Nissan Pulsar N15
Part of Nissan Pulsar 3.7

Nissan Pulsar N15 (1995-1999) Questions & Answers (page 4)

Lisacosmiclover
Lisacosmiclover · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

Hey... my car runs out of puff and kangaroo jumps in 3rd gear... specially up hills.. like it's missing some fuel... should I just hope back to 2nd or get the fuel filter replaced...?

ann
ann

I would choose an appropriate gear for going up hills as this seems to be too high a gear for going up hills.

Susan Porter
Susan Porter · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

I have a 98 Nissan Pulsar N15 5 door hatchback, 1.6L 4 Cylinder engine. I'm trying to find towing (a trailer) specifications with not much luck. would these cars have enough power to tow a 6x4 covered trailer over long distance (200kms)???

Shay g
Shay g

Sorry cant help u with that. No experience with towing.better check with professionals.

Robbie
Robbie · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

Hi I install a light switch on n15 97 pulsar it was work perfect after tested then about an hour then not works at all even blinker any help thanks

GK
GK

I am no auto electrician. Was the switch a replacement item, or new add on? If so, genuine Nissan, or aftermarket? However, I would check the fuses that relate to the circuit, as it could have blown. If you have tapped into a wire for power, wires could be touching.

steve
steve · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

What does the symbol 0 / 0 off in between the blinker indicators mean?

Sri
Sri

Over Drive mode. . if u use the button in the gear stick, you will see it on.

Patty
Patty · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

Hi there.

I have a problem that has arisen with my 99 pulsar n15. When I start my car and open the oil cap, it is like it begins to Idle/rev higher and I have no idea what the problem is because even my mechanic had not picked it up? Any idea what it may be and is it easy to fix?

Paul

I don't know, take to mechanic. Its probably worth fixing, given how good the economy against size of care and reliablity.

Jordan W.

Camshaft brother, more than likely the camshaft, probably doesn't help after 4 years but atleast you'll likely know. If a camshaft is busted your vehicle will idle at higher than normal RPM.

Colette
Colette · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

I have had a 1998 Nissan Pulsar N15 manual hatchback since 2000. Been brilliant always reliable not major costs over the years. Have a deep wear and tear in the driver's floor carpet near the door (think from pushing my heals when adjusting myself in the driver's seat). How can I repair or replace myself on a budget?

Paul

Get a quote from wreckers.

Jordan W.

Maybe a cheap way to fix that is to buy a $30 - $40 floor mat and throw that over the top, not a permanent fix but is a cheap one.

Kezzie
Kezzie · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

My Nissan pulsar has a heating problem after going 1 hour what could it be?

Dre

Could be many things check your fans are running and would be worth doing a coolant flush aswell. Removal of thermostate can rule out its not a faulty thermo.

Jordan W.

Make sure your thermo fans on the radiator are working, then check the thermostat housing on the engine, then check the coolant hoses for leaks and lastly, may seem really obvious but then check the radiator and resivour both have coolant in them.

Ben L
Ben L · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

My Pulsar SSS was working fine until a day ago, when I tried to start it it would just click a few times, after trying to start it a number of times and checking that the battery was fine, the car now doesn't do anything. No lights come on but the battery is charged. Running a charger over night just to double check it's not the battery, but what other issue could it be? Have read that the starter motor/solenoid could be the issue, but the car should still have battery running through, shouldn't it?

Thanks in advance.

Ben L

Answering the problem for myself. Just went and had a further check, realised that I forgot to mess with the terminals earlier. Tightened my terminals and she was good to go. Terminals are being replaced ASAP!

Thanks again.

Tricky rick
Tricky rick · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

I have a 1997 Nissan pulsar I'm finding after letting my car worm up the reves are setting at 850 rpms which is normal but I'm experiencing the reves sometimes when I stop at lights the reves are sitting at 1500 rpms. What could be the problem be.

Indigo
Indigo

This is a hard problem I had with my pulsar it's the spark lead ignitions. They are probably rusted from the inside so you would never know.

Daytona
Daytona · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

What will my 1996 nissan pulsar not select gear and only select a gear where nuetral should be (either 3rd 4th or 5th gear ) and where 3rd should be it sits in nuetral cannot push gearstick left or right.

toni

might have to replace the cluch

toni

if it's a manual gear box and if it's an auto gear box might be stuffed

chriscrg1
chriscrg1 · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

i have a pulsar 1997 I would like to know will a dash from a 1999 pulsar fit?

Dre

If the model is 95 to 99 id assume so.

maggie
maggie · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

why has the lights in my radio and hazard and back window demister gone out?

G Hul

Hi Maggie, thanks for your question. Try replacing the fuses for these things. Most fuse boxes are found under the dash on the drivers side. A burnt out fuse usually will be darker than the other fuses. make sure you place back the correct amp size. The box will tell you the size. If this doesn't work you may need to go to an auto electrician. It may also be the globes in these areas have blown. Best to go to auto electrician. sorry cannot be any more helpful.

steve
steve · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

Can you tell me why the brakes are deadly on my 2000 n15 pulsar please?

G Hul

Hi Steve, sorry I am not a mechanic. I have no idea. They may not have been put together properly. Have you approached Nissan about this? With faults they cannot explain they (especially the dealership, unless you have a good one) don't want to know about it, put it into the too hard to work out basket or dismiss you saying there is no problem. I went to an independant source first to see what they had to say about my tyre issue and they even said there was a problem, but where was the question and why? Then I took it to my dealership ( because of being under warranty ) who looked at it and dismissed it as normal wear. So firstly i would suggest getting an independant mechanic or brake place to look at it, give you a report then take it too Nissan. Go to Nissan warranties if need be and talk to them about your findings.

Over all the Pulsar isn't a bad car but some, like all other models, have ones that have minor or major issue or none at all. Unfortunately you and I have ones with issues.

I hope this has helped some.

Scatz
Scatz · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

What's the correct engine oil to use for an N15 1997 model? 15w-30, 15w-50, etc.?

Jennif17

I dont know, my mechanic does that sorry

Dazza
Dazza

I use 20w50 in mine. 15w50 seams to make the engine a bit noisy. Penrite is the brand I use and it seams to love it,has not used any oil and just clocked up 175000

castrol 10w30

Scott
Scott · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

1998 Pulsar

My central locking used to work fine with no remote/key fob. I then installed an alarm and put an actuator on the drivers door to allow the alarms central locking to lock/unlock all doors, now when I arm, all doors lock. but when I disarm, only the drivers door unlocks. Are there fuses or relays anywhere than may fix this? all doors used to unlock when the drivers door was unlocked. thanks

Sorry I dont know, mine is pulsar 2014 and has a factory installed alarm

Maverick
Maverick · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

Hey guys! Just bought my first sss pulsar and I was wondering does it have baby seat anchor points and if so where are they? Thanks!

Jennif17

Hey, sorry I don't know. You should ask the mechanic to be sure

Pulsaroo Pete

I agree. You should ask the mechanic, as I am not a mechanic

shai
shai · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

Im wanting to know how many litres the fuel tank is on my nissan pulsar? I have a nissan pulsar N15 series 1997. Auto. Hatchback . 1.6L engine . Thanks to whoever can answer this for me

50 litres

Manuz
Manuz · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

Hi guys, my pulsar central locking system works fine, but indicators are not glowing when am locking/unlocking. What could be the reason? Indicators works fine when otherwise. Thanks in advance.

MarkR51

Hi Manus. All I can suggest is that the indicators flashing is the car indicating the alarm is armed. If not flashing alarm not arming. Check by locking the car leaving a window down and open the door.

Manuz

Thanks MarkR51, it doesn't have an alarm system, only central locking. But all the other pulsars got indicater flashing on central locking. Can't find what the problem is. Thanks anyway

Kids Cars
Kids Cars · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

My daughter has a 1998 Nissan pulsar auto that will not go into reverse or 3rd and 4th gear. Fluid level is ok. Any ideas??

The transmission is shot

Pulsaroo Pete

I’m not a mechanic so I don’t know

amac351
amac351 · Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)

is there a fuse for the central locking on a 1998 nissan pulsar n15 and if so where might it be located as i have checked all the fuses under the dash and can not find a faulty one? Getting frustrated as the central locking is not working and I can't figure out why, any help would be greatly appreciated.

MarkR51

Try this. It's the process for reprogramming the remote key fob. Get in and make sure all the doors are closed. Insert and remove the key 7 times in about 10 seconds, you have to take the key out all the way, both turn lights should blink. Then turn the key to ACC (first notch), push any button on the remote and the turn lights should blink again. Now just open a door to exit "setup mode" and test it. All the buttons on the remote should work now. The car can only remember 4 remotes at a time, so if it already has 4, one of them will be lost. If one of your remotes doesn't work after this then odds are it is the one that has been forgotten, just follow the steps again for the remote that doesn't work.

Get an answer from our members and Nissan representatives

Select a listing for your question
Nissan Pulsar N15 (1995-1999)