Nissan X-Trail T31

Nissan X-Trail T31 (2008-2013)

Steven

StevenSydney, NSW

It literally fell apart!

My parents bought a brand-new X Trail in 2011. This car was immaculately looked after. Driven like an old man, kept incredibly clean inside and out, it was serviced before it’s due dates… nine years later, that’s right just nine years later, the transmission explodes. I’m only leaving this review because my dad takes such pride in what he owns and he looks after his things so incredibly well and it broke my heart to see him have to go through the stress and anxiety of having such an expensive machine simply fall apart.

Noise Level
BoughtNew
Year2011
Shirty

Shirty

Mechanically Pathetic

Unrepairable style auto transmission collapsed at 80000k just out of warranty. Throwaway
Cost $7000
Air conditioner compressor bearings failed at 11500k. Throwaway
Cost $1850
A country car one owner 95% of kms on open road. 5% city driving.
Towing of trailer to tip occasionally.
A shocker of a car.
NEVER EVER AGAIN

BadgeTi Luxury
Date PurchasedJul 2012
SPROCKET

SPROCKET

Never Buy A Nissan Bad Quality Bad Service Plenty Of Rust ... Yes Rust

Extremely disappointed with car extremely disappointed with nissan extremely disappointed with sutherland nissan . Car problems included rust , interior moulding , faulty seedo cluster , leaking interior when it rains . Unbeliveable !!!! Beware before you end regretting it as well . Worse choice I ever made . Will never buy that brand again . To top it off both nissan and dealer very unhelpful and refusing to carry out warranty work

BadgeST-L
TransmissionManual
Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Nissan X-Trail T31 compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

Les K.

Les K.

The most troublesome car I have ever owned!

Nearly 5 months with the engine light on and no cruise control. Repairs not carried out (under warranty) in accordance with the workshop manual. Unable to get genuine spare parts from Japan (diesel particulate filter) so they fitted an after market one. This fixed the problem for a while but then the dreaded engine light came back on again. Three visits and a total of 4 days in the workshop and the problem still not fixed. In the end I was forced to get rid of the car with less than 40000km on the clock before the warranty ran out. Sick of being lied to by the Coffs Harbour Nissan dealership.

BadgeTS

Diesel Engine needs replacement after 40,000km! Nissan refused to assist $1

Ron Turner

Ron Turner

Last Xtrail For me

2012 2.5 35.000 Klms has Bad piston slap Dealer states this is normal at that milage...This is my third and LAST Xtrail..back to Toyotas for me

Dissapointing X trail

we bought an X trail in 2010. A good car to buy if you dont do any 4wdriving.Its just a pretend 4wd. Knocked the underside of the car and did a cv joint. Nissan of course didn't want to know. The suspension is too low to the ground if you do any serious 4w driving. 35.000km and we cant wait to get rid of it!

an annoying whistling sound coming from the dash. Pretend 4wd. Have to dismantle the whole of the back to get at the spare tyre. Only getting 30,000km wear from a tyre.

iglooman
iglooman
Midsize / Medium SUVs

Find out how Nissan X-Trail T31 compares to other Midsize / Medium SUVs

geoff94Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

poor fuel economy

bought for trip to western australia towing a small poptop about 1.3 tonne it returned 19.5liters per 100klm consistley over 12000klm took it to dealer when when we returned with logbook & recs from service stations the only reply was they are a bit thirsty when towing talking to all owners can find to find out if this is normal fuel usage when towing
nice car
fuel economy

Ross11
Ross11

Have itrechecked we travelled around oz in 2006-2007 towing a small pop top around same weight and traveled 24770km,s at 13 .20lt,s per 100km or 21.07mpg
Ross in WA

Terrible

geoff94

we bought a 2011 st petrol auto to tow a small poptop aprox 1.5 tonne did 12000 klm it returned 19.5 liters per 100klm consistley nissan dealers answer they are a bit thirstey when towing can not wait to unload it

Frank
Frank

Thanks buddy. I was looking to buy a New Car. I have shortlisted Nissan X-Trail to the list. But its savers like you who pre warn is good for people like us to rush in like fools where angels fear to tread.... Thanks for this posting.

justin

justin asked

I have a 2011 t31

I’m getting little acceleration when starting, then when it goes into second gear power comes back

I’ve cleaned the maf which helped it idle better but still slow on start up.

I’ve topped up the transmission fluid which was a bit low... but still no acceleration until second gear... then car behaves normal

No engine lights are coming on, the only other symptom is fuel consumption is sitting at 14 when it used to around 10

When cold and in first gear I can put my foot to the floor with no revs... so I don’t think it’s the trans... hoping it’s something simple like spark plugs?

Also it’s due for 100k service

Justin

andrew
andrew

it needs a service mine did the same thing i just simply took it my local independent mechanic he changed the spark plugs, adjusted the throttle sensor & changed the filters & serviced the transmission. All good now

micheal
micheal

sounds like its about to go into limp mode mine did the exact same thing Nissan was never servicing it properly & cut corners never ever changed spark plugs, filters, or anything else but always charged for it. I ended up taking it to the local mechanic & he sorted it out in under 1 hour. Get it serviced...

Susan Dasked

T31 (2008-2013)

My battery went flat. I have not been able to put my code in because there seems to be no power to the radio. The screen s black

george
george

check the fuses

Susan Dasked

T31 (2008-2013)

How do I get the radio working after a flat battery. There are no lights showing it seems dead

wickedtatz
wickedtatz

You may need to go to a dealer so they can "re-code" the radio. Not sure if a auto electrician or mechanic can 're-code' them!

jpc43
jpc43

You need the code

Susan D

The radio is not showing any power/lights I have the code.

Compare all 25 Nissan X-Trail