14Nissan Pulsar

ScarlettEast Gippsland VIC5 posts
bill
billmelbourne3 posts

Nissan Pulsar 2016

I really enjoy the fuel economy, I used to waste so much petrol with my old car, about $50 every 3 weeks for petrol, but now I'm paying 50 for a 2 months. I enjoy the reverse camera and its very roomy, however the back seats don't fold down. Also the bluetooth connectivity works well.

idira80
idira80Melbourne6 posts

perfect car for me

i have pulsar 2016 the sedan model from march 2017. i love how big the boot is. you can put all your groceries easily. very easy to drive. i love how elegant the sedan model compared to the hatch one. very satisfied with this car and the price is very budget friendly

Michael
MichaelTasmania8 posts
  B17

could be better, could be worse

the car is fairly good to drive, i originally bought it for work as the size of the care was what i needed, but has since changed jobs and am not enjoying driving it as much. amazing after sale service though so i'm happy enough and i would buy another nissan again.

laurierayr
laurierayrSouth East Queensland, QLD39 posts
Thomas M
Thomas M2 posts

Excellent Car

I really enjoy driving this car, handles well, smooth just a nice drive. Roomy and comfortable with a nice big boot. The whole family loves this car. No dramas so far and good service when it is due for its registered servicing needs. Its a brand I'll be sticking with

Jenny
Jenny2 posts
  B17

This car is a very good car for every day driving

The car is so good to drive it has plenty of room in it for people with long legs it is cheap to run around in and a very reliable car The inside of the car is black seats and grey roof. Black carpet all in all a great little economic car

Amarjit
AmarjitMelbourne4 posts

Very Reliable Car

I had bought this car in Dec 2016. I love this car, very comfortable, reliable, fuel economical. Boot is really big. I didn't gave 5 stars because the rear seats are not a split seats. Nissan that needs to work on that. I also owned a big brother Pathfinder as well......

Mandy
MandyNew South Wales6 posts

Disappointing!!!

I am extremely disappointed with Nissan , I have mostly owned Toyota and thought it was time to try a different brand. The car was not long out of warranty being a 2013 model and still had low Km's. I was driving when I noticed the car was not changing gears correctly and the next day couldn't drive. Took it to mechanics to find out it needed a new gear box/reconditioned. Nissan had such bad customer service and would not help in anyway. This cost me $5000 to repair. I would NEVER NEVER NEVER buy a Nissan pulsar!!!!

asha17
asha17
ann
annmelbourne26 posts

great car

This version of the Nissan Pulsar (2016) is more innovative and a major improvement on the older version. It is more roomier and has more technology that the earlier models. It is great value for money as other cars on the market in this price range are lot smaller in the body and boot. Very comfortable to drive.

Shay g
Shay gPerth17 posts
wazza
wazzaAU2 posts

Great Car

great little big car. did use some oil, but after some long 1200km days driving hard it stopped using oil! reving a cars engine under load does many things, i have 240000km on the clock and does not cost me a dollar. i get 600km to a tank (50L) i have done 25000km in my car in 6months. great car for someone thats looking at buying a cheap car.

Shaq
Shaq

Best value for money. Unstoppable

I have been driving this car for the last 4 years and I have travelled more than 110,000. This car has not missed a beat. I haven't even been sticking to the servicing schedule and travelled on dirt and gravel roads on a regular basis. The only things i replaced since purchasing are oils, filters, tyres, wiper blades and that's it! Not even battery or break pads.... Awesome spacious, practical and economical vehicle.

Random1
Random1Illawarra, NSW7 posts

Marion
MarionNSW, 23405 posts

Love my Nissan Pulsar

It has a well set out dashboard, there is more legroom than I had in my older Camry, even though it is an older model Nissan it will definitely do me as I doubt I'll ever be able to get another car.

I get good fuel economy and the handling is very good.

Daniel
Daniel6 posts
  N16

Super reliable, great little car

Have had an 05 Pulsar for 2 years, great little reliable vehicle. Never broken down on me. Boot is big for a hatch and plenty of space in the front seats, back seats are a little bit cramped. Drives really well and very enjoyable to drive. Get about 400-500km on a 50L tank.

The only problem is that I find the drivers seat a bit uncomfortable, have not been able to position it correctly. If I have a drive longer then an hour then I often get a sore back. The headrests tilt forward and are a little weird too. Could probably be fixed by someone who knows how to position seats or by replacing.

Overall though it's absolutely great, love driving this car.

GK
GKMELBOURNE53 posts

had for hire only

A little big car, with excellent fuel economy. In the old term over 42 miles per imperial gallon (about 6.4 LP100K). The interior room is great, with a decent size boot. I hired this, as I had to get a wheel chair in. The chair fitted, while folded, but without having to take any bits off and still had room for luggage (bonus). I owned Nissans from 1982 until 2007 and the only thing that would stop me buying this car, is simply that the 1.8 engine is not the best match for the car size (it did struggle under load). And, its $5-8K plus extra for the t 140KW 1.6 SSS. Now, if they could put the 1.6 in the other models, they would have a greater car

Ramez
RamezMelbourne39 posts

Awesome - Autech version 2.0L

I've owned two of these. Good power. Reliable. Easy to work on. Not many in the roads. For my second one, I stripped off the side skirts and the wing, so not being too loud to look at.

My second one had a few mods, making it a sleeper.

Plenty of fun.

August 11th 2018 Update: Bullet proof

Purchased a 1996 model with 150K on the clock in 2012.

It was the Autech version with lumpy cams.

Had a few mods on it. Was in pristine condition.

Drove a lot better than my MB with 100K on the clock, and more reliable too.

Low maintenance as per most Japanese cars.

Aaron
Aaron7 posts
Paul
PaulAU15 posts
chaau
chaauGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC37 posts
  N16

Best car in terms of reliability

I owned a Nissan for ten years since brand new. I bought it in 2005. It was the last N16 model before Nissan briefly discontinued the model in Australia for a few years. I have never had issues with it except for a small water pump failure about 7 years on. Even with the faulty water pump I was able to drive it to my mechanic to have it replaced. $150 total repair cost for a car I had driven daily for 10 years. My mechanic loved my car so much that that he bought it from me to use as a courtesy car for his customers when I upgraded this Pulsar last year.

Carmen
Carmenmelbourne
  N15

Best Car! I don't think it will ever die!

I bought this car in 2009 and have just reached 300,000km! It's been such an awesome car and I think it's still valued at almost what I bought it for!

The only thing I really hate about it is that it gets quite loud going fast on the freeway so I can't use hands free for my phone because I can't hear!

I've had almost nothing go wrong with it except to replace a wheel bearing. Apart from that it just keeps going! It's fast for a small old car, turns well, easy to drive and I probably won't replace it until it stops working.

In terms of fuel. I get about 400km per tank.

Dre
Dre8 posts
Farmtruck
Farmtruck

Awesome car

Wow driving experience great, my 1998 n15 Nissan pulsar is still going strong, I am the only owner and have done 428000ks. Best car ever thanks Nissan. Have travelled a lot in the car never broke down, very reliable. I will keep driving it till it stops. My brand new car.

Narrabri48Sydney6 posts
  B17

outdated navigation system in brand new car

Bought Nissan Pulsar in Feb 2016, Nissan Australia confirms that it had the latest but later informs that it has the latest map at the time when it was built, how can 2013 map be latest in 2015 built car? The navigation does not even take me to my own house built in 2014. There are hundreds who have the same problem. Can we form a group and take it up with ACCC?

aussie-criollo
aussie-criollonarellan vale, Sydney5 posts

Great little car

Great little car, very cheap to run, highly recommend for a teenager or young families, very good size inside ,

just love it. We own his big bother th nissan x-trail St . Very happy with both, highly recommend, must see and check them out,

As I mention, highly recommended

Jay P
Jay PBattaramulla

Really Good Family Car

I have being using N16 almost 10 years. Exceed 220,000 KM. I have replace only disk break set and shock absober sets and some suspension parts. Similar very minor repairs. It is really a good car never disappointed me. I sold recently for a good value to upgrade for a change. Very steady car on the road at any condition. Very good ground clearance. Does about 9-10 KM L in the traffic and 13 KM L. There is a common failure in the dash board panel due to sun heat and some fault indication on the meter board. Out station.

G Hul
brianj888Perth, WA11 posts
Nissan Guy
Nissan Guy

Great Super reliable car

I have owned two N15 Nissan Pulsars. The first one I had for 6 years and got it too three hundred thousand plus k's and It never game me an issue. I should also mention I took really bad care of it and it still kept on going. Amazing engine. The automatic is a smooth ride but it has little power.

I would personally go with the Automatic after owning both man and auto as the Auto is a much much smoother ride.

Revco
RevcoLA10 posts
Dazza
DazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD27 posts
  N16

Good car issue with c-locking

My keyless entry isn't working,the interior light dosent work on door nor does the the rear demister,checked all fuses,no fault found. Was getting 450k from a tank put neulon petrol additive went from 450-600k straight away. Replaced the starter motor last year. Not using a drop of oil yet,it's got 175k

Jennif17
Jennif1720 posts

Can't Do Without The Satelite Navigation And Dvd Player

Smooth quiet driving. Looks small but is spacious inside, nothing ever goes wrong with it, only fill up every two weeks

first time with navigation, so easy, takes stress out of finding new places. The dvd has a good picture and is a bonus, when waiting for somebody, just to watch the dvd. The car radio automatically turns down when reversing, the reverse camera is so safe, I just stare at it when reversing and you can see more in shopping car parks.

Dale S M
Dale S MBundaberg
MarkR51
MarkR51Shellharbour5 posts
Praveen
PraveenMelbourne2 posts

Sat Nav issues

We upgraded from the basic model to Mid range only because of the satellite navigation, but the maps are 2012 maps. We reported this issue during the delivery and was advised that the maps would be updated at the first service. But this did not happen. Have since spoken to the dealer and nissan directly but in vain. I am pretty sure i am not the only one stung by this issue. If you are buying nissan and upgrading for inbuilt satellite navigation think again.

Adrian
AdrianMetropolitan Adelaide, SA15 posts

This car is excellent

Excellent Car. Drives Great. One of the best looking small cars out there i think well done Nissan

The best small big car on the market absolutely huge 510l boot space great for lots of shopping 6 speed manual is excellent on fuel $50 to $60 to fill up and around town averaging 6.2L/100kms

Absolutely love this car

Udate on this car i have just drove it from adelaide to Melbourne an back drove like absolute dream great handling on the open road and only 1 tank of fuel there and 1 tank back averaging 5.4L/100 excellent fuel economy loves the open road

Extra Information