4Nissan Micra

theastronautGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC12 posts
Penrith's Finest
Penrith's FinestSydney2 posts
CeeBee1952

Mechanics can make or break a car. I wouldn't use a Nissan specialist, I prefer a good tradie with experience on all cars. Anyone can specialise, it takes experience to know comparative methods.

Steve
SteveNorth Queensland, QLD2 posts

Don't bother

Cheap car and runs as such. Mine has a flat spot on acceleration that Nissan cannot fix. It goes into the shop and comes out and they state their usual line: "There is nothing wrong with the car". then we take it away, it goes okay, and I mean just okay for a couple of weeks, then the hesitation under acceleration starts again. Then it goes in and hey presto - nothing wrong with it. Apart from all that is's very noisy and tinny, and as others have stated not safe on the freeway. Lots better around for the money. Don't buy this nasty little box. This car is NOT fit for purpose and is unsound and unsafe. Ralph Nader would love this car for his next project...
Cheap to run in own
Most of it.Nasty piece of rubbish...Lots of better cars around
SRG
SRGSydney
  K13

Beware of serious Brake Issues and Horrible Warranty Service!

My Nissan Micra was a year and a half old when the brakes failed causing the car to be written off. There was less than 10000 km's on the car but Nissan would not take responsibility nor were they even willing to look at the car before very rudely stating that it was not their issue. Nissan has the worst customer service I have ever experienced and we were told afterwards by other Nissan Micra owners that there have been numerous issues with the 2011 Nissan Micra but no recall has been issued. Clearly Nissan are not concerned with the safety and welfare of their customers! Will never buy another Nissan again and would caution anyone else before they purchase one!

Bad Warranty Service, Bad Brakes, Poor customer service

CeeBee1952

I have a 2012 Nissan Micra ST - it's great!

Johnny Reb
Chili512perth
Grahame471
Grahame471AU

Was almost there

Car all round is a solid little unit. Service are a rip off use ultra tune only $150. Back parcel shelf is flimsy and comes off all the time. Not painted in engine bay which looks nasty. Fuel gauge is not very good nor is the estimated Klm. Has no temp gauge. Bluetooth will not allow music to be played through it. But the big problem is the flat spots when accelerating. Paint chips very easily especially on the bumper.
Price
Flat spots Show details
Kathy263748
Kathy263748AU3 posts

Nissan Micra Perfect first car

The Nissan Micra is the perfect car! I have owned the car for nearly a year and I have had no hiccups with the engine or any cosmetic issues of bad paintwork. Being not a great driver when it comes to parking the tight turning circle is a god send! Nissan were a great dealership to go with, they regularly ring me to see if i have any problems and even send me Christmas cards. I highly recommend this car to new drivers or even old ones that just like to relax when driving.
reliable, cheap, cheap on fuel, fun to drive!
inside scratches easily
Flora00
Flora00Sydney, NSW2 posts
Netty35
Netty35Melbourne

Love it!

I have had my Nissan Micra for nearly a year now. I just love it! Its such a polite car, on screen dash says hello when turning on ignition, and goodbye when car is turned off. And you get service reminders on the on screen dash.

Its zippy, economical, put $20 of petrol in and lasts me ages, for a 3 cylinder it gets along quite nicely. Easy to park and steering is light.

It may look small but its surprisingly roomy with great head room height and decent sized boot. Brilliant turning circle. Very happy with the Nissan Micra
6 Air Bags, Bluetooth, head room height, turning circle is excellent, big boot space, service reminders on dash, economical,
Overseas model has cvt. That would have been good here in Australia. Show details

Aus_bb
Aus_bb2 posts
  K12

Bought this car for my wife and took it for a drive. I must say I was astonished, having driven so many cars! It handles so well. I would compare the build quality and drive dynamics to that of a vw - seriously! It's a breeze to drive in city. It's got a character of it's own - like the beetle or mini! It's not a superfast car and is not meant to be so. But, believe me, it's sprightly. Full of life. The alternatives in the Market for this price are plasticky tin-cans! This car is solid, on the contrary. Anyone considering a small car should check this one out!
Surprisingly sprightly!! Quality build. Astonishing value. Fully loaded. Wonderful drive dynamics.
Nothing really! Show details
jas1978
jas1978AU2 posts
  K13

WE have just bought the New Shape Nissan Micra ST-L as of this month being December 2010. The car definately impresses. We are nissan fans in our household and would have never bought the previous model due to its shape and boring interior. Thats all changed, its a great sylish car with loads of features. Really well done Nissan, you have really thought about it and succeeded. Theres no reason why this Micra cant top the small car class.
Still has its own style. Completely different to old micra inside and out. Very practical. Very modern. Lots of new gadgets. Great interior, very spacious. Lots of standard features that would usually cost more. Wicked turning circle. Very smooth to drive.
Nothing at this stage Show details
Monstaman
Monstaman26 posts
msliss
mslissAU5 posts
julia393
julia393Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC18 posts

Big value in little car

Plenty of features for the price, including 6 airbags, Vehicle Dynamic Control, anti-lock breaking system, electronic brakeforce distribution and break assist.

I wanted something safe and economical. I got that with the Micra.
No mechanical problems, accelerates nicely (in manual), a breeze to turn around in, great value for money. Lots of storage inside.
cheap plastic inside, already has scratches on it. The bluetooth button is badly located, as is the power outlet

Hatchbacks

Find out how Nissan Micra compares to other Hatchbacks

Frank31
Frank31WOLLONGONG
niko87

This car is not designed for Dirt roads. Some problems like the CV joints is a direct result of taking it to dirt roads. This car does not deserve 1 star because the dealer is mistreating you.

bugsy10
bugsy10
  K12

This would have to be the best car I have had, no problems with it, easy on the juice and servicing reasonable. Wouldn't go past it, under rated economical vehicle, looking to buy my next one.

Carries loads, back seat folds down for wheelchair access or other big items. I have carried a BBQ and a 6' cupboard in mine
roomy, good for tall people and people with disabilities or aged, hatch great for access. Seats comfortable, easy to park
would have liked cruise control Show details

kangaroo1
kangaroo1AU3 posts

Absolutely love it!

It's very smooth to drive, compact but at the same time very well designed in a way that everything can fit in!! ...Even my husband's surfboard! I was worried that I would have to swap for a larger car to accommodate the arrival of my new baby (and all the things that comes with the baby), but I found a perfect pram that just fits in! ...So, I could not be happier!! For such a tiny car you could not ask for more!
Compact, Fuel efficient, Safe
I miss a little light at the booth - hard to find stuff when dark... Show details ·  1
jassin
jassinSouth East Queensland, QLD41 posts

Another great Nissan

We bought out ST-L Auto Micra just under 12 months ago and its a great car, lots of good things to say about it, so good in fact we just traded this Auto model for a new ST-L manual. This is my wife's car and its the perfect size for her and she feels very comfortable driving it. Once again the only drawback is the quality of the interior, but as i said i have found this with all my Nissans I've owned. This car ticks all the boxes for us.
Updated looks, unbelievable turning circle, economical, roomy, easy to drive, Its a Nissan
As with all the Nissans I've owned the interiors arent of the greatest quality regardless of model range. They scratch/mark/wear very very easily. I am a very fastidious owner and even that doesn't help. Show details
benilda
benildaAU
  K12

Great car for city living

I had this car since 2007 and it is really good to go around the city. Easy to maneuver and park.
Energy efficient , inexpensive, cute, lots of drawers & there is a shoe box under the front passenger seat for extra high heels just in case you want to change one :)
If you are wearing high heels, please don't forget to get the rubbery thing on the foot area on driver seat. I damaged my carpet coz forgot to do this on the first place.
Podge6789
Podge6789AU7 posts

Great Small Car!!

Purchased the auto Nissan Micra TL Jun 2011

Great little car!! Handles well, cheap to run and is quite zippy.

The interior is a quite plastic looking but this is a budget car - what do you expect for just over $10K.

The bluetooth handsfree is great especially if you have an Iphone. You can press the button and use the Apple voice recognition. No need to program the car just hit the bottom and say "call mum" and bingo.

Capped price servicing and roadside assist for free!

I would highly recommend this car!
Cheap to run, good handsfree, loads of safety features, easy to park
 Show details

niko87Metropolitan Adelaide, SA224 posts
homesweethome1
homesweethome13 posts
Super_Sue1
Super_Sue112 posts
  K12

A good car for a beginner on the road, good visibility, great road handling and safe as it doesn't have any grunt. I would say that as a first car or just an economical car that is easy to drive, easy to fix and good on the suburban roads this one is worth taking a test drive in. I like it for all these reasons, and much safer than my previous sports car which was a bit of a safety risk on the road. Go for it, I'm glad I did.
A great economical, well built car
no grunt! Show details
ke1988
ke1988
  K12

LOVE LOVE LOVE this car. I could not have picked a better first car. Easy on the eye and the wallet.
Stunningly different looks, great variety of colours (most of wich look great in real life even though they may not in pictures), easy comfortable drive, great on fuel and very roomy interior and boot (bigger than most expect).
The auxilary plug could be in a better spot. Show details
Hatchbacks

Find out how Nissan Micra compares to other Hatchbacks

bpmicra
bpmicraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC10 posts
nick2work
nick2work
  K12

A smart car which turns people's head when out on the road! Value for money as cheapest in the range with the kind of features available...better than Mazda 2 neo as well.
A gr8 car, for those who want style, looks, maximum safety features...with 6 airbags (city model), ABS....good handling and fuel efficiency
you wudnt be the first person to get off a traffic signal with its 1.4 ltr engine but still good from commuting n no no for power crazy drivers. Show details