Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST-X

Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST-X (2015-2021) (page 2 of 3)

Also referred to as: Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST-X 2020 and Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST-X 2022.
See the Best Utes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nissan? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
Michael
Michael

Never buy another Nissan period. Oil leak after 1000 km service ...Ticking sound when accelerating

Owe Nissan D40 before beautiful car doing 230000 km not a lot of problems.
Decide to upgrade to Np 300, beautiful interior but the drive is terrible.. Ticking sound when accelerating in gear 1 and 2 with loss of power. Oil started leaking after 1000km services. Took it back but oil leak again after 2 days then they change a holes and that fix the problems. Mention to them about the Ticking sound and a drumming noise from the back, was told no fault and normal Diesel engine sound. Very disappointed with Nissan.
Will never buy another Nissan period.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Norm
NormMorisset

Right Hand Rear Axle seal leak

I have had my NP300 STX since December 2015. Great car but sagy rear end when towing my caravan.I fitted air bags which fixed this problem. In June 2017 the car went in to my Nissan dealer to get the RH rear axle seal fixed & the brakes replaced due to the oil on the brake shoes, then again 1 month in July then once again in November. The car is again leaking for the 4th time and is going back to Nissan on 30th of Janurary 2018 for the 4th time??? I don't understand how Nissan can let this continually happen, what do I have to do just to get my car fixed they just seem to not give rats.I find it very disappointing concidering they make such a nice car.
Anyone got the answer
Cheers Norm

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Cmac
Cmac

A reasonable car. But feeling dated

I've done 20,000 ks in 7 months in my STX. And I gave come to the conclusions of.
. Great on fuel. Averaging around 8.3 lph
. Mines a 7 speed auto, and the Transmision is nice for a big car.
. The engine lacks torque compared to the Colorado ltz I had, but it is alittle more refined. Although I'd still rather the Colorados engine.
. The entertainment system including the Satnav is absolutely rubbish in todays day and age.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Jez
JezMelbourne

The right ute for me

Date PurchasedNov 2016
milan
milan

Absolute rubbish.

Have have had so many problems starting with rear Main seal.. navigator and cluster turning of and freezing up and nissan will not help me after taking it back to a dealer suttons chullora which has the worst service department. Wouldnt ever buy a nissan again.. ford service is no1 compared to nissan.. Shame on you nissan and you don't give a crap.. Class action needs to start.

CabKing Cab

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Alan
AlanVictoria, 3677

Great Fuel Economy.

Great fuel economy as long as you are not towing
Great interior features every thing you need
Rides well drives well
Tyres are not good yokohama done 46000km and they are shot
Over all pretty happy with suv
Compare to my old Colorado the nissan is much much better suv

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Wont ever buy another nissan!

The interior is nice and comfortable and looks like a nice ute, but that is where it stops. Rear main seal went at 19000km. fuel economy isnt as great as advertised. Driver seat back keeps dropping back. 2 12v plugs have not been working. Head unit screen sometimes doesnt come on and the nav is all out of whack. I wouldnt recommend this car to anyone.

Engine Size3.0L Turbo Diesel
Date PurchasedJune 2016
Mike
MikeMalanda

16 months on

Daniel
DanielBrisbane

Great car and great service

I tested all the competing utes and drive a new Hilux ute for work. This is a great car - and super convenient for carrying the kids stuff around.
During my first 6 months I had some minor gremlins - including the fuel filler nozzle and the lining on the drop down tailgate. Both times - easily and quickly repaired by Nissan

Engine Size2.4L Petrol

Find out how Nissan Navara NP300 4x4 ST-X compares to other Utes

Practical car, has had some floors and MAJOR dealer issues

Date PurchasedJune 2016
Rebecca B
Rebecca B

Great Car

My Partner has had issues with cars previously and we did a lot of research into what car we would get him to prevent this from happening in the future!

after all out research we decided that we would go with the Nissans Nav, and we would never look back !! we both love how it drives. the car is extremely easy to drive and smooth not only for the driver but for the passenger aswell.

it is a very spacious cab and great inclusions, best we could find in a ute! it has all the nice inclusions of a luxury car. Leather and heated seats, sun roof, electric windows and push start.

Great fuel economy aswell!!

Engine Size2.3L Turbo Diesel
Date PurchasedNov 2016

Same faults as it seems everyone with an NP300 has

The same as most I love the drive of the NP300, however I can't understand why the same faults keep appearing, If a fault occurs fix it and make changes to the next batch of cars. It seems Nissan do not give a toss and keep sending out with faults. I have had the oil leak on inter-cooler pipe, now I have the leak in the tub coming from underneath, the lack of inner guard and the lack of proper sealing. This is the fault that I find inexcusable as these vehicles are sold as a lifestyle vehicle which means most will fit canopies, myself an ARB Tango hard lid. What you don't expect is to get water in from underneath. This is my first Nissan and will be my one and only.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Rich
Rich
Vorna
VornaJeparit

With a bit more grunt-perfection

Love the Ute and more so the feel of the interior. Mine is an stx bought new tapped with how the Ute drives and travels however could use a bit more oomph from standing start. Nissan fuel consumption is complete and utter crap. I live in the country and all my ks are country me where I set cruise at 100 and leave it. I get 9.5 ltrs per hundred. Not the 6.5 claimed by Nissan. with 7 gears that could be better. Other than that when the vehicle is parked it makes a what sounds like a fuel pump noise that lasts for about 5 sec. But does this roughly every 15-20 minutes for the duration of it being parked. Both locked and unlocked. Otherwise very happy with the Ute. I actually love it so far. And I can be pretty picky...

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Drive4WD

Couple of glitches but overall Good car.

Driving and power of the twin turbo engine are amazing.
Handling is very good
Nice and comfortable ute.
Very dissapointed that Nissan missed putting ambient temperature sensor in the car, yet did not hear any excuses for that glitch.
Stoping and braking there is a noise coming from the back of the ute, nissan tells me it is gear box kicking in neutral and it is very noisy.
Very good on fuel but fuel gauge is not very accurate.
Overall its good reliable car with couple of glitches

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Not good

Hornet
HornetSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Excellent But has backward steps . .

Excellent Drive, our upgrade from the ST to the ST-X spending almost $20,000 more only to find NISSAN have removed the exterior temp display, removed one of the glove boxes, shrunk the size of the sunglasses holder, removed most of the tie down strap points & channels in the tub, changed the split rear seat to a single fold up, removed the ability to type Lat and Longitude co ordinates directly into the GPS. No DVD player.

Paint finish appears better, a thicker layer, time will tell.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
mick o
mick oScone n.s.w

not a tow ute at all

this is a nice ute to drive as a get about but the rear end is not up to or even close to a 3.5 ton tow ute it has had more problems than I wish to put down with the electrics had to be towed away today as the key fault stops it no back up to start manually and very little help from dealer we have our own tractor dealership and if we did this to our customers we would not have many we have Toyotas and VW utes with more KS and no problems as yet we would give it a 9 out of 10 for the options as std but no way will we buy a Nissan again

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Ed M
Ed Mclearview 5085

Sat Navigation useless

Johnny H
Johnny HCanberra

Excellent family dual cab with some minor faults

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Rocky 2228
Rocky 2228SYDNEY

Great quality and features for a ute

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Oil leak

Hi just bought a brand new NP300 dual cab and it has 400kms on it. It's been back 3 times for an oil leak and Nissan are now pulling the turbo apart! Anyone else have the same problem ? We just spent a fortune on a new bull bar, lift kit , mag wheels ect

DavidCastlereagh

Lemon of a car

Have bad vibration thru the car at 80km/h and 100-110km/h replaced tires as they advised the toyo tires were claimed heavy and out still have vibration heavily took back to nissan they advised no streets around that can do over 80km and said the roads arent great dont buy a nissan i wont

David

I just replaced the Toyo tires with continental contact 6 and much of the vibrations have gone

Old JohnAU

Bad taste

Andy
Andy

Massive upgrade from D40

Hello all, My purchase (NP 300 2016) STX.
Well this is my third Navara...Brilliant car to drive, very smooth ride compared to D40, Alot more bells/whistles.
My opinion on it...But superficial...
1. Still need to get onto keeping the power on after engine is off, to close elec windows.
2.Over head sunglass pocket to small...can not fit sunglass's in as fit easy in D40.
3. After lifting rear seat.. the floor is not flat like D40... this was very handy for tools etc.
4. Bad large horn area pad...as when turning you honk the horn!!...Bad design.
Things I love that they did...
1. Massive difference in the weight of the tailgate...Yeah...Easy loading everytime.
2. Black rims..as does not show brake dust.
3. Loving the car!

benjilliby

oil weep

I love the car this np300 have a 22ft Jayco Heritage 2.5ton & it tows effortlessly, just had 10000 klm oil change don't iike 20000 klm to long I think, my guy at ultra tune tells me I have an oil weep from the rear main any one else come across this, other little issues seem to be common with fuel & so on but all in all I like this vehicle

Date PurchasedOct 2015
ben

suggest you have a look yourselves as it is just a weep if we ask the dealer might just wipe it clean & say nothing to worry about.
cheers Ben