14Nissan Pulsar

LaurenceRBrisbane10 posts
Kdawggy
Kdawggy26 posts

Brilliant first car

Loved this little hatch. Very practical interior with folding back seats. No issues for 4 years until it hit 200k that's when everything went wrong. 5g worth of repairs then ended up selling it for 700. All four gas struts, distributor, starter motor, Steering rack boots, cv boots, brake rotors, Rear driveshaft support bearings and Gearbox seal all failed in a one year period. Other than that I loved the way it drove and handled, Very refined. Well I got 70 thousand ks out of it so I wasn't disappointed.

The Hink
The HinkCanberra Central 2602, ACT8 posts

Update on Nissan Pulsar 2013 sedan

This is an update on the 2013 Nissan Pulsar I purchased new. I now have done 47K and it took a while but is it now really good to drive and has a bit more grunt. I could not be happier with the car. I have taken it to Sydney from Canberra a few times and it has not missed a beat. I really recommend this car it has now taken over as our main family car.

Venkat R
Venkat RSydney, NSW7 posts

Perfect Family Sedan

Perfect Family Sedan, Amazing Leg Room for 2nd Row Passengers ... Leather Seats Comfort, TI model with Panoramic Sunroof .... Leather Gear Shoft, Fuel Efficient, Big Big Big Boot Space, Clean and Comfort Alloy Wheels fora comfort drive ... Love the Japanese Engine and Product in this small tag price ......

Dylan
Dylan6 posts
  Pulsar

Surprising good

Initially wasn't taken with the CVT transmission. Seemed laggy and sluggish but after a few month my driving my style adapted and these things don't seem to be an issue anymore. Actually pretty zippy once u learn to drive it.

Love the look/style of the the sedan, heaps of cabin and boot space. Back seats don't fold forward but it does have a ski hatch. Blue tooth, cruise control, power windows & the usual modern gadgets standard on base model. Excellent fuel economy. I drive it to work daily in traffic and runs superbly.! Fixed price services for 6 yr is an added bonus.

Tim
TimCentral West, NSW35 posts
zyuadl
zyuadlAdelaide

2005 Manual ST burns lots of oil

Had a 2005 Pulsar sedan for 6 years. It drove well, and never missed a start. BUT it started burning lots of oil after 100k km, and became worse and worse after 150k (around 500mL every 700-800km). It seems that it is a common problem for Pulsar N16's QG18DE engine, which is susceptible to worn piston rings.

Jess
Jess

It's basically my child

I've got a 2005 N16 MY04 Nissan Pulsar ST, never missed a beat. Once it hit 100,000kms I had issues with the cam sensors and crank sensors. But, Nissan diagnosed the problem within 10 minutes and I bought the parts online and easily fitted them myself for bout $250. That's the worst that's happened to this baby and I've had it for almost 10 years now. This car has seen some things ha! I love it, reliable, solid and economical.

Rozziel
Rozziel
  N16

What is 'good' fuel economy for the Nissan Pulsar ST-L 2005 ????

I know the fuel tank is 50 litres but I just watch the fuel gauge move to empty far quicker than I would like to see! From my calculations I think it's only getting around 450 klms per tank.

Does that seem ok or normal? It is a manual 2005 model with low k's, has been well looked after by original owner. Happy with the car overall.... just bad fuel economy!

Alex Tsokas
Alex TsokasGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

2001 Nissan Pulsar

The best car ever very reliable with no problems far less than a ford ours has just been in smash but I will buy another the same. Highlly recomend it.

Slik57
vasaliSydney2 posts
angie
angieSydney, NSW10 posts

Great Features But Very Sluggish

Hired a 2013 Pulsar through Hertz. Actually I have had both the hatch and sedan in the past couple of months and found both of them are VERY sluggish. Has a lot of great little features on the dash like petrol usage, temp outside etc however it felt like I was driving with the hand brake on.
All the little bells and whistles
VERY Sluggish Show details
Smurf
Smurf10 posts

Jis
Jis

Excellent Medium car!

I Bought Nissan Pulsar St Sedan CVT Last month. Great economical car. Just love it. For this Price the Best car! very smooth driving around the city and highway. Thanks Nissan Pulsar 2013, finally you arrive! Best price at the moment. Although it looks average I am highly recommend for my friends & family.
Economical, Value for money, nice sound system.
a bit noisy on some urban road. Show details
Pulsing
Pulsing
  B17

Good value little big car

Great little big car - I am exceeding the fuel economy stated and love driving it - represents fantastic value - seats 4 people comfortably, good on juice, gets around well. For the price I don't think I could have done better. Went with CVT and it takes a bit of getting used to but is really good - low revs at 100km/h (1700rpm) - just purrs along and stays there. Best Pulsar so far and looks like the good record will continue. Had it for a couple of months now and am happy as.
Space, Fuel Economy, good pricing and safety, silent on the road, excellent value
not a lot Show details
vetnursecatAU7 posts
Stuart93
Stuart93AU11 posts

Worst Car ever

Bought a 2003 n16 Pulsar sedan to replace my first car which was old but was reliable. I purchased a 2nd hand one which had done 110000km. Within a year it had done the head gasket and a big cost to fix it. After that it showed the true problem with this engine, it burns oil quicker than fuel. On a trip home I filled up the oil before the trip and within 400 km it was in the red zone. This is a vehicle which is cheaper, the engine has a short life and not reliable
Fuel efficient
Uses more oil then fuel Show details
Barney999
Barney999
Milord
MilordDuffy 2611, ACT341 posts
muso
musoadelaide4 posts
  N16

I feel very safe in this car its never let me down

This is the best car I have ever owned, it has now got 165,00 on the clock, and the only thing I had trouble with was the breather hose, had to order it from the uk which took around 3 weeks to arrive, but my mechanic says its a really good car.
Very economical, reliable good car and it looks good
boobah
boobahAU

SSS 2000 model

Bought car with 20,000kms and now has 350,000kms, this car is great on fuel I get 500kms out of tank of petrol with city driving, servicing is cheap I use genuine Nissan parts.

Just some problems but no big deal

* Rear engine mount keeps breaking after 1 year have gone through a lot.

* Gearbox is notchy hard to select gears after 300,000kms

* Clutch pedal box is notchy
Very quick for a small car.
nothing Show details

clairebelle
clairebelle17 posts
  N16

Good

I love my Pulsar's, both are 2003 model ST's (we sold one but have replaced it with another as we loved it so much). Great to have a car that can cart three small kids around and still be cheap on fuel.
Very economic on the fuel. Wide backseat (we can fit two baby seats and a booster across the back - all narrow makes though). Three anchor points on back parcel shelf. Never had a moments mechanical problems with the two we've owned. A small car that still has a good boot (can fit big pram or two kids bikes)
Very plastic interior, looks very basic. Central locking went on this one (2003 model) about a year ago, had to be replaced. Show details
Akerzy1234
Akerzy123410 posts
  N15

Good

The car is an great to get around town in and has excellent economy. Make sure to check CV joints as they have a habit of wearing quickly on this particular model.
Great reliablity and excellent fuel economy.
Safety rating of car is average and the back seat does not have much space Show details
ollieoh
ollieohCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC84 posts
  N15

Good

I bought my Nissan Pulsar 1999 model second hand in 2008 and it's been a great buy. I've got a white automatic and like most automatics it can lack a bit of power when taking off or going up hill but it's not bad.

It is a rather small car for a sedan but I rather like it as it's easy to control and park. I usually travel with my 2 year old in a child seat at the back in this has not been a problem at all (as some people complain about the small backspace).

Overall it is a great car for it's age if you don't mind an older car.
Great car for around town. Fuel efficient and easy to control
Does look a bit old fashioned now in 2010 Show details

Leanne56
Leanne56North Queensland, QLD3 posts

Awesome car!

I have a 2001 auto Nissan Pulsar and it has been nothing but great to me. Have never had a problem with it and would recommend it as a good little economical car. Not a little squishy box but not a big car to drive either. Its a shame that Nissan decided to change to Tiidas and not stick with Pulsars as would upgrade to one in a heartbeat
Everything
Nil Show details
Pacemaker
PacemakerAU7 posts
tommy69
tommy69
  N15

Great little car for city driving and very economical cheap to own and run overall is a great car and will run and run
Fuel efficient, little 1.6L double overhead cam engine with reliable gear box and good gear ratios makes it a decent little 4 cylinder, large boot size, stylish interior, easy to drive, park and reverse.
Bad suspension and handling , poor chassis build, back seats don't have a lot of leg room. Show details
MABlasby
MABlasbyAU
BrianMack
BrianMackAU10 posts
  N16

This car has become unreliable,with the remote lock/unlocking not working

The remote will unlock the doors but won't engage the starter motor, sometimes it might take 30-40 times locking then unlocking before it will come good, had Nissan look at it a couple of years age they claim they cleaned some connection any it came good for a while, but now it's playing up again bad, so we have gone back to Nissan (cost $120.00) they claim this tine it needs some new electronic part but it has to come from Japan the repair costs will be another $650.00, so we have been waiting for 2 weeks now but still no part has arrived, just as well we have the second car

Remote won't unlock properly, won't engage the starter motor, and unlock the engine immobilizer Show details

otzi
otzi

Won't engage the starter? Does it not have a key?

hen01
hen01AU
  N16

Great car perfect for a first time driver

Great car for myself to buy, I do a lot of inner city driving and then do the odd big trip (600km) and it handles this well really happy with my pulsar wouldn't go back to my previous car.
Great economy, cheap to keep on the road
I have had a few electrical issues, cheap fix though. I have one big issue still to fix with the dashboard lights for night driving Show details
markitgood
markitgood5 posts

bfuller22
bfuller22AU2 posts
  N16

My Pulsar is the best car. It's really nimble and easy to drive it handles well and I haven't had any problems with it. I would recommend this car to first time drivers or someone who doesn't need a huge car.
I love my 2003 Pulsar. I learnt to drive in it and I find it is really good for just running around town. I get great millage out of it and the sound system is fantastic.
No body else has said this but the cigarette lighter being directly over the cup holder. Annoying when you have to plug your phone etc in to charge and you buy two drinks. Small back seat as well, very difficult if you have two car seats. Show details
jopulsar
jopulsar3 posts
  N16

I love it! I can't stop driving it! Handles well on the high way and is really easy to park and has a good turning circle as well I've noticed. Good in traffic also.
I have a Pulsar Q and I love the sporty look of it. Rear spoiler and plenty of chrome mine had a chrome exhaust as well. I have only had it 4 days but upgraded from a Nissan Pintara which has been going forever and still is.
No ignition or glove box lights. But nothing major, everything else is fantastic! Show details
LeonS