No Pong

No Pong (page 2 of 4)

Bicarb Free and Original

See the Best Deodorants & Body Sprays in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Theresa J.

Theresa J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Actually works

I use this because it actually works. Being natural is definitely a great thing.

As to opening the lid, you are not supposed to pry it off, you squeeze the sides and the lid pops open. Still tricky and doesn't always work. I actually messaged the company asking about the lid.

This stuff is AMAZING

I switched to no pong about 3 years ago, after trying every deodorant on the market, getting frustrated with either irritated underarms or it wearing off within a few hours. I recommend no pong to everyone I can, it honestly is incredible stuff!

Paula

PaulaPalmwoods

Itchy red rash ... did I mention itchy?!!

I love this product and used it successfully for a while before it started to affect my underarms - they became so so itchy and red, same story for my husband, daughter, sons. It seems to be quite common, wondering if it affects the normal flora of your armpits? I don't know but I use to love it, but it doesn't love me!

Purchased in April 2019 at Online.

Perfect.

I’ve found the perfect natural deodorant. It is light and compact in size, feels great on the skin, lovely faint smell. Just a wonderful product all round. Ten out of ten.

Purchased in January 2018 at Discount Natural Health Products for $9.99.

Mel

MelMajura 2609, ACT

Really works but the packaging is awful

This deodorant is pretty fantastic, both the original and bicarb work well for me. The tin it comes in however is incredibly difficult to open. People with arthritic hands would have zero chance of being able to open this product. Never put moisturiser on before attempting to open the tin either as you need completely dry hands to have any hope of opening the tin. I want to continue using No Pong, however the tin is too much hassle. Changing to a screw top or any other type of container that doesn't require levering off with fingernails would make the product more accessible to everyone.

Purchased in January 2017.

Deeb

DeebPerth, WA

Didn’t work for me

I had high hopes for this product. It has a nice smell but didn’t stop me ponging. I work in an office all day long in air conditioned comfort. I didn’t think I had a problem with BO until I swapped my normal deodorant for no pong. I could smell myself - not a good sign. I’m now using a natural deodorant I bought locally which has bicarbonate and seems to work. I didn’t try no pong with bicarbonate which might have worked better.

Purchased in March 2019.

Joanne

JoanneSydney, NSW

I wanted to love it, but I can't.

I wanted to love this product, I really did.
And there are many things to love, it smells fantastic and it does work.

However, applying a thick paste to your armpits is just not nice. Its hard to spread under the arm, I'm sure I ended up using way to much, wondering if I had covered the whole area. Your hands are left sticky and greasy so you have to wash them. You obviously wouldnt want to re apply during the day, I mean YUK, touching sweaty pits to reapply.

If this came in a roll on, or stick, it would be fabulous, but it doesn't and the application side of it has meant I won't be purchasing this again.

Also the tin lid, can be hard to open, I broke a nail trying.

Purchased in December 2018 at No pong for $8.95.

Maggie

Maggie

Fantastic

I have super sensitive skin and have struggled to find an effective deodorant I can use. Aerosols are particularly bad for me. I have been using No Pong for 6 months and LOVE it!

Purchased in January 2019.

An awesome deodorant, actually works!

I first chose this deodorant as the packaging was plastic free. I was skeptical as I'd tried a different natural deodorant that hadn't worked too well for me. But this one is amazing! It actually works and lasts all day. I even did PT for an hour and it was fine! I love the lemongrass scent and it's super easy to apply (unlike the other one which went really hard in the colder weather). Will definitely be recommending to everyone!

Purchased in June 2019.

Evelina

EvelinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Amazing product, never using anything else

Really effective. I discovered it about a year and a half ago, and will never use anything else again. I have told all my friends about it. I ended up living overseas the last 12 months and introduced my friends to the product. All of them are messaging me asking for me to bring lots back with me to Berlin.

Purchased in January 2018 for $5.99.

Roslyn L.

Roslyn L.South West, WA

No Pong is so true!

Since using No Pong, I no longer have bad BO, shower twice a day or have to put up with ghastly deodorants. My family and I are loving No Pong!

Purchased in May 2019 at No Pong for $6.99.

Alien

AlienSydney

It works but leaves chalky white makes on black clothing

It prevented odour and leaves my armpit smelling citrus fresh. A bit clumsy to apply (I don't like dipping my fingers into a pot). Unfortunately it leaves white chalky marks on my black clothes.

Purchased in April 2019.

figgy

figgyVictoria

My go to deodorant

I’ve been using various brands of natural deodorants for fifteen years, and since discovering No Pong eight months ago at my local health foods store, it’s now the product I return to buy each time.
There have been no skin issues for me with this deodorant, and it is easy to apply.
I find it to be very effective, even on the most humid of days, and will continue to use it with confidence.

Purchased in May 2019 at Wholefood Merchants.

Jess J.

Jess J.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Started off great, until i had an allergic reaction

Having Dermatitis i am very restricted to what deodorant i can use, im only able to use Rexona Clinical but only the ' Sheer Powder'. So i tried No Pong original and Bicarb free......

First week was great loved the smell, worked well in 35 degree heat but then unfortunately i started reacting to it. Before i realised the rash was from this, it had spread all down my arms, across my chest and to my hips - Thanks Dermatitis!!

Just be extra extra careful if you suffer from a skin sensitivity, as im currently covered in steriod cream and almost in tears dealing with the aftermath :(

Purchased in March 2019 at No pong for $7.50.

mitchger

mitchgerSydney, NSW

Great, but that rash..

I was so excited to try this as a plastic free alternative. I found it to be very effective - even in summer, however I too developed a seriously itchy rash. I gave it a break and returned unfortunately to find the same result. My partner as well as my sister and her husband all experienced this rash (100% of us) and none of us would describe ourselves as sensitive skin people.

Purchased in November 2018.

Jordan B.

Jordan B.South East Queensland, QLD

The best natural deodorant on the market!

I’ve tried many bi carb free natural deodorant pastes (as I tend to come up in a rash if I use the original formula) and have found that No Pong actually works! Keeps BO at bay all day long and leaves you smell super fresh. Love the minimal sustainable packaging and arrived in 2 days. Could not recommend enough.

Purchased in February 2019 for $6.99.

Coll

CollPerth, WA

Works but stains clothes

I love this, have been using it for about a year. Unfortunately I now have dark oil stains under the armpits of all my clothes. The effect has been cumulative, and I will need to replace most of my work tops now. I will be going back to chemicals unfortunately.

Purchased in January 2019 for $7.99.

No Pong - does what it says on the tin

I recently decided to give No Pong a go. I live in Brisbane. Temps during the day are still reaching mid to high twenties and the humidity levels are also high. The first day I wore No Pong to work, our air conditioning broke down. We all sweated like freaking athletes for a good three hours until the problem was fixed.

Did I pong? No, I did not. In fact No Pong held up better than my usual deodorant would have in the circumstances (and definitely better than a lot of people I was trapped with. Yikes.)

I really love the product (and have also converted my teenage daughter who now doesn’t smell like teenager any more.)

Purchased in April 2019.

Left me with a red rash within 3 days

I wanted to like this product as my sister loves it. She gave me some to try, but within 3 days my armpits were bright red and burning. I heard some people with sensitive skin had this reaction but I did think I had sensitive skin. It did smell nice.

Purchased in February 2019.

Causes Irritation Yes

handles a full day in the Aussie sun

Very happy with this Australian made product. I work at the markets doing very long hot physical days . I am very happy with this product and would recommend to anyone. I can not afford to offend customers in my store with bad BO so this is a great product. I love the companies mindfulness towards the environment . i only wish the labels were removable for re purposing. Can't have everything. oh and its posted to my door , winner

Purchased in November 2018 for $7.95.

Ros M.

Ros M.asked

No Pong Original

Love this product but my armpits are turning blackish. Why is this? Not sure I'll be able to use it in summer with sleeveless tops

M Ng
M Ng

Try washing armpits with fresh lemons.

Petaasked

I have been using No Pong original for 2 years now and have found it super effective. The last tin I bought seemed a bit thicker (maybe due to cold weather) but I was wondering if anything had changed in the ingredients as I have had a skin reaction in my armpits. I'm not usually sensitive to things. Thanks, Peta

Merry
Merry

Hi Peta
I am unsure if anything has changed in the ingredients, they are listed on the tin, so would assume they are the same. I am new to using this product and I am very impressed it does what it says, keeps odour away. As an aromatherapist, my theory with the skin reaction on your armpits and thicker in consistency is that maybe a particular batch wasn't mixed properly, for example sweet orange oil which is an ingredient, in too high concentration will cause a skin reaction. I had a small bottle of orange essential oil in my pocket one day and the lid was not on properly and it leaked causing a burn like redness on my skin and a stinging sensation which remained for a few days. Maybe use a little less in each application of your current tin and mix well in your hand pre application. Hope this helps.

Thanks Merry

Persis
Persis

Hi All,

I cannot rave about this product more. I sweat excessively which causes odor and I have finally found a product that works...but when I got my next shipment, it was a bit thicker and has now caused a severe irritation under my arms...almost like a burn.

Can we send it back and get another batch?

anon

anonasked

I just purchased No pong (bought 2 tins) and I have a red rash after 24hrs of using. Is there anything you would suggest to help or should I just stop using it/

Archie
Archie

I had a similar reaction so I stopped using!

No Pong Bicarb Free