Nissan Murano

Nissan Murano (page 2 of 3)

Z51, Z50

Ganny Kusno

Lack of Nissan Murano Service in Gold Coast

Gerry

GerrySydney

All the trimmings for 15k less than the badge!

Coral6

Coral6Brisbane

Love love my Nissan Murano Ti

Bought our TI brand new at Xmas 2011, and just love it. Love the leather interior, panorama roof, electric boot, the stereo just pumps, love the quietness on the road, heaps of leg room, love the memory seats, stylish interior, and the look of the outside is up there with the Lexus.
Look, feel, drive, stylish, stereo, so roomy for your legs, great boot size.

Alan

AlanSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Major fault with Murano Z51 Series 2 MY10 at 80,000kms

Glenn A

Glenn AWestern District, VIC

Good SUV : Bad dealership and customer service

I purchased 2013 TI in September 2014 from Magic Nissan Mellvile Perth. Near new 11000 km one owner ex nissan Australia company car. The only issue I had was the SAT NAV didn't work the reason being the software had never been loaded. Long story short , dealer wanted me to spend an additional $400.00 to update the software to make it functional.Unexceptable, response from the dealership and after an exhauseable email exchange the dealership and Nissan Australia Paid 50%each.To put right what should have been sorted before the sale was finalised.
The suv other featuers work well, power boot , is handy, power front seat also an good idea.The engine has plenty of power, and is enconnomical .

BadgeTi

Perfect car, i love the sound system. I have Murano Z51 2009 162800 on clock mǎjor service done de

Perfect car, i love the sound system. I have Murano Z51 2009 162800 on clock, major service done.
Drivers like new.

money pit

Only owned second hand Murano 06/07 for a few months - so far- air conditioning not working, electric windows stick, uses motor oil, and finally back diff buggered and front pirelli tyres $385 ea are delaminating. Apparently to do with auto 4wd sensor as tyres may not be correct size? Motor is strong though. Also rear shocks and brakes need replacing. Citrus fruit.

BadgeTi-L

Best suv i have driven

Surprisingly smooth and road manners are great. Well equipped with features and excellent interior comfort.
Down side is cargo room.

Fred

FredMelbourne

Never buy a Murano

2006 murano with a lot of issues

Bought a 2006 murano with 110,000 km. Power steering fluid leaked and got it fixed. Now done 140,000km Oil cooler hose started to leak , crack in the alternator fan, crack in cv joints, the gas out of the boot lid needed replacing and a few other things needed to be fixed. Car looks great and sporty but no power in cvt engine.

Hunter Housewife

Hunter HousewifeHunter Region, NSW

CVT Dramas!

Poor performance by Nissan

I bought a second hand Murano 07 it had 68,000ks Ive had it for a year now 106,000ks and the heat exchange failed costing me $3000.00 to repair, cant by the heat exchange new only second hand. A week later the gear box shat itself. Nissan said sorry cant help you except $8500.00 for new gearbox only option second hand gear box at $4500.00 so thank you Nissan for making components that are rubbish.
Comfy car to drive heavy on fuel
not durable considering they claim the engine to be unbreakable, it's a shame the transmission isn't

rmck

rmckAU

Number Five

Picking up our new Murano ST next week which will be the fifth one over eight years. Have had two early model STs followed by two Ti models. Change them over before 60k and have not had a spot of trouble with any of them. Great deals on the ST meant that we couldn't justify the extra 11k for the few extras on the Ti model this time around. A pleasure to drive.
Safety features. Ride height. Design.

Bo Janic

Bo JanicMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My best car... so far!

Having read the other reviews I felt compelled to share my views. I bought my 2nd Murano TI2 in May 2010 and have never been happier. I have not found fault with my Murano's. The eye-catching styling (which other manufacturers now seem to be following), the quality, engine, CVT, smoothness, quietness and a host of inclusions which are only optional on other vehicles makes the Murano absolute value for money. Also, for its size, the Murano is not excessively thirsty when it comes to fuel economy (in my view). I can't wait to see the new model Murano which I believe will be released in late 2014.
Eye-catching styling, quality, great engine and transmission (CVT), smoothness, quietness and a host of inclusions.

SANDY
SANDY

Best car ever!!!.....Excellent...We would buy another Murano for sure!!!

John Fullam

John FullamDublin Irealnd

CVT PROBLEM

sean
sean

In the USA the transmission has a 120000 mile warranty, i'm not sure about the uk and Ireland, but its worth contacting nissan and pointing this out to them, as a murano is a murano is a murano, no matter what country it is in. good luck.

Vanessa

Vanessa

Never, ever buy a Nissan

We purchased a brand new Nissan Murano Ti in 2009, and have just had to pay $9000 in repair fees for engine parts that have worn out. As we were 3 weeks out of warranty, Nissan refused to assist in any way, leaving us with a massive bill to pay and a dodgy car.
Fancy gadgets
Nissan provide extremely poor customer service, and have a complete lack of accountability for faulty products

nissan murano ti registerd2010

i am a new zealander,have owned the car from new,2nd murano that i have owned,lovely car, but very bad road noise.is it the tyres that i have on it? they are hankook ventus st 225/65/r18.i am debating as to wether i will by another.the previous murano that i owned was very road noisey, i was told that this one would be quieter, i dont think so.

Stephen

StephenCanberra

My 3rd Murano!!

I have just taken delivery of my 3rd murano. I have to say that I am a true advocate of this car. I have been very happy with my 2 previous vehicles also. I replace so frequently as I do around 50,000km per year. The murano just eats up the highway & is a very comfortable and capable vehicle.
Comfort, Handling, Styling

Anonymous03
Anonymous03

I once owned this car, it was brilliant but the only thing that bothered me was that the value plummeted so quickly. I'm glad to see that your happy with yours!

i love this car

Lordknaps
Lordknaps

I love mine too. 3 years old and not a rattle or squeak. Its so quiet and smooth and its not your typical SUV " box on wheels " design. Only thing that annoys me is the 6 monthly service interval.

NIMA

NIMAMELBOURNE

Sport SUV

Hi,
Can you let me know which dealer in sydney did you buy your Nissan Murano please ? I am looking for the same car. Did you buy ST or TI ?
Harshala

greg thruver

i hv got 2007 ti model..brilliant car, very stylish, gets ppl attention....

Crocodile

CrocodileAU

Beautifully appointed

Bought a new Ti in 1010 September. It's a very comfortable and well equipped interior, and a unique external style that make it look and feel agile.

The 3.5 V6 is very quiet and the transmission is smooth, though I do hope for better fuel economy, which I am getting 13l/100km around town.
Great interior and ride
Hope for better fuel economy

Raoul A.

Raoul A.asked

Murano

My battery has died on my vehicle. The vehicle has been standing for sometime without being driven. We tried opening the car door manually with a key but it does not want to open. Is there any other way that the door can be opened so that we can jump start the battery

Mark W.

Mark W.asked

Murano

I am looking at buying a 2010 Murano with 119,000 on the clock very clean and has all the bells and whistles on it , he wants 12,500 , is that a fair price and also I've read a few problems with the CVT transmission ,any advice ?

Cooperdog1986

Hi Mark, mine is a 2013 Ti (facelifted model) and I paid $12,500 from a reputable dealer (granted, it had 130k on it). I think $12,500 is a bit steep, for a 2010 I'd be paying around $10,500. For the money, you can't really beat a Murano. I know everyone loves hybrids these days but it's still nice to have a big stonking 3.5L V6. So many opinions about the CVT.. I've never had an issue with mine but I have a friend who has an X-Trail and has done close to 200,000kms and he's getting concerned. I've heard that CVTs don't like towing so maybe check if it's done some hard work or just been the standard around town SUV.

Olivia

Hi Mark. I think 12,500 is a bit steep but that is pretty low kms for the age of the car. Definitely try to get them down a bit. CVT transmissions are definitely less reliable than a regular automatic or a manual, but the 2010 Murano has the X-Tronic CVT which is known as one of the best CVTs out there. Ideally you’ll want a car that hasn’t been off-roading and hasn’t been used for towing much.

When you go to test drive it make sure the gear shifts (between D, P, and R) are smooth, for example when you put it into drive you don’t feel any clunking. Also ensure that when you’re driving and you step off the gas (but don’t apply the break) you don’t feel the car pull back at all. Both can be a sign of a wearing transmission.

Overall the Murano will definitely be a bit pricier than many other SUVs because they were so ahead as far as design and technology, but I would definitely try and see if you can negotiate a bit. I think $10k-$11k would be a more fair price.

Belinda J.asked

Murano

Hi all, Im looking at buying a 2010 Nissan Murano Ti. I'm getting mixed opinions from car salesmen. Are they expensive to run? Common CVT issues? I'm just after some advise.
Thanks in advance.

Olivia

The Muranos have one of the best CVTs out there, but CVTs in general are less reliable than a standard auto.

Can be expensive to run but as expected from a 3.5l V6 4WD

Cooperdog1986

Hi Belinda, mine is a 2013 but I love it. I have also heard mixed reviews about the CVT but have never had any issues, I think it would really be dependant on KMS though. Mine has a 135000kms on the clock (im in Australia) but I plan to sell it before 170,000 as that's when I've heard issues with the gearbox can arise. Can be thirsty on the petrol but depends how hard you drive it.. they have pretty decent acceleration for a big car. They are super affordable second hand and for the money I think they are a great buy but depends on the KMS.

Compare all 2 Nissan Murano