14Nissan Pulsar

mylittlefalcor11 posts
holden_guy
holden_guy2 posts
  N16

Good

Its a Great car - For the features it has its is priced reasonably. One good thing is this car always has a good resale value. The acceleration on the car is good. I would strongly recommend this car for any second hand car buyer. But bear in mind NISSAN PULSAR has been rebadged by Nissan as NISSAN TIIDA.
This is a fantastic car. I have had it for 5 years ... it drives like a charm. This car gives a good mileage.
Nothing striking when compared to other Sedans - The boot space in the car is less. Not enough leg room in the back seats. Show details
skp115
skp11511 posts

OK

Have the TI N16 auto model, was happy at the beginning but now that it reached 130K it is starting to ask for extra pampering
Economical, no timing belt as it is chain driven, good standard equipment on the TI such as ABS, two airbags
It is not build as solidly as other japanese brands, the auto struggles on any type of getting up the hill, the lower arm bushes need replacing every second /third year because they face forward rather than being designed to face sideways so everytime you brake or accelerate the bush moves in same direction until it cracks. Have heard from the mechanic that he is seeing a few of these N16 models blowing the head gasket at around the 150,000 mileage Show details
TalkieToaster
TalkieToaster11 posts

Great little car

I bought a 2004 Pulsar sedan and haven't looked back. It is very basic but reliable and economical car. The fact that it has a timing chain instead of a belt is a huge plus. I can't believe that Nissan replaced this beautiful car with the ugly and stupidly named Tiida in 2006.
Excellent fuel efficiency, reliable, huge boot for a small car, timing chain instead of belt., nice styling.
Rear seets don't fold down, centre lap belt only. suspension a little too soft, fuel guage inaccurate. Show details ·  1
bhparker
bhparker3 posts
  N15

Good

I would definitely recommend the Nissan Pulsar Sedan as a good second hand car buy, for anybody that is looking for a reliable vehicle.
The 1998 Nissan Pulsar N15 Auto LX 4 Door Auto Sedan is a GREAT medium size car. It is fuel efficient and very reliable. The interior has plenty of room, and is great to drive.
The driver's seat could have had a better height adjustment on it for drivers who are physically not real tall. Show details
mcv75
mcv7513 posts

OK

My work purchased a bunch of 1.6L models. They were sluggish and ended up being flogged resulting in increased maintenance costs. By all accounts the 1.8L makes it a much better car.
Cheap! Fuel efficient. 1.8L engine was reasonable.
1.6L model is gutless when teamed with an automatic transmission. Cheap and basic interior. Nissan went backwards from the excellent 1992 to 95 Pulsar. Show details
m8857248
m88572483 posts
  N16

Good

This car was bought 2nd hand at proven 11000 km and now has 55000 on the clock.It has done a trip Melb-Perth-Melb and has performed like a Swiss watch. Nothing has been spent except servicing and a set of tyres. Corolla has a better fit out but would be 2000 more for the same age Pulsar. I recommend it.
Economical to service and run. Has timing chain as opposed to belt. Looks good and is good to drive in city as well as long distance.
Sound insulation-flip up the sunvisor and get a fright of the clang as it hits the ceiling! Sunvisor is awkward shape due to ceiling shape. Show details
michaelenright
michaelenrightSA, 502112 posts
  N16

Excellent medium size second car or first car for teenager. Good boot space. Very reliable easy to park. Handles well in the wet.
Great value for money car, wife has owned ST auto since new (2002) and have not spent a cent other than service and tires, and as for fuel very cheap top run. 1.8l motor has plenty of get up and go drives well in the hills.
Lining in roof could be improved Show details
tkr55
tkr5514 posts
  N16

I highly recommend this car for anyone - it's fast, reliable and cost efficient! It is very easy to drive. I love this car!
Very Comfortable, great on fuel (get around 520kms highway driving for its small tank - about 40 litres), very easy to drive, brakes are sensitive, steering is light and easy, turning circle is wonderful, vision is excellent (minimal blind spots).
Can not fault car. Show details
Ameganie
Ameganie20 posts
auzie3136
auzie3136vic, 3136
  N16

Excellent opinion cannot fault it. I would recommend this trusty little hatch to anyone who who needs a vehicle they can rely on.
Excellent vehicle I have never had any problems with my 2001 Nissan Pulsar. It is very light on fuel has good comfortable interior and plenty of getup and go. I am reluctant to trade or sell as I only have 25000kl on the clock hardly run in. I only wish nissan would keep producing this car and am sorry they don't
 Show details
murrum
murrumAustralia15 posts
  N16

Good

I love this car, feel very safe driving it. I am just annoyed that as our family gets larger, we will have to go for a different model simply due to the internal size of it.
An excellent Hatchback! It's standard safety features (dual airbags, EBD and BA) are what really set this car apart from the rest in the hatch market. In all honesty, these features should be standard on every car.
We bought this car before thinking of starting a family, and have since started one. With a baby seat installed in the new born position, the front passenger seat needs to be almost at the most forward position. Luckily my wife and I aren't the tallest people with the longest legs. Show details
benmann
benmann
  N15

Great car to have as first car or city driving. Uses next to no fuel and is extremely reliable. Cheap to run, especially insurance etc.
Great handling, fuel efficiency and reliable as anything, decent interior
A little bit underpowered but nothing too bad! Show details
SINNO
SINNO
lbijorac
lbijorac
  N16

Good

Overall, it's very fuel efficient. The inside is quite spacious and comfortable, with ample leg room.
I purchased a 2001 Pulsar Q model which still had new car warranty about 3 years ago. I have had no mechanical or build problems at all. This car is definitely one of the most fuel efficient cars I have owned/driven; a big plus!
The sound system has been a let down, as the Nissan CD player skips. This has been a common occurrence, as I know of 3 other Pulsar owners (both the ST and Q models) have had similar problems. Show details ·  1
Cars

Find out how Nissan Pulsar compares to other Cars

Thucook
Thucook24 posts
  N16

Good

I bought a second hand Nissan Pulsar 2000 model and had it for about 2 years before updating it to another model. In the 2 years that I had it, it never gave me any issues. I regularly serviced it according to the log book and it ran smoothly everytime. I liked the Nissan car service as well because they cleaned the entire car inside and out so my car looked brand new everytime after it had been serviced. I also like the design of the car because even though it is a medium sized car, it looked rather spacious when you're inside. I would recommend it to anyone.
The interior and exterior design of the car
 Show details
gmac75
gmac75
j_dr_88
j_dr_88
  N16

Good

Went from a Commodore to this, and in no hurry to change back. With fuel economy like this, who would? A few stickers and a new sound system later, this car turns heads.
Quick accelleration, sharp brakes, bright lights, extremely modifiable, comfortable, excellent fuel economy (I get about 680km to a tank on the highway), cheap to maintain, classy design
Lack of interior lighting when headlights are on. Show details
flutterbyes
flutterbyesNSW, 2213127 posts
jrg200
jrg20079 posts
  N15

I used to own one, and I did love it, needed to update and traded it in. I had the "Q" and it was fantastic. Really reliable, except for the obvious things that have to happen eventually. The boot was very spacious, and the back seats go down flush which really make a difference when you want to transport extra goods. I would have liked power windows, and definitely all 4 door opening. I would liked to have seen the Tida Q when I was looking to upgrade - but they didn't keep any in the showroom - a BIG mistake! If you're looking to buy - get it checked out properly since they are getting on in age now!
Great zippy and very reliable car!
Actually nothing, except i would have liked power windows, and all door opening/locking. Show details
South
South
  N16

Overall I have been very happy with this car. I love the look of it and it still looks and drives brand new. In the years I've had it, it has never given me any problems at all. It's easy to park, has good steering and good fuel economy. Love it, love it.
I bought a 2002 Pulsar Plus a few years ago and it has been great and I have had no problems with it at all so far. It's zippy around the city and does really well out on the country road. The boot space is good as well.
The only two things that I would like on this car is a light in the glove box and light next to the ignition which this car doesn't supply. Oh also the back seats don't fold down which I found a little weird because in my 1989 pulsar the back seats did fold down. Show details
kerrygt
kerrygtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
  N16

Good

A good suburban and country car. Steering is true and it runs very well. The noise factor caused by heavy rain, could be diminished by low cost insulation in the roof cavity. I still find I am looking for a button to press to lower the windows, but guess the price of the car precludes that extra luxury.
The Nissan Pulsar is easy to park, easy to drive, very economical, a good medium car for city and country
Very noisy when it rains, and no electric windows. Show details
Sunsetstar
Sunsetstar25 posts
  N16

Good

I purchased this car new in 2004 and it has been a very reliable vehicle. Many people have commented on what a nice vehicle it is. Servicing costs are quite reasonable. It is a nice change from a boring old hatchback style and is quite roomy overall.
Standard features of ABS brakes and dual airbags. It has a very decent-sized boot for a car of this class. It is excellent for highway driving and the fuel economy is good. The seats are very comfortable and it drives and rides smoothly.
I would have preferred the exterior appearance to be a bit more appealing, although I improved mine with a rear spoiler. No light in the glovebox, though! Show details
drifand
drifandWA, 6112185 posts
  N16

Good

Comparing this car with a Toyota Corolla, Lancer, the Nissan Pulsar falls into a very similar category except is much cheaper than the other 2 brands. I personally felt that the newer model was actually smaller. The engine power doesn't seem to impress me either, but it concerns me about Nissan's cars as they seem to consume a lot more fuel than other brands. Besides that, the car can come with power mirrors, rims optional. Personally the resale value isn't as good as a Corolla or a Lancer. The drive feels alright, recommended for people who just want a good reliable sedan.
Simple, great looks, good boots space reasonably priced
Rather high fuel consumption. Show details
Perthconsumer
PerthconsumerPerth, WA24 posts
  N16

Good

I bought the 2005 model second-hand and have been very happy with it. It drives beautifully. It has all the style of a Toyota Corolla but is a lot cheaper. I love my Pulsar and have no regrets buying it. The only problem I've had is the glove box falling off.
Looks great, good price, drives well.
Glove box keeps falling off. Show details
Cars

Find out how Nissan Pulsar compares to other Cars

JRMacKenzie
JRMacKenzie5 posts

OK

The car overall is excellent. We drive it on short trips about our home and it travels ~50 km during peak conditions and still returns good fuel efficiency.
The car as a good deal of power for a small engine. The handling of the vehicle is accurate and responsive - a sporty feel!
The columns about the windscreen obstruct some vision. The fabric used to cover the seats stains as you look at it - it is hopeless Show details
futagomama
futagomama3 posts
  N16

Good

Love my Pulsar, my girls are 1 now and we have coped with the lack of space but will need to get a larger car as they grow older.
Great look and great to drive. Incredibly reliable and economical.
Poor turning circle, we bought this car before starting a family only to then fall pregnant with two!! We have had to have the seats really far forward and two seats in the back with a pram in the boot leaves little room for much else, but it IS a hatch! Show details
moniquewoolley
moniquewoolleyQld, 41044 posts
  N16

Good

Has been a great car, comfortable to drive and plenty of power when needed to overtake or negotiate hills. Highly recommend this car.
Had the car now for 18 months, runs perfectly, easy to drive, handles long drives and hills easily. Well set out. Good size boot, and seat fold easily forward for extra storage space. Fantastic fuel consumption, the best I've had on a long drive is 6.7L/100km.
Has quite a large turning circle (my partner has a commodore with a smaller turning circle) this take a bit of getting use to. Cd player tend to skip while driving over bumps, so would reccomend installing your own Show details

Extra Information