14Nissan Pulsar

3.7

70%10%20%

WajeehaVictoria3 posts

Faulty transmission

I have a 2013 nissan pulsar sedan. And serviced on every 10,000 kms. It's only used 71,000 kms.I take my car to one of the mechanics as my car(Nissan Sedan 2013) stopped in the middle of freeway and this happen few times, I have found that the transmission have fault.I take it to the Nissan Dandenong Victoria Nissan office and its more than 2 months my car is in there service station.They asked about the service history I provide the service book and now they are asking about the invoices. The manager and the staff is too rude and they are not claiming for the warranty as they said they will and even not giving back my car which is still in there service station.

jane
janeBrisbane26 posts
Rob
Rob

Nissan Pulsar N16 Review

Nisan Pulsar N16 year 2000 model

Great little car has lasted 19 years to date and still running

issues over 19 years

cam crank sensors and rear sensor

lights flickering

key immobilser stopped but now working again just get a new key with a new transponder programmed to vehicle

apart from that has been very reliable car

Japanese cars are the best.

Brian
BrianSouthside2 posts

beautiful car

We own a 2013 sss pulsar - automatic - only issue we have really had that has stopped it driving was a flat battery(which was my own fault) fantastic amount of power, handles well and is fuel efficient! We would only sell it to upgrade to something with more seats

Ambrose.M
davidwerrington downs5 posts
Arnie G
Arnie G

Indestructible

Bought one of these many years ago with 86000 km on the clock, it had nearly 350000km when I bought a brand new sss C12, not even 2 years later the cvt in the c12 has gone, so back into the n15 I went and never looked back! Not made like they used to be, much better than the newer models that are all plastic and not well made

bsarah
bsarah7 posts

Love this car!

I use my car everyday to drive to uni in frankston from berwick. ive had it serviced once since ive owned it (just over a year) and everything was absolutly perfect !! the mechanic said there was no issue with it at all, and it is such a smooth drive. it is an older version, however, its been perfect for me as i am a P plater.

Fayez
FayezSydney2 posts
Mike
Mike

Gearbox is crap

Car looks but gearbox is broke down at 40000km.

Shame on Nissan

How u reliable car to break down and only 4 years old

[email removed]

Car is spacious and alright

Bluetooth keeps disconnecting. Average car cheap finishes. Not recommended to buy buy Toyota is heaps better

cap
cap
Lee
LeeSydney Surrounds, NSW14 posts
Ken
KenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts
  B17

Good enough for the price

This is a good budget family car filled with enormous space for a sedan. I recently bought a Nissan Pulsar ST 2016 Auto.The performance seems good, the handling is smooth. One major drawback that I wish I knew is that there is a lack of power between 10kmph to 60kmph, so the car doesn't pick up soon enough within this speed. The interior is alright, nothing fancy. The ignition port where into which the key goes looks cheap as it looks like unfinished metal work. Exterior looks good due to the chrome handles etc. Very roomy interior. Steering is very smooth, it's very enjoyable. Car looks reliable enough. It gives 10 kms for a litre of petrol- urban conditions.

maria62
maria62Deer Park5 posts
  B17

The Nissan Pulsar STL 2013 is a crap! DON'T BUY!

The transmission of the car broke just only after 3 years of use with only 37,000 kms. I would never buy another NISSAN car again! And what is very disappointing is the warranty is only for 3 years! In addition, I was promised a 2014 car but then, car given was later found out to be manufactured 2013. Marketing can be quite dodgy and lacking in transparency!

Aussie Mum
Aussie MumPerth, WA19 posts

Great car

I've had my Nissan Pulsar for about 12 years and it's still going strong. Ive had no major issues at all and it's never broken down. She has been a real little beauty as a run about car. Once I decide to update it I will be getting another Nissan no doubt.

Own 2 nissan pulsars thus far.

skipy123
skipy1232 posts

Perfect car!

It was my first car in Australia once came here from overseas and I replaced nothing on it. Indestructible engine and very fun to drive. A bit thirsty once you put your pedal on it, but ok at low speed. I missed the cruise control and and sixth gear. This car from Nissan is an amazing car.

JacobSydney, NSW9 posts

Dont do it

Our nissan is 3 years old has a cracked heater core and loud cvt gearbox. Not reliable and the customer service at both dealership and nissa is hopeless. The dealer and nissan wont cover repairs for poor workmanship. Not the best car, save your money and buy something else. There are lots of better options available on the market.

August 12th 2019 Update: Do not do it! Run and dont ever look back... its not good at all.

My gearbox just blew on me.... 200000 kms of only hwy km's. Only 3.5 years old. Cracked radiator, leaky heater core and electronic gremlins. Do yourself a favour and steer clear! Show details

Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Handling
Design
Jacob

Today we also found the fan speed resistor is broken... there goes another $400.

Shyam
Shyam

Good Value For Money

It has 6 airbags fitted for your protection, Good Transmission >> which means I don't agree with others review because those cars might be Rough used, I don't also I own this car for 5 years & covers more than 120000Kms still runs as a new car, I had many other branded cars like Mitsubishi, Subaru, aloso Toyota corolla 2014> same segment still Nissan is better in bumpy roads, drives smooth & no shivering because more heavier > but corolla does shiver.

First car buyers will love these features: This car has storage compartment in center console. - >Front cup holders >- Air conditioning >- AUX input > - Cruise control >- Hands Free >All controls on steering Wheel > -Temperature on displayed

Andydawg
AndydawgAustralia
Tiger
Tiger

Not recommanded to buy

my gearbox was broken under a year of buying new nissan pulsar 2014. i would never recommend anyone to buy this car. car is easy to drive but it had given other expanses like blowen ac fan and ac commpressor in less than 3 year of purchase. i would say miss nissan pulsar to buy.

Linda C
Linda CAU6 posts

Great first car

Bought it second hand and had no issues whatsoever with the car. Great first car purchase. Economical and cheap to service and run. Never had an issues and would recommend to all. Spacious boot. Would only wish it opened up like a hatchback and hence the ability to put in furniture.

Mobii
Mobii4 posts

Good choice

A very good car have a lot of smooth drive specially on long drives their should be a digital meter as well as it’s more comfortable to see with the cruise control. Overall after some time I have excel issues the car makes a bit issues

Can’t fix them hopefully will take it to showroom

Elsie
ElsiePerth5 posts

Great car

Bought it with a fair and decent price. Its really a great deal car. Been driving it for 5 MTHS , so far it has been good and great to drive . Loving it and would recommend if anyone looking for this car. Cheap, great and reliable for the model.

Peter
Peterperth3 posts

Nissan Pulsar SSS Great Value

For under $30,000 this car appears to have all mod cons, keyless entry, leather trim, automatic Headlights,GPS eyc.

Have only had this car for a few month and find it to run very well, using 8.2 Liters to 100 Kms.;

Comfortable easy driving, with enough power in the 1600 cc Turbo, for my needs.

Well finished car, which has the touches of luxury at a paupers price.

The interior is well designed and well fitted out, and most of the controls are fitted to the steering wheel.

As tyet can not fault it.

Shane
ShanePerth, WA3 posts

It's ok

I have this car for 1 year now. Good on fuel. Handling is ok. Interior is basic.

Don't like transmission. Not fan of cvt but for this car it's not very smart. Make very slow sometime put you on danger.

Rust all under car took it to company for warranty they said it's normal.

Marcus7241
Marcus7241Sydney, NSW22 posts

Good but not great!

Overall happy with the purchase, all the positive points mentioned in other reviews are the same for me. Only issues I'm having is CV Joints are clicking away and sound on the way out after 70,000 kms plus the internal rear mirror has fallen out of its mount, the plastic pieces inside just crumbled away, very brittle and was quoted $300 to replace from Nissan so going warranty claim for both. The standard front rotors are rubbish if pushed hard so I've upgraded to DBA T2 on the front and rear with better pads.Still handles like a bus even with the rear swaybar but could easily improve with some coilover suspension. It's a shame it's discontinued and was never touched by NISMO.

Neilhothatch
NeilhothatchMid West, WA3 posts

Huge value for money

It drives well and have lots of space. I like the soft touch interior as oposed to the black hard plastics the toyota and civic come out with. Nissan got the interior right. Great on fuel economy. Need a space to put your cellphone ander other small stuff. Great value for money, cant beat the price

Elaine Glenie
Elaine GlenieNortham, Western Australia6 posts

Lovely little car. Perfect in traffic. Very fuel economical

Plenty of room back and front. Low running costs. User friendly controls

Turns easily . Roomy boot, 4 door. Doors open wide enough to allow elderly people easy access tofront and rear doors.good sir conditioning and heat.ing. locks automatically if you foget to lock it. Duress button on key if in trouble.

Love K
Love KSydney, NSW7 posts
Revathy
RevathySydenham2 posts

Awesome Car

Really love this car. It has a very good interiors and seats are designed in such a way that it provides a great comfort. Lights, Sound System and all other basics sounds good. Genuine one with a luxury touch! One of the best car with excellent features.Lucky enough to have this for an affordable price!!

Josh
JoshHobart, TAS13 posts

Good reliable daily drive

Still runs well, cheap to run and getting around the 200k clicks mark, but despite this it still is fine.

Wish people would stop denting it though haha. Would recommend given the price range. Only bad thing is they are the most stolen car in Australia (but that's what insurance is for I guess).

Nazir
NazirMelbourne
  Verified B17

Very very disappointed please don’t buy one

I am having the same problem as well and I hate this cvt transmission absolutely crap one.

This is the second transmission that I have replaced within a month still give my trouble and my car has done 120,000 km only also in 80,000 km the radiator stuffed and I had to replace it.

I think this is a factory fault and the Nissan company should replace and compensate customers.

I will never ever buy a Nissan car at all and I will never recommend anyone to buy one.

Hansa
HansaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts

Very Good Car

Cool Driving Performance with Good Handling. Good Family car comes with 1.8 Engine on it. Until Now didn't have any Issues with the car. Driven more than 60K for these 1 & half Year. Beautiful Interior with Massive Leg space to Front & rear Passenger seats. Cheap to run & cheap to maintain.

jamesdyson2017
jamesdyson2017Melbourne9 posts

Just ok

Maybe I'm never a fan of nissan, but put my personal bias behind. The car was ok to drive, not particularly feature packed, and till today nissan has no plans to integrate apple carplay into their entire line of sedan and suv which is a big bummer. Driving wise, just ok, not as good as toyota though.

Hoang
HoangAdelaide5 posts
  N16

Reliable, efficient and cheap to maintain

I've always had a positive experience with Nissan Pulsars. Never had any major issues with it and when I get my car serviced, it costs almost next to nothing. The only downfall is that it has manual windows so if you like the convenience of pushing a button, then this may frustrate you a bit. I do believe there is a focus on the engine quality versus a fancy interior. If you want something that runs well, is reliable, efficient, cheap to maintain and don't mind that your car isn't super fancy then this is the car.

Echo441
Echo441Newcastle2 posts
  N16

Great car for everyday commute

I purchased a 2004 Pulsar N16 sedan in July last year and still use it daily with no mechanical faults at 180,000km. It has been fully serviced for its lifetime and have nothing major go wrong with it, just the regular tyres, battery and a couple of bulbs. It is a nice drive and gets me to and from work everyday and is good on fuel.

Steph L.
Steph L.

Spacious car

Performance is not bad and good driving experience, never had any issues. The car is pretty spacious for a small car. I used it to move house and it did a good job. I even squeezed a double size mattress inside the car. The running cost is not too much, quite economical.

pavan
pavansydney8 posts

Excellent car

Great driving experience and the performance has been excellent. Very less noise even after driving 50,000 KMS.

Legroom is sufficient and the dashboard is handy and easy to use.

Maintenance is not too bad at Nissan dealers. Reasonable pricing.

Only disadvantage is that the back seat is not collapsible to transport goods.

Road side assistance is part of the 3 year warranty which is a Plus.

Lansi
LansiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts

Great reliable car

Nice size good looking car. Reliable and uncomplicated I love the way it drives, doesn't have a huge amount of grunt, you arent going to break any land speed records in this car and it's probably more suited to a slow and steady driver than a speed freak. All in all I love the convenience and reliability of the pulsar and the price was fantastic compared to other small cars on the market at the moment.

Extra Information