Nobby's Salted Beer

Nobby's Salted Beer (page 2 of 3)

sav

sav

The Worst

For years Nobbys beer nuts were the absolute best but not any more. The cause of the problem is that a few years ago they started using Chinese peanuts which like all Chinese food products are cheap junk. The ones to avoid are the large supermarket packets. If you want the real thing you will have to buy one of the little packets from a pub vending machine. They are Australian nuts that taste just like they did 30 years ago but not very good value at $2.20 for 45 grams.

Alan V

Alan VShepparton

No More

Over the last several years, the nobbies beer nuts has become stale tasting and lack any oiliness. I have thrown several nearly full packets into the rubbish.
I will not be buying any more.
I now get my beer nuts from a small supplier (using local nuts).

Disappointed nut lover

Unfortunately have to agree with most of the detrimental comments re the change of Nobbys beer nuts.They were a favorite of my wife and myself for years until recent times. Cannot put my finger on it but the change in taste and quality has turned me off buying them.Every now and then I think maybe they have woken up and improved the product back to the way they used to be ,but still no change . I will not be purchasing them again.

Unbelievable

Grown up eating Nobbys nuts.. All of a sudden it has all changed. SOO SAD. They were no worries the best of the best. Now sad to say, they have changed that much that now we buy Coles brand.. And they are better for sure , but not the Nobbys that I know.. Come on Nobbys.. Produce again what we all love.

not Happy with nobbys.

I always buy the beer nuts I love them but lately I have found that they change from packet to packet some taste real fresh with a shiny coating and the next time they are dull and seem stale. I always check the use by date. not happy.

Perwood

PerwoodSouth East Queensland, QLD

New packaging, has it improved the quality? was the feedback used?

After some time I have noted new packaging for the beer nuts, optimistically I purchased to try them again and was there an improvement I ask.

Well seems as though there is an improvement, perhaps they are listening, perhaps its my optimism but certainly tasted fresher and tasted like a roasted nut without odd after taste as before - status is improving 3 stars
I will await to test over 6 months and update :)

Stephen H

Stephen HMelbourne

Disgusting taste

Dry and tasteless now. They used to be my only purchase but never again. They remind me of the cheap and nasty peanuts. Very clever to have them in an opaque packet as the look was the first to catch my attention. Sorry but after years of purchases, I will be looking for another brand.

Jenny

Jenny

Noted a positive change in flavour

I have purchased nobbles beer nuts twice recently and have noted that the freshness and flavour of the nuts has improved. Not back to the past high standard but ok.

Vin

VinSydney, NSW

Lost good old taste!

It was my favourite till they downgraded its quality, now it tastes like any other home brand nut for premium price!

Gone to the pack

What were once tasty and morish are now dry and tasteless. Had not had them for a while and have been disappointed with the last 3 purchases, will not be buying unless we hear some positive feedback

Col

ColBirkdale

Pretty terrible

I thought the same as a lot of others who have reviewed here, just a bad batch. Next packet was the same and the one after that. The new taste is similar to a stale nut or one that has been cooked in rancid oil, but the use by date is still current. Can't imagine what has happened to their quality control that they are selling them and not dumping them. Still love peanuts, but won't be buying Nobbys beer nuts again

Stale and taste horrible

I totally agree with everyone. The quality has dropped so badly and yet the supermarket are selling it. I too have stopped buying it.

Stale and Burnt Nuts - Purchased from Woolworths at Top Ryde

I loved these Beer nuts but after THREE packets, it's just turned me OFF. The first packet was burnt nuts and the other two were stale although it has a date on the packet which reads, "Best Before 29 May 2016".

Never again. Now I purchase them from the Markets.

Tasting yuk

We have been buying these for a long time, but have stopped because they are nothing like they used to be. The taste is very very different. Such a real shame. We bought so many packs each week, but no more. Manufacturing must be using different oil or flavour or something. It's not good.

BugsSouthern and Hills, SA

I agree

I'm 71 years of age and there is no way the peanuts are anywhere near as good as they used to be. I'm throwing mine in the bin.

Bugs

Update... I have just found and bought a packet of raw Kingaroy Australian peanuts from Woolworths!

Bugs

Roasted the Woolworths peanuts the other day at 180 C for 12+ minutes. They tasted fresher than the Royal Nut Co. nuts (and no postage costs).

Graeme H

Graeme HIpswich QLD

What has happened to Nobby Beer Nuts

I have been using Nobby Beer Nuts for years. I'm 61 years old so figure it out. Since the change in nuts - has to be the imported - the taste has been, quite frankly, crap (excuse the French). Have stopped buying this. Will look at purchasing when Nobby starts using Australian peanuts as before. Price has increased dramatically but quality assurance has gone down. What was Nobby thinking? Do they even taste before they use? Don't think so.

Sandringham10Melbourne

Looks like Chinese nuts are being used - no longer Australian

This foreign owned company, Smith's Snackfoods appears now to be using Chinese peanuts rather than Australian. The packaging says 'imported.'

The nuts are noticeably smaller than previously. They are not as good tasting.

The Australian peanut crop from Kingaroy and Mareeba in Queensland has declined in tonnage, probably due to lower rainfall recently, but even so is about 20000 tonnes per year - I looked it up.

Why can't this company use better quality Australian origin peanuts?

As an aside, Woolworths had these on speacial (375 gram packs) at two for $5 so that must tell us how sales are going of this product.

Sandringham10

No more Nobbys Nuts for me!

I was happy to pay for a top product. Used to be my favourite nuts. They are now terrible!! Thought just a bad batch but are consistently the same bad nuts. Poor quality and dry with not the same flavour but just as expensive. Nobby should hang his head in shame!

Allenfremantle

AllenfremantlePerth, WA

No more Nobbys in this house.

I have been enjoying Nobbys beer nuts with an ale after work for years. Until reading this I honestly thought my taste had changed. Thought it must be me, especially after throwing out 2 packs and the 3rd tasted the same. Thanks everyone for confirming that its the nuts. Nobbys, you Bone Heads!!! Where is your pride. Clearly the wallet is your motivator. It's bloody un-Australian. Mr Nobby, ask yourself, how much is enough?

Too much salt!

I agree with the other reviews in that the quality leaves something to be desired.
For me, the biggest issue was the atrocious amount of salt used. Way too much. They might as well sell chunks of salt instead.

Peter

Peterasked

Have you go some new guy fresh out of uni trying to make a name for himself with a new formula for your beer nuts.?... Get bloody rid of him.. I just bought a packet it it tastes like used sox...... what the hell are you guys doing !!!???

Michael K.

Michael K.asked

Are they Australian grown and produced?

Clayton H.
Clayton H.

Newzeland

FredBit
FredBit

No, Nobbys is owned and manufactured by Smiths Snack Foods. They are a UK company who are
now owned by the US company PepsiCo.

Em Eljisriasked

Why the salted beer nuts peanut was the best in Australia and now is the worst?

jklw
jklw

Original nuts were larger tasty slightly oily salty excellent now small hard tasteless a different breed of nut probably for more profit Regards Jim

leusac
leusac

Jklw is totally right. Nobbys beer nuts used to be large, tasty and flavorsome and I believe Australian peanuts and Australian made, now they seem to be the worst quality imported nuts to increase their profits. Small peanuts, tasteless and rancid with a ton of salt. To me it seems the worst business strategy they ever made as they will be losing customers. The happy nut co sells beer nuts made from Australian peanuts and of better quality than Nobbys current rubbish quality peanuts.

Em Eljisri

What made noobys peanut from the best in Australia to the worst:
Less oil, less roasting, almost raw, hard, not crunchy, smaller low quality peanuts and hard to chew.
Who did this?
I think nobody in the production line tasted it, didn't your kid or wife tell about this?