Noa Home The Noa

Noa Home The Noa Questions & Answers

Queen, King, Double, etc...
Listing monitored by Noa

32 questions from our users

Haah103
Haah103asked

Thank you!

Tara L.
Tara L.asked

Hi Tara,

Thank you for writing us and for your interest in our mattress selection.

Chrissie D.
Chrissie D.asked
The Noa

Edit: I tried the Koala mattress and found it to be too soft and unsupportive.

Hi Chrissie,

Nozomi F.
Nozomi F.asked

Hi,

Will this affect the product?

Rgds

Hi Nozomi,

Thanks for reaching out to us :)

We don't recommend keeping the mattress in the box for more than a month.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Regards,

Holly B.asked
The Noa

Hi, I'm looking at mattresses for my toddlers first 'big bed'. Is the Noa too firm for toddlers who obviously way alot less than adults?

Sally J.
Sally J.

My grandson has a Noa mattress, they said it’s great, they also chose it because it was the best for kids with allergies

Thanks Sally!

Hi Holly,

Thank you for writing us and for your interest in our mattress selection.

Our mattresses are great for children and adults alike, and have been purchased by many parents across all the countries in which we operate.

If you're looking for a softer mattress, we would recommend going with our Noa mattress.

Rachaelasked

Hi there,
We recently purchased a Noa mattress and bed frame. The bed frame sits flush against the wall, but the mattress sits a few inches away from this inside the frame. We’ve checked the instructions and this seems to be how it is made. This means pillows just start to creep behind. It’s really quite uncomfortable. Is this how it should be?? Have we missed something?

Hi Rachael,

First and foremost, we would like to sincerely thank you for your most recent purchase with us.

We can assure you that the space around your mattress is completely normal.

Our mattresses and bed frames are designed for country specific sizes (mattresses, bed frames and bedding / linens). When designing a product, we must keep in mind that customers across the country may be using mattresses from other brands (some of which are thicker in height and width). Additionally, in the mattress industry, there is typically a tolerance of +/- 3 to 5 cm as these products are handmade.

In other words, this additional 3-5cm on the length and width are there purposefully. Lastly, we must be mindful of some customers using different types of linens and in some cases tucking in thick duvet covers and sheets. Brief, inner mattress areas are rarely the exact dimensions of the mattress - manufacturers always add a little for flexibility (either for thicker mattresses or tucking in sheets / quilts / duvets).

If there's absolutely anything else that we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Rachael

Unfortunately I think you have misunderstood my query. I completely understand that there could need to be a design to accommodate a 3-5cm around the mattress in the frame. This is not the issue. The issue is that there is a huge gap at the headboard end against the wall which means that pillows fall behind. I will take photos to show. I think it is potentially a design fault that many others would have experienced.
We are contemplating returning the product unfortunately.
Thank you for yo response, we really appreciate you coming back to us.

Roberto P.asked
The Noa

Have purchased a Noa mattress over 3 weeks ago and have no news as to delivery date, can someone please let me know what phone number can i call? Thanks

Darn
Darn

The phone number I tried just went to a voicemail, I don't think they check it.
I was able to get a faster response by going through the sales process on the site and then using the cat feature.
Good luck, I cancelled mine after just over 2 weeks of them not delivering and giving me the runaround.

Hi Roberto,

Thanks so much fo reaching out to us on Product Review - we did get in touch with you by email yesterday and have noticed that your order has been successfully delivery since :)

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us at any time if we can be of further assistance to you.

Hi Maggie,
Thanks for the update, yes surprisingly after waiting for 3 weeks and sending this post last Sunday I was contacted the following day Monday and delivery of the NOA mattress occurred, was initially surprised to see mattress being delivered in a rollup box, but once opened it automatically inflated and yesterday was our first night sleep on the same, all good so far. Thanks

Patricia P.
Patricia P.asked
The Noa

Hello, I am considering purchasing a "Lite" or "Noa" mattress and have a few questions:

- As per the website, the "lite' mattress is rated an 8 and the "Noa" mattress is rated a 7 in the scale of firmness. Does the firmness differ because of the extra layer of gel memory foam in the "Noa"?
- I would ideally prefer a firmer mattress but will I be feeling the coil more in the "lite" without the extra layer of memory foam?
- I can see that the perimeter is foam rather than something more rigid like spring. Will the perimeter sagged more quickly as a result of that and won't last.

Many thanks,

Hi Patricia,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing your questions with us, we'll be happy to help :)

1. The key difference that the Noa mattress has to offer is its latex layer, which offer extreme comfort, bounce and breathability while sleeping. In turn, this is definitely the reason why it's rated as softer than the Lite.
2. You should certainly not feel the layer of pocket springs, even without the extra latex layer.
3. Our mattresses have good soft edge support however, due to the fact that the products are compressed and rolled, it is impossible (structurally) to use a steel perimeter along the edge (in the mattress) like traditional mattresses.

Please let us know if this information helps, or if there's anything else that we can assist you with!

Richard S.
Richard S.asked
The Noa

Recently purchased a double mattress in a box from you, will not be using it for 3 weeks, In which position shoul the box stand, flat or upright meantime?

Hi Richard,

First and foremost, on behalf of the entire team at Noa, we'd like to thank you for your order.

We would recommend placing the box flat if possible, while not in use.

If there's anything else that we can assist you with in the meantime, please let us know :)

Tommy M.
Tommy M.asked
The Noa

Can your Noa mattress be used on a adjustable reclining bed

Hi Tommy,

Thank you for writing us and for your interest in our mattress.

Based on prior experience, the Noa mattress is not recommended for adjustable bed frames.

Kate
Kateasked

Hi there,

Can you advise whether it is safe to use an electric blanket with the Noa mattress please?

Hi Kate,

Thank you for writing us and for your interest in our mattress.

An electric blanket may be used with our mattress however, we recommend one that has a shutoff mechanism to prevent the blanket from overheating and/or catching fire.

Jan
Janasked
The Noa

where can I find reviews of Noa Lite mattress?

Maggie H.Noa

Hi Jan, thanks for reaching out to us :)

We recently launched our Lite mattress a few weeks ago and typically request for customers to review their mattress after a few weeks of trying it.

We'll definitely be sharing reviews on your new Lite mattress very soon both on Product Review as well as our website.

If you have absolutely any further questions regarding our products and / or service offerings, please let us know and we'll be happy to help.

Shannon. M
Shannon. Masked
The Noa

With the 100 day returns trial, does the return have to be picked up from the same shipping address?
My partner and I are likely to be moving within the 100 day trial period and are wondering if we are required to return the mattress if we are able to return it from our new address which is in a different part of NSW?
Thanks.

Hi Shannon,

We'll be more than happy to collect the mattress, if need be, from your new address :)

Simply let us know if the address has changed if and when you make a return request.

If you have any further questions, please let us know!

Michael J.
Michael J.asked
The Noa King

Hi, is your mattress compatible with adjustable bed bases? Have you had any reports or experiences of customers using the bed with an adjustable base?

SP23Bunny

I only have a slat bed so couldn't answer that question.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing your question!

Mary M.
Mary M.asked
The Noa

How long does a newly purchased Noa mattress need to be on a bed base before I can lie on it?

SP23Bunny

We only had ours on the bed for three hours before laying on it.

Hi Mary,

That's a great question! The mattress requires 30-60 seconds for the mattress to magically expand, and is ready for immediate use. We recommend waiting 2-3 days for the product to reach its optimal form and comfort.

Scott M.
Scott M.asked

Isn't polyurethane toxic?

Hi Scott,

Thank you for writing us.

All foam materials in our mattress (including the transition layer and base foam) - essentially all components with the exception of the pocket springs - are REACH certified and/or OEKO Tex Standard 100 Certified.

- Natural latex: 2cm (OEKO TEX Standard 100 Certified)
- Gel infused memory foam: 4cm (REACH Certified)
- Adaptive transition pad: 0.5cm (REACH Certified)
- Pocket springs: 16cm
- Adaptative transition pad: 0.5cm
- Bottom support foam: 2cm (REACH Certified)
- Perimeter encasing: 9cm (around the pocket springs) - (REACH Certified)
- TENCEL cover and bottom quilt: 2cm (OEKO TEX Standard 100 Certified)

Furthermore, we use water-based adhesives that are eco-friendly and far safer (in comparison to other glues). Our product is also:

- Low volatile organic compound emissions (VOCs)
- Made without PBDEs, TDCPP and other flame retardants
- Made without mercury and lead
- Made without formaldehyde or phthalates

Allison M
Allison Masked
The Noa King

I am looking at purchasing the Noa Hybrid but have a few questions!
How heavy is the mattress?
What zone are the pocket springs?
Is there side support on the edges of the mattress?
How often should you rotate the mattress?
Thankyou....Allison

Hi Allison,

Thanks so much for reaching out, I'd be more than happy to answer your questions :)

1. The springs in the Noa mattress are individually pocketed but not "zoned".

In fact however, when multiple comfort layers (such as our natural latex and cooling gel memory foam) are placed atop a pocket spring support layer, "zoning" benefits are not as enjoyed by the user as opposed to a pocket spring only mattress - in which the user sleeps directly atop the different zones of pocket springs. This is just a way to charge more for a feature users will hardly notice.

As newer mattresses incorporate more diverse components and layers, providing a clear answer on the impact of a single material (i.e. springs) is becoming increasingly more difficult (i.e. coil count is important for innerspring-only mattresses).

Brief, your sleep experience is influenced by the interaction of all layers as one rather than any singular layer on its own.

2. The Noa mattress has good soft edge support however, due to the fact that the product is compressed and rolled, it is impossible (structurally) to use a steel perimeter along the edge (in the mattress) like traditional mattresses.

3. We recommend rotating the mattress 180 degrees every 3-6 months.

Rudi N.
Rudi N.asked
The Noa

How long after we opened the mattress can we sleep on it? The website says immediately but wont it interfere with the expansion?

Maggie H.Noa

Hi Rudi, using your mattress the same day you've received it won't interfere with its expansion however, we do recommend allowing 2-3 days for it to reach its optimal form and comfort.

You may also wait 2-3 days and leave the mattress uncovered before using it for the first time if this would give you piece of mind :)

Colin Hayes
Colin Hayesasked
The Noa

when its new does it have a strong odour

Adrian
Adrian

I can't recall any strong odour when I slept on it the first time.

Jane
Jane

It had a new smell for approx. one week. I am very sensitive to smell as am having chemotherapy at the moment but it was tolerable and once the underlay and bedding was laundered once it was gone.

Hi Colin,

Thank you for sharing your question.

Once you receive the mattress, there will be a "new" smell, which should go away within a few days.

You may even let the mattress air out without any linens for 2-3 days before using it.

Please let us know if we can provide you with any additional information! :D

With regards,

Anita9asked
The Noa Queen

Hi there is an ensemble bed base ok to use with a noa mattress?

Anita

Hi Anita,

Thank you for writing us.

The NOA mattress is extremely versatile and may be used on a slatted or platform bed frame, on the floor or with a box spring.

There is no preferred setup beyond your own personal preferences.

We truly designed our product to suit the large majority of body types, sleeping positions and setups.

Great thank you

Get an answer from our members and Noa representatives

Noa Home The Noa