria for being a supercar? Something you cannot see out of, like a Lambo, for instance? ) I have always loved big fat curves, big rear fenders, and this girl doesn't disappoint. The rear is packed with massive 275 x 19's tyres with very nice Rays wheels.

Yes, this is the complete package. What would be nicer? Well, replace the dopey volt gauge with an oil pressure gauge, put a proper fuel gauge in it, not that led thing, and have a proper water temperature gauge. Make the glovebox a bit bigger and, put a decent exhaust on it. Oh yeah, and if it came from the factory with a twin turbo setup, that wouldn't hurt, either. Not that this car is slow by any means.

Should you buy one?
Do you need to ask?

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Well, four months down the track and the honeymoon is over, My initial infatuation with the car has faded like the morning after make-up that has faded on that date you thought was so hot the night before. Well, I am no great driver, but I can tell you this, I have tried to really extract some performance out of this car, but I haven't been able to. It's punchy, but not fast. There is nothing breathtaking about this car's performance. Quite the opposite. I found it to be a bit of a slug. I could never make a quick start from the lights and found it very frustrating when other cars could launch so easily. It's style still appeals, and the interior is gorgeous. The comfort level is high. But that's about as goodas it gets. The engine does not sound like a willing revver. It sound unhappy, wheezy, and the lame exhaust note is completely uninspiring. I fitted a Meisterschaft Gt Haus system to it, but the sound was raucous, extreme and the level of noise did not equal the velocity with which I was speeding down the road. In other words, it was all noise and no action, so i took it back off. So, after just a few months, I am now selling the car. And I sell it willingly, without regrets. i just haven't bonded with it. Give me my old FD Rx7 twin turbo any day. In standard form it would eat this Nissan for breakfast.

pretty good

The car is way to small for a white adult to be honest. the ammount of times i hit my head on the roof and banged my knees was incredible.
Apart from that drives well
and would be worth least half the new price.
So i advise to buy near new

Fuel economy is good.'
Top speed good bit of lag but its not modified yet so

Date PurchasedNov 2006

OK

I've already written a review early last year but now that I have driving it for 14 months as one of the first few to purchase I thought this re-review would be highly relevant. A little disappointed but still generally good solid attractive car to own. I love the roaring of sport car engines but this car doesn't produce that but is indeed very noisy as tyres fail to filter out the noise from the road. Even the BOSS surround sound can't filter out the unpleasant sometimes unbearable noise especially when driving on rough freeways. I've had too minor crashes like knocking into a wooden pole at a parking lot and even with a minor low speed knock, the plastic bumper snaps off and literally flies out resulting in a rather expensive repair. Manual gear is really clunky and sometimes disengaging one gear to the next requires a bit of uncomforting force. GPS system is a little hard to follow for the first few month until you get used to it and after missing numerous corners and exits. The software has not been updated so driving through the newly constructed freeway, GPS will show you are in the noman's land. Visibility is very poor especially when reversing and although not listed as an option you can tell your Nissan dealer to install one and my car is a proof that it is done despite what you may hear. Having driven for more than a year I am a little disappointed with few things. To be fair it still has many positives. The car is well equipped with a number of gadgets including iPOD connectivity, GPS, 6 stacker CDs etc etc. BOSS was rather a disappointment and the system doesn't even have an equaliser or sound effects and you can't find tune your sound output to the type of music that you hear. But, design is still appealing and something tells me that it would still look vintage good in 10-20 years. Resale value is reasonable and service centre staff is incredibly nice, kind and thorough. Maintenance in terms of patrol is expensive but regular servicing price is surprisingly cheap and boys at the service centre will SMS you to remind service dates and things. Still love the car - that for certain - but 14 months down the track, something tells me I would not be shopping for a 390Z...
Despite owning it for 14 months, it still is COOL to drive with people still giving admiring glare as you drive past. Powerful engine. Good suspension. Surprisingly cheap maintenance cost at the Nissan service centre
It's very noisy but it's not roaring sport car noise, it's nasty road noise. Plastic bumpers can snap and fly off even with minor knock. Consumes way too much patrol.

Have to agree . The engine and exhaust noise when auto box changes down is far too loud but at cruising speed is quiet . The tyre noise when at 100 klms/hr on a perfect road is excessive . Could be just the brand of tyre .

This is an awesome car overall with great handeling and styling. Greater value for money than other sports cars with almost all options included as standard.
Great service from Ryde Nissan and the first service was easy.
Awesome car, has all the features found on more expensive cars
Awesome performace with the tiptronic gearbox
Great touch screen Satalite Navagation and audio system, very easy to use.
Awesome looks and styling
Great handeling.
The keyless entry feature is easy to use.
A very individual car.
Some blind spots when driving.
The boot is quite small.
Only one cup holder in center console.
No parking sensors.