Nissan Navara D22

Nissan Navara D22 (1997-2014) (page 3 of 4)

• Braking
  • Features
Mikesp351

Mikesp351Sydney

This car's been my rock

Bought my d22 3.0l turbo diesel dual cab ute 4wd brand new in 2002. It has been awesome as a tradies ute, reliable and always enough power. Never had any issues (except blown injector pump from dodgy diesel which was repaired by insurance). I've tried many times to upgrade to a new ute but i just cant let go of my trusty and ever so reliable d22 because i fear their's nothing out there as reliable.

DazB

DazBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nissan Navara d22 Str

Purchased The Str d22 brand new in 2010, so far so good.. Mechanical no issues, 128.00ks on the clock.. The only thing that has let it down so far is the ride comfort.. Very bouncy and rough.. In 4wd climbs hills with ease, I'll hopefully have it for a few more years

4x1000000 plus

had 4 d22 2x3.2 1x3 lt now 2.5 done over 1000000km never done a motor diff clutch or gearbox only trouble is front end susp and wore out a lot of tyres 2.5 is 2015 plate done25000 since may hope its as good as the others wish they still made them

merrilyn.tattersall

merrilyn.tattersallPortland, Victoria

'02 3 Litre Turbo Diesel purchased around '08 with 80000km now (210000)

Drive4WD

Update on "burnt by Nissan"

After 97,000 kilometres our motor 'packed in' and we had to get another motor, costing $12,000. This has taken all our savings as pensioners, it will take more than our lifetime to replace these savings. Our confidence has totally gone with our car but we can not afford to update to a new/different vehicle. If we weren't cheated out of 5 months of our warranty we would have been able to fix our problem and not use all our savings.

BadgeST
TransmissionAutomatic

191000ks 6 years and counting

Steve

SteveTownsville

Going well,3 years 76000 Km

When new in 2012 mine was very sluggish, the throttle had a mind of its own and a buzz started in the central dash area that took two services to have repaired. But, its better than I thought on fire trails and light off road work, travels well and tows two ton compressors no problems. Also the motor got more pulling power after 25000 Kilometres.
Apart from getting knocked around at work, and me reversing into a tree, its proving to be quite a good little car. I went from a Hilux to this car purely because it was cheap, and they have been around a long time, friends had a great run out of there's so why not.

clutch

put manuals into low gear before backing trailers up hill then clucth wont burn out .same in confined spaces when pushing or pulling a fair weight,i to burnt out my clutch was replaced only had 2500 klm on great car a little under powered but for 29,000 irt does the job in comfort

walb64

walb64

Crap

phil morris

phil morrisbrisbane

the new nissen navara dual cab ute 2-5 ltr turbo diesel

I had ( the beast ) for three months now and love it , I'm sorry can't say anything bad . I am going to Fraser Island shortly and I will advise how we go . I have done a few things recently to her I.e. fitted uhf , cruise control , compressor kit , raised her 40mm , roof platform and awning etc.

Paul

Dave

Best 4x4 owned

Son
Son

We are looking to buy a second hand (1 owner, $69k's on clck, tray no sides Nissan Navara D22 STR 2011). I'm not sure of the engine yet - any ideas on what to look for specifically? Advertised for $21500)

Joe

Check all major servicing has been done otherwise very reliable price alittle high for those sought of kms though try bargaining price down

TUI007

TUI007wellington

Ks an issue?

I am looking at purchasing a 2009 STX R Sport with 116,000Ks. I have owned diesels before with in excess of 300,000K and still going strong.
From the reviews I have read it seems the majority of issues occur either from brand new up to 80,000ks.
Do you think 116,000ks is high and a risky purchase? (price is relective of Ks) My gut feel is that by 100,000 most major issues would have been rectified.

THOUGHTS??

Andy Mack
Andy Mack

I have a 2008 STX, which has 104k on the clock. Have put 40k on it and its been fine. No bad signs and I'm confident it will last for a lot longer.

Annie
Annie

Our 2009 STX we have owned from new. No major problems, replaced back springs because we tow a 2.5 tonne van but thats it. Also have chipped it and much more grunt.

2009 D22 Great car!

Katrina Booth

Katrina BoothNewcastle, New South Wales

D22 STR

Zdrava
Zdrava
riderau
riderau

seems to me that old mate thinks he has a centurion tank. and not a 4x4. Treat it like a car, it aint meant to go bush bashing like there was no tomorrow. But I have found that Nissan parts and labour are very expensive.

nissan navara or also called the frontier

You all should be happy with the fuel milage you are getting I have a 2001 Nissan frontier with a supercharged v6 gas engine. The fuel economy is about 200 miles to the tank. I am thinking about doing a engine swap to the 4 cylinder turbo diesel. Witch you have to understand the more milage you drive a diesel the more the internals seal and get better fuel economy. If. U think I am joking here are pictures.
fast powerful