Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sunscreen Lotion

Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sunscreen Lotion (page 2 of 6)

• Causes Irritation Yes (6) · No (8)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

This does NOT work!

My fair skinned family of five all liberally applied this sunscreen as per the directions. We all got burnt within the recommended 2 hrs. Whakatane New Zealand area.
I have never encountered such an ineffective sunscreen.

This product does not work

Bought this product and applied on my children as per instructions and they got BURNT. Never experienced this with any other product. I question whether it’s a genuine product. Avoid at all costs

Stained all my white cloth

I bought this product SPF30 and I could say that is an acceptable sunblock and affordable but it has very thick texture, and the worst for me was that it stained permanently all my white shirts and I couldn't recover them, so it cost me a lot.

Sun Protection & Care Products

Find out how Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sunscreen Lotion compares to other Sun Protection & Care Products

Rossi

RossiADELAIDE

Surf pumping- Sunblock a dumper

I surf a lot and apply this liberally according to the instructions and seem to always get burnt.
So do my mates when they use it.
Go buy another product as this is cheap but ineffective IMO.

Works great for me

David

DavidAustralia

Bad stains from your sunscreen

BEWARE OF NIVEA sun protect & moisture SP50+!

BEWARE OF THIS PRODUCT! Used Nivea sun protect & moisture SPF50+ while on holiday in Sydney. I was badly burnt despite reapplication every 90 minutes or so. My wife who has much darker skin and grudgingly used this as normally she uses SPF30 was burnt as well. It’s a disgrace! Compared with similar Australian products this product does not do the job it is supposed to. DO NOT BUY!

Leis

LeisGold Coast

All sunburnt after using it.

Would never use this sunscreen again if going swimming! Disgusted in this product, applied this to our two young children and myself and we have all got sunburnt. Not happy as I am always so careful with applying sunscreen and to end up so red, especially on our young kids is not on!

Glockie

GlockieChristchurch

Blocks sun and moisturises

I've used this sunscreen for years and have never been burnt while wearing it. Comparing my experience with friends that use other sunscreens, they get burnt and blame themselves for not putting on enough of their own sunscreen - I think they should just use Nivea.
Also, when I go away on holiday, I don't need to take a moisturiser because Nivea moisturises as well.
I've tried Nivea on my face and although it works well as a sunscreen, it's a bit too oily for my face and that's the only downside.

Great product..store below 30c

I use this product regularly. My skin has improved. No burning. Great product if stored correctly. Be careful and read all instructions..store below 30 degrees C. Not in the car 24/7.

Stained White Shirt

I've been using this product (SPF 30) for a number of years and have had no real issues regarding its efficiency and sun protection however when my girlfriend applied the product on our recent beach holiday and then wore a white over shirt to the beach the sunscreen stained her shirt so badly yellow in various patches it couldn't be removed even after bleaching. I'll be submitting a complaint to the manufacturers

Dommo
Dommo
Tri

TriAuckland

My six year old had an allergic reaction to the new formula

We've used product in the past with no problems, however when I applied some from a new bottle to my six year old daughter's arms, her arms came out in a bubbly rash which got progressively worse over the next 5 days. This was extremely itchy to the point of bleeding and her arms still look terrible 8 days on. Looking through the list of ingredients on the old bottle compared to the new one I see Nivea have added a preservative called chlorphenesin, which it seems is a known allergen. We definitely won't be using this formula again!

Sian

Sian

Disgusted

Yesterday I purchased the 50+ sunscreen in the spray bottle, we went to the beach today my 14 year old son, his friend and a 37 year old friend of mine that all used the sunscreen are all so burnt even after they had reapplied after swimming and throughout the say I had them sitting in the shade when they were not swimming. I normally use La Tan 30+ and have never had an issue before today. Needless to say I am unimpressed with product and extreamly upset with the response I received when I contacted Nivea.

Chemical burns!!!

I came home to my dad who's arms were BLEEDING along with his face and neck where he had also applied this sunscreen. We wiped off the sunscreen and a brown substance had come off his arms. His arms no longer looked as burnt as they did with this sunscreen on but were still very red and parts of the skin swollen. This product shouldn't even be on the market.

E mcc

E mccMelbourne

Very disappointed - we are all burnt

Think a swim in the ocean washed every little bit of the sunscreen off. We all got burnt - all five of us. I don’t think this sunscreen has any water resistance!!

aycalol

aycalolchicago

It was OK

I used that one this summer and it protected.
However I found it very oily, it left an oily feeling on my skin which was disturbing.
If I think about the price and value I think it worths.

Pale Skin

Pale SkinGlenrothes

Disaster

Used factor 30 last year. Found myself with a rash on arms neck and chest where I had applied sunscreen. Really thought I had come into something that caused a rash not associating it with Nivea as good reputation etc. Now having this week experienced the following realise that what I suffered last year was due to Nivea. Last week wasn't even sitting in the sun but thought I should apply sunscreen just in case sun moved round and caught me. Had a hat on. Within an hour all the areas I had applied the Nivea 30 were red, hot and itchy. Has taken 4 days to start reducing. Used antihistamine cream to relieve itching. Have bought factor 30 and 50 - all going in bucket. Do not want to experience that again.

Adie

AdieArran

Left me with hives

Have used this a few time and I kept getting hives on my feet, thought at first it was possibly my footwear, but it happens every time I use it regardless of what i wear on my feet. Contacted Nivea about it 3 times without a reply.

Do not use

This product is terrible if I wish I could give it zero stars i thought I would give this product ago as my daughter swims a lot and people are saying stay away from banana boat (I normally use the sports one on her) I applied it on my daughter and hour before her squad training when she finished her training so only 45 minutes in the pool she was badly sun burnt never has she been burnt like that do your self a favour don’t buy or use this product.

No protection

First time using this as we typically use Banana Boat for sun protection. Having had good experiences with NIVEA products in the past we thought we might give this product a shot. Now regretting this decision...

We applied 2 liberal coats over 3 hour period at the beach. Followed the instructions to the letter by waiting 20 minutes before exposing our skin to the sun. Even then we were still badly sun burnt afterwards. I don't recommend this sun screen to anyone. NIVEA typically make good products but this is not one of them!! Stay away from this one if you want real protection.

See all Nivea Sun Protect & Moisture Sunscreen Lotion reviews