Nissan Maxima

Nissan Maxima (page 2 of 3)

J32, J31, A33
See the Best Sedans in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Nissan

2007 Maxima TI

KD of Katoomba
KD of KatoombaKatoomba

Nissan Maxima J32 Ti

What excellent value for money !
Sat nav, Bose sound system, DVD player, sunroof, electric (and heated) front seats, bluetooth, cruise, everthing I wanted and not an optional extra either.
Magnificant smooth, powerfull yet economical engine/transmission package. Climate control air con works a treat is very hot weather to.
Cavenous boot.
Very reasonable service costs.
Solid and well built.
Value for money, extensive equipment levels, comfort, the quietness, powerful.
They could have put in an alloy on the spare type.

Other Sedans

Quality at an affordable price

I have owned my 2003 A33 Maxima Ti for seven years, having bought it with 57000 Km on the odometer. It has been super reliable, comfortable and economical. On highway driving regularly returns 7 litres/100 km at posted speed limits. It has now covered 100000 Km and shows no signs of trouble. Everything works as new, no oil used between changes and is still on original brake pads. A lot of car for not a lot of money, especially if regularly serviced. Check the log books.
Equipment levels, comfort , reliability.

Kanpra
KanpraSydney

Nissan Maxima 2012

Badge250 ST-L

Brilliant !!

I purchased my 2004 STL in 2011 with 158,000 k and its still going strong: an amazing vehicle. The performance is brilliant and the quality is superb, I switched from owing European cars and will never go back and servicing I'd cost effective as well : we'll done to Nissan : love everything about this car
Engine: performance, quality
A heavy vehicle

Worst car ever

The car kept breaking down, the previous owner crashed it without telling us, 2000 model Ti and is so annoying, ugly, noisy and I just want to get rid of it! Every time you go fast it feels like your being in an accident. Even the "leather seats" didn't feel like leather, more like plastic, in fact the whole interior was made from plastic, if your thinking of buying a maxima, I would think twice!
Nothing
Everything!

ajayvius
ajayvius

Big on space and performance.

For a Japanese car this one is quite large, from the body on the outside through to the cabin on the inside. The acceleration of this car is really good as well and it is very quick off the mark. Due to the size of the vehicle it is not so suited to tightly packed inner city streets. It is a great vehicle to take cruising on the open road and is very pleasurable to drive in such situations. Overall this is a very impressive vehicle and nice to drive and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to others.
Quick acceleration, roomy inside.
Can seem to be like driving a tank in town.

TransmissionAutomatic

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Clara V.
Clara V.30 Nov 2021
how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
poolguy
poolguyAU

Why buy anything else!

Bought our 2004 Maxima Ti in 2007 with 63000k's. Now (2012) it has 135,000k's on the clock. We have just spent (Nov 2011) $370 on a full set of disc pads-discs still perfect so no machining required. This car impresses us as each year goes by. Great to drive; smooth, powerful, quiet, every option you can think of. Will never buy European again, with their expensive servicing and dubious quality. The Nissan company can be very proud of these Maxima's. Grossly underated. A dealer tells me that there is almost always a waiting list for the Maxima. He sells every Maxima that is allocated to him.
Super reliable. Powerful. Comfortable. Very low running costs.

bigaussie6
bigaussie6AU

Brilliant car in every way!

Badge350 ST-S

Ramz
RamzGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Best

I bought my 2004 STL in April 2011 and at 160,000 K's runs like a dream, its an amazing machine and brilliant technology, Love it. The Engin is amazing and a real smooth gear box. The drive is superb and feels like driving a Mercedes with a Nissa Badge. I would recommend this to anyone
Reliable and superb engine

bev30
bev30

good review thank you

Other Sedans

What a great car. I will purchase the next model Maxima when I need a new Maxima. They have an even more powerful engine, and I believe better ride quality. This is truly a great car. There is nothing better for the price.
A lot of things with this superb Motor Vehicle. I purchased mine in January 2009 and have been happy ever since. The super smooth engine response, great fuel efficiency, the high level of equipment. There is nothing this car doesn't have.
Not much at all, perhaps a little more head room in the back seat. Very minor criticism of this car.

James Yao
James YaoMELBOURNE

Best value for money

This is the third Maxima I had, and by far the best one. Nothing much to complain about this 2011 J32. Engine is a bit smaller than the previous ones I had, but by linking it to the CVT transmission, it feels like every bit of power and torque is squeezed out of it. Never at any point felt it's underpowered. What I like best is obviously the price tag. For under 30k new really I couldn't find anything as decent as this car in the market. I guess I will hold on to it for a long time.
Quiet, comfortable, economical (seldom over 10L/100km combined), plush, pretty, nimble.
The steering column is tilt only, which makes it a bit hard to find a perfect driving position, especially for tall people.

Badge250 ST-L
andreas
andreas

Just bought a 2009 model with 120k on the clock for $16k. It drives like a Merc........stil has the new car smell inside......just love to drive it. looks classy timeless......good car, better than bogan rough Commodores and Falcons. Love that Car !

Hats_Off
Hats_OffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gary Rigby
Gary Rigby

I am impressed with my 2002STR it goes as good as the Volvo i owned . I have only had it for 6 months but i am happy with it.

bariloche
bariloche

I purchased 2001 TI in 2011,it is awesome still. efficient fuel and smooth car and calm. and it has full options like as leather seats, sunroof. If you find a luxury used , you choose this model. you might be happy.

Aus_Survey
Aus_Survey

OK

We tested the Nissan Maxima '04 '05 with the old jacks on the back wheels to see how they handled in the wet by simulating the situation (jacking the back wheels a bit higher). The control was amazing in and out through cones. The '05 was better. I'd advise getting the sports interior with the wooden dash and leather seats.

If you've got the money and you like the class, go for it. Oh and I advise a test drive first :)
The control and ride ability is quite good (really smooth so kudos to the suspension), The Maxima's have a high green rating on fuel.
A bit over priced at the wrong place. And the wrong place being guys who offer you their own loans (which are another to avoid)

Rod11
Rod11BRISBANE

Maxima Ti still a great drive

Have owned this car for 6 years now after buying it with 12000km on the clock. It has now done 125000km and it is still an easy car to live with. Recently replaced power steering hose and an engine mount which cost about a grand to fix but other than this it has not missed a beat and everything works like it did from new. Only gripes are the cup holders are too small and some of the plastic trim has come loose but is easily replaced. The paint is still very good and the leather trim has held up well. The highlight of the car is its smooth powerful V6 that is also economical for a luxury sedan.
Smooth grunty V6, economy, comfort, plush ride.
Cup holders and storage bins could be larger.

Beema41
Beema41South-Eastern Region, NSW

Average Car with Below Average Dealer Support

Good

Great car overall! Very reliable, best v6 engine around. I have an '02 ST model.
The rear springs & shocks could be a bit firmer, but not the end of the world.
I will be buying another Maxima, but the way mine is going it will be a long time yet.
Great engine, economical on fuel, easy to drive.
Lacks a little rear seat head room, rear suspension bottoms out with a couple of people in the rear seat.

BadgeST
Fred Evans
Fred Evans

I have owned a 2002 Nissan Maxima ST since new. Over 185,000 km and hasn't missed a beat. Very reliable and runs smoother as it ages.

geoffrobson
geoffrobson

CVT Transmission failed the test

Good

These car are good family cars, you can drive 500 kms then play a game of golf. A peron with basic mechanic skills could service engine. Prices are good for this model used. Good first car boy/girl.
Family safety. Larger than a Commordore inside. Most options are standard. Easy to use controls < turn on cruise. Control, open sun roof, use electric seats. Set the climate control, top quality sound system. These cars are drivers cars they corner well stop fast abs of course. They feel safe.
Fuel consumption. They are a heavy on fuel when using air con. Boot space a could be bigger.

AzzA68
AzzA68Victoria

ansisr
ansisr

killie
killieWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

I think these are a great alternative to Ford's and Holden's, I am totally satisfied with the car. Mine is a Ti-L and it has everything that you would ever want in a car.
Lovely smooth V6 engine with plenty of power, Luxurious interior, great on fuel, always have positive comments from passengers. I'd recommend one to anyone.
Nothing much to speak of. I have no issues with the suspension, I used to have the previous model and it was too soft but I think this one is great.

BadgeTi-L