2Nissan Navara D22

Nissan Navara D22 (1997-2014)

2Nissan Navara D22
3.7

68% · 5217 · 22%

Baldy
Baldy2 posts

Turbo

I have a 04 d22 turbo diesel. Have had it in the family since 40,000ks now has 260,000 ks, never had a single problem with it. Serviced every 5000ks. Just like to know if anyone had any problems with there turbo and if I should update the turbo before it blows. Thanks

Pteropus
PteropusAU8 posts

I love my 2002 STR Navara

I bought this car new in 2002 and have never had a major problem. The only problem with the car in general is the turning circle is ridiculous. Difficult in shopping centre car parks. 250,000k and the only hiccup was the neutral position switch which I disconnected. If they made this car again with 2015 tech gear, I'd buy it again.

Mikesp351
Mikesp351Sydney

This car's been my rock

Bought my d22 3.0l turbo diesel dual cab ute 4wd brand new in 2002. It has been awesome as a tradies ute, reliable and always enough power. Never had any issues (except blown injector pump from dodgy diesel which was repaired by insurance). I've tried many times to upgrade to a new ute but i just cant let go of my trusty and ever so reliable d22 because i fear their's nothing out there as reliable.

DazB
DazBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC11 posts

Nissan Navara d22 Str

Purchased The Str d22 brand new in 2010, so far so good.. Mechanical no issues, 128.00ks on the clock.. The only thing that has let it down so far is the ride comfort.. Very bouncy and rough.. In 4wd climbs hills with ease, I'll hopefully have it for a few more years

carpo
carpo

4x1000000 plus

had 4 d22 2x3.2 1x3 lt now 2.5 done over 1000000km never done a motor diff clutch or gearbox only trouble is front end susp and wore out a lot of tyres 2.5 is 2015 plate done25000 since may hope its as good as the others wish they still made them

merrilyn.tattersall
merrilyn.tattersallPortland, Victoria41 posts

Brian Davies
Brian Davies5 posts

Update on "burnt by Nissan"

After 97,000 kilometres our motor 'packed in' and we had to get another motor, costing $12,000. This has taken all our savings as pensioners, it will take more than our lifetime to replace these savings. Our confidence has totally gone with our car but we can not afford to update to a new/different vehicle. If we weren't cheated out of 5 months of our warranty we would have been able to fix our problem and not use all our savings.

Hoges 83
Hoges 83

Steve
SteveTownsville3 posts

Going well,3 years 76000 Km

When new in 2012 mine was very sluggish, the throttle had a mind of its own and a buzz started in the central dash area that took two services to have repaired. But, its better than I thought on fire trails and light off road work, travels well and tows two ton compressors no problems. Also the motor got more pulling power after 25000 Kilometres.

Apart from getting knocked around at work, and me reversing into a tree, its proving to be quite a good little car. I went from a Hilux to this car purely because it was cheap, and they have been around a long time, friends had a great run out of there's so why not.

prince5
prince5

clutch

put manuals into low gear before backing trailers up hill then clucth wont burn out .same in confined spaces when pushing or pulling a fair weight,i to burnt out my clutch was replaced only had 2500 klm on great car a little under powered but for 29,000 irt does the job in comfort

walb64
walb642 posts

phil morris
phil morrisSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts

the new nissen navara dual cab ute 2-5 ltr turbo diesel

I had ( the beast ) for three months now and love it , I'm sorry can't say anything bad . I am going to Fraser Island shortly and I will advise how we go . I have done a few things recently to her I.e. fitted uhf , cruise control , compressor kit , raised her 40mm , roof platform and awning etc.

Paul

madmaximus

TUI007
TUI007wellington

Ks an issue?

I am looking at purchasing a 2009 STX R Sport with 116,000Ks. I have owned diesels before with in excess of 300,000K and still going strong.

From the reviews I have read it seems the majority of issues occur either from brand new up to 80,000ks.

Do you think 116,000ks is high and a risky purchase? (price is relective of Ks) My gut feel is that by 100,000 most major issues would have been rectified.

THOUGHTS??

Andy Mack
Andy Mack

I have a 2008 STX, which has 104k on the clock. Have put 40k on it and its been fine. No bad signs and I'm confident it will last for a lot longer.

Simmo
Simmo

Katrina Booth
Katrina BoothNewcastle, New South Wales

Zdrava
Zdrava
william.boerner.5
william.boerner.5AU

nissan navara or also called the frontier

You all should be happy with the fuel milage you are getting I have a 2001 Nissan frontier with a supercharged v6 gas engine. The fuel economy is about 200 miles to the tank. I am thinking about doing a engine swap to the 4 cylinder turbo diesel. Witch you have to understand the more milage you drive a diesel the more the internals seal and get better fuel economy. If. U think I am joking here are pictures.
fast powerful
fuel economy Show details
2011 D22 Navara from WA
2011 D22 Navara from WAAU

thomo23
thomo23AU2 posts

Tough rig

I brought a 2005 3 ltr dual cab off my mate( 1st owner) 3 years ago with 200,000kms on it.He never had a problem with it. I have done another 130,000kms now with no hassles(touch wood) We both tow work trailers with it and i take it bush atleast once a month,. It just keeps going with no probs.
tough,reliable
back leg room Show details
laptop_kid
laptop_kid4 posts

Good

I bought a navara last year. It is a 1998 model, dual cab, 4x2. It came fitted with gas so it is very cheap to run.
It is really cheap on fuel even when you run it on petrol. it has the same amount of space in the back as you get in a big 4X4 but for a much smaller price. It is nice to ride in and when going along the highway is quiet as well.
Some small problems. My navara has been fitted with gas so sometimes it feels a bit down on power but for what you pay for fuel, it is great. Show details
Tinglebee
TinglebeeAU3 posts

Love it!

Awesome 4wd, done heaps of heavy sand and mud driving, let the tires down and you are always out! Very surprised at how good on fuel it is for a 4wd. 600 - 650km around town to a tank. It can be a bit bouncy but it is a 4wd, not a car. Never had a problem with it in 7 years.
Reliable, easy to clean after work or a big trip, good fuel economy for a 4wd.
Could use a little more leg room in the back Show details ·  2
pucker89
pucker89

Good

Hi,

I have the 2002 STR with a Diesel / Gas convesion and it goes like a rocket, see http://www.dieselgastechnologies.com.au/nissan.htm and you will see my Navara there .

The only problem i have had is the suspesion which i'm upgrading to a new one soon. Other than that nothing else has been an issue, rule of thumb you change your Engine oil at every 5000km your engine will last you a life time easy, ask any Diesel Mech.

Happy to speak to any of you.

Steve
Power/shape/options/tows very well and great low range
Not much room for adults in the back but not an issue for me ,The nissan Shocks could be better. Show details

Elizabeth
ElizabethWA, 633016 posts

Navara 4x4 ST-R: We have owned a Nissan Navara for the first time for over one year now. The reason that we bought this car was that it seemed to have more leg room in it than most of the other dual cabs that we looked at. Apart from a two or three recalls that Nissan had on this car at first, we have had no problems with it at all. The only thing that I will look at changing in the future is that I would prefer a flat tray back on the ute instead on what I have got now that comes as standard.
size

AEN
SandyG
SandyGSouth Brisbane224 posts

A rough and ready truck

I have had one of these trucks as a work unit up until recently, They ride quite hard and steering is not terribly accurate but they are reliable. The 2005 model has air con Power windows,Cd,Cruise etc. It loves the juice ,Company put in LPG in the end being a 3.2 litre petrol it revs quite high. The brakes remind you your driving a truck and shocks remind you you have now shattered your spine.
It Never stopped and could take harsh treatment
At the end of its time with me the power window on passenger side stopped working, The cruise stopped working . Show details
brewster1253
brewster12532 posts

doytbag
doytbagAustralia3 posts

angler
angler6 posts

cmholden23
cmholden23

Bad

The ute is comfortable, has good excelleration, but lacks in torque on low end revs. Off-road is good, but only if you have nothing loading on the front end. The weihgt of winch bar and extras to help in off-road conditons lowers the car about 2-3 inches, making entry extremly rough on components in the front end.
It's fuel economy is extremely good for the power out put that the ute delivers.
Torchen bars- its to heavy in the front end not to have spings to lift nearly 3/4 of the utes weight.
hgvs2003
hgvs2003

tobunda2003
tobunda20032 posts

Good

very capable car, i bought it to tow my boat and does it easy.
looks great, zd30 td engine is fantastice, gearbox feels great, comfortable seats, good leg room in back if driver puts seat forward but still comforable
no keyless entry, 2 speakers and single cd