10Nissan Qashqai J11

Nissan Qashqai J11 (2014-2021) Questions & Answers (page 2)

brad ryan
brad ryan · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

My daughters 2018 qashqai keeps going into shipping mode and all electronics shut down. Been doing this more and more regularly. Went into this mode at shopping centre at Charlestown today and could not get boot to open and could lock any doors. Will start but something is going on. Has got it on video now as Nissan keeps blowing them off. Not even 12 months old. Don't like to say it but told them not to buy a Nissan. Brad

lisa
lisa

i just did a google search and found quite a few You tube videos on how to disable shipping mode also interesting reading on qashqai forums & how to disable shipping mode there is about 5 steps to follow it should have been done by the dealer before sale

pete smith
pete smith

Its not only nissan all cars imported in to the country are in ship mode from the factory its to protect batteries & electrical systems while they are transported once they arrive & unloaded ship mode should be disabled but sometimes 1or 2 can miss out when they out to the dealers they should be checking the ship mode is disabled. Do a google search i dont think its that hard to disable ship mode.once it is disabled there wont be any more issues with it.

brad ryan

Thankyou for the response ,will get un youtube and check it out .

george

Why is the car still in ship mode take it back to the dealer & tell them to disable it Nissan should have done it before the car went to the dealership

Brad J
Brad J · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Has anyone got a breaking issue with their 2017 Qashqai? We bought the car from new, now when we reverse and after applying brakes, then drive forward and apply the brakes again, there is a clunking sound from the front end. Nissan dealer claims it is a common fault with this model, No car should have these sort of issues

wingnut
wingnut

I had the exact same problem with my 2016 Qashqai Nissan just kept bullsh*tting because they didnt know what the problem was & too lazy to look. I ended up taking it to a local independent mechanic he put it up on the hoist took the front wheel off & found the calipers on the front brakes were sticking & loose causing the brakes not to release which was causing a clunking sound. took the back wheels off & the back calipers were loose also. spray some wd40 & tightened up the calipers. it fixed it. He did say its a common problem with the Quashqai & nissan should pick it up during services. The calipers should be checked every 5000kms.

Brad J

Thanks for your reply. I thought it was crap and that they didn't have a clue. Common fault or not, a brand new car should not have these issues. Thanks again.

Bonnie G.
Bonnie G. · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

I have a qashqai 2017. I'm going to seem obviously dumb but I don't understand the max air con button and how it works.
If I switched it from a/c to max a/c then force of air was stronger but in last 3 days there is no difference in speed or coldness. Can someone please explain how this button or when this button should be used and why there is no difference between buttons at the moment. Cheers all. Maree

Sharn R.
Sharn R. · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Qashqai 2015 ST owner and have just had the 3 year warranty expire. Has anyone had problems with the air con? All of a sudden only heated air is being expelled, which is very unpleasant in the tropics!

Edit: this problem lasted 3 days and then went back to normal.

spersephone

My 2015 ST hasn't had any problems with air conditioning (touch wood).

george

some xtrails had the same problem with air cons blowing hot air & turned out to be the air con sensor. i dont know if the Qushqai has got the same air con system. Nissan could never find the problem & told me i needed to replace the unit. i took my Xtrail to an Auto electrician who found the prob in under 5 mins & replaced the sensor

Di Aitchison
Di Aitchison

Yes I am having the same problem as you've had. A big shame I am too years too late to know what you did!

CDogz
CDogz · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Hi just looking at what the best price someone has payed for a brand new Qashqai ST L? NISSAN have them at a driveway price for $31,990.

Graham
Graham

Our car was the Ti and second hand sorry

Dean S
Dean S

That’s the current Nissan selling price 31990.....

A demo model is slightly cheaper depending on the km .

If you buy it via novated lease is much cheaper but depending on your usage. Read the Ts and Cs for novated lease or call the for advise.

Mina
Mina · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

I am driving nissan Qashqai 2017 ST-L and voice control saying “Danger due to Faulty vehicle” what is this mean? I’m starting to get worried! It says twice today.

micheal
micheal

refer to your manual

Anne-Marie A.
Anne-Marie A.

My qashqai said the same today, did you find out what the issue was?

stefano09
stefano09 · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Need motor fan Nissan qashqaij11 2014. Where can get one?

Sue S
Sue S · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Has anyone had their skid plate fall off?

Nanette
Nanette

Hi Sue

We haven't experienced a problem with a skid plate at this stage.

Another good plus with this car is the carbon air filter that filters internal air which we only found out about when we had the scheduled service with our excellent mechanic.

Sorry I couldn't shed any light on your question Sue S

TeamTrump
TeamTrump

Sure did.

For me the shape is all wrong (I design), so that when you reverse in snow, the darn thing rips-off due to the force of compacted snow tearing into the mounting points.

Its still in bits in my garage.

Separately...

This site refused to publish my review because the ownership document is in Japanese.

Amy
Amy · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Advice/warnings on purchasing a used 2014 model Qashqai.

Is it a good reliable car?

fred
fred

Sorry, I don't know the 2014 model well enough. Best to check out the reviews.

Monkey
Monkey · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

How effective is the air conditioner?

Des
Des

Very effective. Powerful and works quickly.

Fox
Fox · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Has anyone had trouble with camera system going blank on qashqai 2016 Diesel

Doug B
Doug B

I'm not sure what camera system you have as there are 2 types. First is a reverse camera which is standard. Some of the high end models have a 360 degree system. I have the first type. Reverse cameras can experience issues if there is dirt on the rear lens or the reverse gear select button malfunctions. If you have issues with the 360 degree system, please take your vehicle to a Nissan dealer.

Fox

Thanks Doug i have the 360 degrees system. Maybe someone else can answer my question thank you

spersephone

My 2015 ST reversing camera is a bit dodgy. I have already had it repaired/replaced once, and it's starting to show the same symptoms again. It goes black and white, flickers, even to a blank screen on occasion. It seems to happen when it has rained, or I've been through a carwash, which leads me to suspect that it is not well protected from water.

Hindi
Hindi · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Hi looking at buying a 2014 qashai we have 1 child and one on the way my question is will I be able to fit double pram in the boot along with a little room for shopping or any other relevant info on kid friendly sums?

Ollie's mum
Ollie's mum

We have a 2012 Dualis and a bugaboo buffalo pram. I can pretty much only fit my pram in the boot with some shopping on the top of the pram. There's not much room at all.

Bec
Bec · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Hi guys

I have a Qashqai Ti 2015 that I purchased August 2015, since December 2015 a 'key system warning' has come up on the dash stays about half an hour and then goes the dealership have had it more than 4 times saying it's just the batteries and it's fine but it continues to come up! Has anyone else had an issue like this? If so how was it resolved

Michael
Michael

Hi Bec.

My vehicle is a Dualis. However, on principle I would keep pursuing this problem. Keep notes for later. Get a second opinion.

Mal
Mal · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Hi, thinking of buying new Qashqai Ti, Would appreciate your thoughts on 1- Panoramic glass in summer/hot days 2- CVT transmission and 3- Rear seat legroom/comfort. Thank you

Roses66

1. The Moon Roof is great. Being privacy glass it apparently has approx 70% UV Blockout however I live in Qld so during the hottest part of the day I just keep it closed.

2. I find the transmission fine. We have the TL model so I can't speak for the petrol range however the only issue I have is the slow takeoff from the start position. It is apparently like this to aid fuel conservation. I could put it in sports mode for better pickup but I don't often do this unless it's to enter traffic quickly because I don't want to waste fuel. Once you are moving the turbo kicks in quickly if you need to accelerate, it's just the initial take-off that's a bit sluggish if you are in the Auto mode. The diesel automatically cuts out once the vehicle has stopped for a few seconds (providing the air conditioner has reached the set temperature). This took a little bit of getting used to however I am fine with it now after 4 weeks of driving it.

3. There is surprisingly quite a lot of leg room in the rear seats. We took my hubby's parents to a show on Saturday night and I asked them how it was in the back and they both said it was great, very comfortable and there was plenty of leg room. The issue I have, which is my biggest bug bear for this vehicle, is with the drivers seat which is not very comfortable after driving for an hour or more because you can't adjust the actual seat part despite it being an electric seat which is very unfortunate because they have put rather a steep slant from the back of the seat to the front where your legs go over and after a while it cuts the circulation a bit because you are driving with your knees up higher than your bum. I can't put the seat up any higher or I can't get in and out without hitting my head. Why they would put such a stupid bloody seat in an otherwise fantastic car I will never know but it sucks to spend over 40K on a new car and be uncomfortable driving it. I have bought a bit of foam to sit on which makes the seat kind of level but very annoyed that I have to perch on a bit of foam in my new car.

Mal

Roses66 thank you very much for your detailed feedback. It has been very helpful

Toni Spencer-Lontis
Toni Spencer-Lontis

I really don't understand Roses66's problem with the drivers seat. It is the most comfortable seat I've ever had to drive in. So many options to move the seat and the steering wheel to where it is most comfortable and I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

rick
rick

yes you are right I feel that the seat tilts forward as well and puts pressure on the back of my knees. especially on a trip the seat needs to have adjustments to tilt it more back

not just the pump up or down. I would also think its got to do with how tall we are I'm 6ft + tall !

DaveWR
DaveWR · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Hi there fellow Qashqai owners. I purchased my Qashqai in April 2015 from Melbourne and also love it. Except that I've come across an issue that has only just presented itself after we had two 40 degree hot days (may be a coincidence) . When I open the blind on the moon roof as it slides back it has a couple of clicks like slipping cogs and does not retract back neatly in the roof cavity. The last 10cm's or so folds and hangs down. Has anyone encountered this issue? I have taken it back to Nissan today who advise they have never seen this before. I now have to book it in for a longer period to which they will have to remove the entire roof lining to check it out and to take photos for Nissan, a process that may take between 1-4 days....grrrr. Would love to hear from anyone who has encountered the same issue and I will update this once Nissan take another look at it which won’t be till the 1st of Feb. Cheers all.....Dave

DaveWR

Was not sure how to update my original question but I ended up taking the car to Nissan on the 1st of February after waiting 2 weeks to get a loan car from them. They advised they would call me in the afternoon to let me know how it was going. After hearing nothing from them I rang the following day to only be told that it was ready by noon the day i took it in but they no longer had a contact number for me even though they had sent me a confirmation SMS.????? Okay. They advised that they suspected they had to replace brackets and the entire blind but didn't really know till they pulled it all apart, which was the understanding they were going to do. Thats why I ensured I had a loan car so they could have it for a period of time. Anyway they said there are no parts in the country and they are back order with a possible delivery date of April being a couple of months away. Very poor service Nissan, extremely disappointing!!!!

Sumo
Sumo · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

Ok, we I purchased my 2015 Nissane Qashqai in July this year, I am about to take it back to the dealership for the 8th time.

First it was the check engine warning light - due to an outdated sensor (5 trips)

Then it was was a barrage of system faults including engine warning and chassis control - above outdated, replaced sensor was faulty (2 trips)

Now its the check engine warning light again

Has anyone else had similar issues?

The dealership seems to be doing their best to help but I am extremely frustrated and unsure where to from here? I work long hours and travel between 45-1 1/2 hour to and from work, a reliable car is a must for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DaveWR

Hi Sumo, that must be really disappointing having those faults. We purchased ours in April of 2015 and have had no such issues. Admittedly we have only done 16k klms, but have only come up with the moon roof blind having dramas which I've posted on a seperate thread in the Questions area. Good luck in getting it sorted out. Cheers Dave

Roses66

My Qashqai TL is an Oct 2015 Model which I purchased in January 2016 and I have been having some gremlims in my car also. The weirdest one I had which had me doubting my own sanity, was when I was driving to Brisbane in a storm and suddenly the navigation voice stated and I quote "Warning! Danger! Defective vehicle". Now you can imagine the panic this evoked while I am doing 110km on the freeway, in the middle of a storm not knowing if it was the navigation system warning of a defective vehicle in an accident up ahead or if it was MY vehicle which was about to go out of control and kill me!

I never found out what this warning was about and it has not done it again since (3 weeks now). I asked them at Nissian when I took it in for the 1000km service but they said they have never heard anything like that happening and didn't know if the warning system in the car spoke via the navigation voice??? Just yesterday my radio went and wouldn't play again until I turned the vehicle off and on again?

Adrian7
Adrian7 · Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)

How decent is this car? is the 2015 model getting better compared with j10 Dualis?

Letitia19
Letitia19

Hi Adrian7

I purchased this car in November 14 and it was the best decision I had made. it is smooth, very stylish and very useful, very comfortable, it's not too high and not too low, it is just right.

I would recommend this car to anyone :)

Adrian7

Thank you Letitia! I have tested this car over weekend and I completely agree with you. It is just feel right :)

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Select a listing for your question
Nissan Qashqai J11 (2014-2021)