Nivea Body Summer Beauty

Nivea Body Summer Beauty

Good product at reasonable price.

After not having much sun lately I decided to buy one of these for their not so noticable instant tan properties.  The cream looks like normal moisturiser but doesn't smell like it.  Unfortunately it has that tanning lotion smell.  Personally, I can't stand it as it doesn't disappear as the day goes on.  It's there until you wash it off.
However, it does work and my legs did look noticably more tanned, but not too dark, orange or streaked.
Works. Builds up a light tan in a reasonable amount of time.
The smell. If you're not a fan of tanning lotions you won't like this.

Good

I use this in summer, not for sun tanningbut a moisturise and i must say it makes my skin a little on the golden brown side. I ythink it is a wonderful product and will keep using this one each summer. My girl friend well she uses it year round. there is a nother one in a similar bottle and I use that in winter. All in all this is a very good product. Packaging is A!+ and the product is great and price wise well I think it is reasonable by far.
I am way past my suntanning days but I use this in simmer and it makes my skin not so white it makes it look light golden.

Good

I don't know about the supposed firming effects of this product, but the smell isn't bad (sort of apricot-y) and it looks natural. I have fair skin and bought the product for fair-medium skin tone; I'm not brown but I certainly am no longer pale, and it only took a few days. I would not recommend it for your face, but for body it does what it promises.
Inexpensive, non greasy, no streaking/blotchiness. Moisture + glow!
Very liquidy - can be messy to apply; doesn't absorb fast enough when it's humid. Not suitable for the face.

Terrible

Ok, the basis for the 1 star rating is the smell. It is hard to describe, but it does resemble the smell of clothes that have been forgotten in the washing machine for too long - it's kind of moldy. I tried using it twice - but even if the results had been good (which they aren't), I'd have thrown the product out (which is what I did). No cosmetics product has a right to smell like this!

Additionally, this is not a good tanning product. It doesn't get absorbed easily, the look is unnatural, and somehow - even after I've bothered to really even it out - it either doesn't show up at all or gets streaky. I imagine you have to stand naked for half an hour to get an even tan.

This is by far the worst product I've bought in years. Not recommended at all.
This must be one of the very few products that has no pros.
The smell... and the look.

Very impressed with this Nivea product. I thought I'd try it because it was on special (about $5) in the supermarket. I have tried expensive brands and this product compares well. Nivea smells better than Clarins. I used the Medium to Fair and was able to achieve quite a dark tan with daily application over one week. It is easy to apply; spreads and rubs in well; dries fairly quickly and does not stain clothes even if you dress straight away. Considering it is excellent value for money, I'll keep using it.
Easy application (quite runny); pleasant smell; good coverage; natural looking tan; price
Tan doesn't last as long as expensive brands

Terrible

I recently purchased Nivea Body Summer Beauty, being fair skinned and very white legs I read the lable of this product and it sounded like it was good. I applied the product and it says to wait until absorbed before allowing to come ino contact with clothing, half an hour later I could finally get dressed. I found that it was not an even colour and tends to go orange. I would not recommend this product as I do not believe it works as it states on the label.
can't think of any
Takes to long to absorb, turns skin orange color

I have been using this product since it first came on the market. At an average price of about $6 it is fantastic value. Cheap enough to use all the time. The results are so great that I haven't used anything else since.
Easy to apply without worrying about streaks. Drys quickly so there isn't too much waiting around to get dressed. Very natural looking tan. People don't realise I wear an artificial tan!
The new fragrance is an improvement, but the product does tend to return to its original (unpleasant) smell once you have applied it.

Terrible

I am usually a Nivea fan, but I don't like this at all. It doesn't absorb well but is really hard to get off your hands. The smell is terrible and doesn't go away all day. The colour is really orange too and builds up over knees and elbows and looks really messy. I didn't find it that moisurising either. You would be better off buying a standard fake tan because that's basically all this is - I don't agree that it's a moisturiser with a fake tan in it that "builds up over time". I had orange knees after the first use.
Easily available
Smell and colour

Bad

The first few times I used this product I found myself searching the house looking for where the cat had urinated, untill I realised it was just the smell of this product. Not only does it stink it has a dredfull orange colour. Only plus's is that it is easy to use and easily available and affordable.
Affordable and easy to use.
Turns you orange.

Good

Overall a great product from nivea, its a great price and the bottle lasts a long time and its not think so you have to keep re applying.
great product, great price and always available at supermarkets. I first tried it after receiving it for free at a ladies day at the races in sydney. It drys very quickly so it doesnt stain clothing. Its also a lovely consistancy so its easily rubbed in everywhere. Is a nice colour and the smell isnt too strong like other tanning products.
Dont apply for more than 3 days or so or it gets streaky and orange and you smell like a tanning salon too.

I was looking for a gradual tanner as other self tanning products I have used in the past just look fake on me. I love the gradual tan build up over 3 days. It smells great when it goes on but I cannot wait to wash it off at the end of the day! It ends up quite smelly. Overall though it creates a great natural looking tan without the fakeness with great coverage and no streaks. And for the price you cant go wrong. Highly reccomended
Great daily moisturiser while building up a gradual natural light tan. Economical
After-smell

Terrible

I initially had really high hopes for this gradual tanner, as I'm a big fan of Nivea, but I was extremely disappointed. On the first use it left me with an un natural and uneven orange tinge on my skin aswell as stains knees and elbows. It also has an awful after smell. Initially when you first apply it, it smells quite floral, but after an hour it smells musky and awful, just like the old self tanners from years ago. It does moisturise mildly, without feeling sticky or oily. I wouldn't recommend this for light skin.
Non sticky mild moisturisation without the oily feeling afterwards
Orange colour, Terrible smell, stains knees and elbows

Good

I purchased this product because Nivea is a reputable brand, and Johnsons holiday skin always left me streaky and uneven with a bad colour. When I tried this I loved it. It gave me a natural looking streak and blotch free tan - friends commented on how tan I was looking, they didnt even realise it was fake. I highly recommend buying a really good salt exfoliating scrub and applying in the shower right before you plan to tan. I have done this each time and my result has been great. I think the other reviewers have perhaps not exfoliated first which can definately result in an uneven, more orange coverage.
So exfoliate first! Also, I did not find the smell offensive at all. Smells better than holiday skin (johnsons).
I would recommend this product to just about anyone.
Natural looking colour
Not streaky
Not blotchy
Cute newly designed bottle
One bottle lasts for ages
Good consistancy of the moisturiser
Leaves skin soft and smooth
Standing naked for 30mins waiting for it to dry