Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST

Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST (2015-2021)

Also referred to as: Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST 2020 and Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST 2022.
See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nissan? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Features
Shane
Shane

100000km All the trouble starts

Had my NP 300 since new, haven't had any issues except a bit sloppy in the rear end when loaded which air bags fixed. Just clocked 100000 km and engine malfunction light came on throttle body had stripped the gears so new throttle body, then engine malfunction light comes on again back to the mechanic he tells me there is excess oil in the intercooler hose. So advice from the mechanic time to sell it before it blows up. So

Purchased in October 2016.

DazB
DazBGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best ute I've owned

Purchased the 2018 D23 last year, I previously owned a Navara 4x4 D22 that I purchased new in 2010
The D23 Navara is miles ahead of the D22, Comfort, safety, performance and fuel economy.
Love it

Happy
HappySouth West, WA

Really nice to drive

Bought new, 2018 ST model. Now at 43000km. Haven't missed a beat so far.
Taking this on soft sand beach, the torque it produces is astonishing. Auto gearbox keeps revs well below 1500rpm ploughing through the sand. The ride comfort is the best I have felt in any ute so far. Service intervals every 24000km. Works out cheaper to service than my wife's Honda Jazz!

patrick
patrick

Nissan could do better

50 kms . Rust on chassie welds . Nissan says this is acceptable. Thats their view , i have my view and this is not acceptable.
200kms - diff whining between 90-100 km p/h . Lets see what nissan dose about this.
1000kms, major oil leak out of front timing cover . Major job to repair. Is being repaired under warranty. Not happy having half of my front end removed to repair. Poor for a new car.
Nissans new vehicle letter states" we care".
Not with my dealer. They are full of crap!
This car has done 1300kms. Poor quality.
I am a long term nissan owner. Pintara in 87 . 3 x maximas. A32 , j31 , j32 . 2 x patrols gq and gu. First navara. Not happy.

Purchased in July 2019 for $47,000.00.

Workhorse

Used in North-Midlands WA as an agronomy vehicle, commuter, boat launching and getting thrashed on gravel day-to-day. Everything holds up great even towing a 4 Tonne boat to the ramp, or towing a large trailer carting sheep. Has plenty of power to overtake on highways, just drop down a gear and let the twin turbo's do the rest. Has clocked over 200,00 k's on mainly gravel roads doing 120km/h or on farms on rough paddocks.

Very comfortable for trips to Perth (3 Hrs) and has all the fruit you would expect in a modern vehicle.
Will be buying again.

Purchased in July 2016 for $55,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Nick k
Nick k

Not a problem

I use this car everyday for work and use it for camping. I have 85k on the clock and it hasn't skipped a beat, I get around 850 per tank and I'm running 32" Ko2's. Really enjoy driving it and highly rate it.

Purchased in October 2017 for $43,500.00.

Dom
DomGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great ute

Ute is used for Commuting, family transport, sports, off-roading, etc.
Ute is used every day.
Two issues with this ute is its too long and doesn't fit in standard car parks and Nissan didn't add the digital radio.

Purchased in February 2019 at Nissan Dealers for $45,000.00.

Brett P.
Brett P.Central Queensland, QLD

Great dual cab at a great price!

I've put 9000 k's on the clock in about 6 weeks including 1200k trip in one go. Found it was comfortable enough to not need a break from it. No issues what so ever! Not sure what road noise everyone is complaining about, no better or worse than my last 2 lease vehicles (Captiva and a D40). Only negatives are lack of in car storage and the advertised fuel usage is not right. Average 9 L/100

Purchased in May 2019 for $43,390.00.

Paddyt
PaddytSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hasn't missed a beat

Had our 2015 NP300 ST for 3 and a half years now and around 60,000K. Used as the daily commute vehicle, maybe 10 trips towing our pop top caravan (including a recent 3,000K trip), and multiple trips helping the kids move house, tip runs etc.
We had one issue right back at the start with an intercooler hose that wasn't clamped tight enough and blew off - an issue with predelivery at the wharf that was happening with the early deliveries. Other than that we have not had a single issue and very happy with the vehicle. We probably haven't had more that about 200kg load in the back - I understand big loads with the early models can be an issue with the suspension, but we havent seen any..

Purchased in October 2015.

Bramax
BramaxSouth East Queensland, QLD

100,000km has been a great ute minus

Bought my ST 4x4 back in 2015 has been a great ute minus one occasion with the lh rear axel seal being deformed and weeping at 20,000km. Got this fixed under warranty however the dealership I dealt with were incredibly painful.
Just clocked up 100,000km now and the car has had no issues since. Currently has 2 inch lift with 32 inch tyres, bullbar and canopy with drawer system roof racks etc. and get 700 to 750km out of about 65 liters, not dreadful given the vehicles size and modifications.

Purchased in November 2015.

chase2187
chase2187Brisbane, Queensland

3 oil leaks at the same time

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
cocosongo
cocosongoAU

Average ute

The Ute drives good, does lag at times but does the job. Service is pricier than some & dealer does skim on oils though; my brake fluid had been left low for three services despite me reminding them (Essendon Fields Nissan). Lacks cabin storage space, no ISO baby seat connection, windscreen washer is barely sufficient, really lags power when towing. Wouldn’t recommend but is a good budget Ute.

Engine Size2.3L Turbo Diesel
Date PurchasedJune 2017
Tracy
TracyWestport

Love my ute

So love my ute have had it over 1yr and love it. Economic to run, heaps of power. Only thing I could say I don't like is the custom lid for the tray let's all the dust in. I can live with that though. Color options are limited as well. Would look awesome in Blue.

BadgeST-R Special Edition
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Surpassed Expectations

This car has been excellent. We are recreational users and have just completed two long trips and the vehicle is great on the road, comfortable for a truck with a car like interior, excellent space and has fulfilled expectations. Over 17000 km in six months. Of course long term reliability yet to be established.
On the negative-Like other companies Nissan needs to get out of the GPS business- Apple Carplay would be much better. Nav is serviceable but we often defer to google maps on the phone. A light on the key barrel would be great and easy to add.

BadgeST N-Sport