Nobby's Salted Beer

Nobby's Salted Beer

Ian Black

Ian BlackCentral Queensland, QLD

No More Nuts.

I used to enjoy a packet of Nobby's beer nuts with a few beers after work for many years and they were oily and roasted just right but they have become dry and tasteless in recent years and I have put many packets in the rubbish bin and vowed to never buy them again.

Purchased in January 2021 at Woolworths for $3.50.

mica

micaDarwin, NT

Rancid

Tastes and smells rancid,DZVD 19:51 Exp 21 Mar 21, Coles happily swapped with same expiry and code but still tastes the same.

Purchased in November 2020 at Coles for $3.90.

Nobby’s beer nuts

What’s with the beer nuts now. Absolutely terrible won’t be buying another packet of these again. They use to be great but not anymore.

MarkLand

MarkLandSouth East Queensland, QLD

What on earth have you done to these once great beer nuts.!!

My wife just brought me home a packet of Nobbys Beer Nuts as a treat. What a major let down. Why is it the big corporates buy smaller company's because they make great products and then they get control and think they either know better or the bean counters suggest changing the source product or recipe to save a little money to maximise profits. In the end they bugger the product, lose their loyal customers and end up not making the money the analysts told them they would. They either wake up and have to rebuild the customer base or sell it back to the original owners at a loss. Wake up before you bugger this great brand and stop listening to the noisy minority.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Physical store.

cloak n daggers

cloak n daggersDarling Downs, QLD

A politically correct (healthy) beer nut.

It’s 2020 and what have we come to. A healthy beer nut! It tastes bland and isn’t the slightest bit moorish, ever when quaffing a beer.
If this is the future of nuts then Nobby is going to be getting his nuts nibbled a whole lot less around here I’m afraid.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths.

Absolutely discussing I complain to the company a couple of years ago and all they could do was send me a $10 voucher

No oil no salt and under cooked they taste stale I throw away full large packets in the bin

Roger

RogerSouth East Queensland, QLD

They have definitely changed for the worse

I used to love Nobby’s beer nuts. They were roasted so the oil oozed out over the nut and the salt stuck along with the husk.
Now dry hard and tasteless. Sad

Purchased in May 2020.

Mark

Mark

Dog wont even eat beer nuts

What has gone wrong with Nobby's salted beer nuts. They are dry , tasteless and have no salt. Another good product gone bad. I cant say gone to the dogs because they wont eat them either.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $3.80.

FredBitSouth East Queensland, QLD

After four years ... Improvement? - No! Worse

I wrote a review on these nuts four years ago and said I'd never buy them again. Against my better judgement I recently decided to buy a packet. They're even worse now - dry, lacking in salt, hard, tasteless! Nobbys ... take your product off the market, it really is rubbish!

@[name removed] - You say Smiths (who currently own and manufacture Nobbys) is a New Zealand company. No, Smiths is an English company that in turn is owned by PepsiCo.

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for $3.50.

Clayton H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Please change back

Not enough oil not enough salt.Before it was hard to stop eating them now I just threw them in the bin

Purchased in January 2020 at Woolworths.

Jeffrey G.

Jeffrey G.

Nobby's Salted Beer Nuts

Being a New Zealand company they have been taken over by the left wing PC, you will do what I think is best nut jobs.
If I wanted unsalted un-oil roasted nuts I would have bought Cole raw nuts. A lot cheaper and tastes the same.
I will not be buying them again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

NutsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

what happened to Nobby's nuts?

The packet looks the same, but the content is an inferior imitation of the original. How can a food product just simply change without explanation? "Made in Australia from at least 97% Australian ingredients"but by a NZ. company. Please explain.

Purchased in April 2019 at Foodland for $4.00.

Mee2

Mee2

Inconsistent quality

I often buy the Nobby's beer nuts as they have in the past been very reliable in flavour, a bit like the place with the golden arches. But lately it has been very hit and miss. I actually find myself questioning if its worth buying. This last lot I bought are almost tasteless apart from the salt. For the price, I would rather experiment with other brands and try my luck, It's not like i'll lose much.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Lawns N All

Lawns N AllHurstville

What happenned??

At this moment I am watching the third match of the State Of Origin for 2018. Thought I would enjoy some Nobby`s salted beer nuts in the 375g packaging and a few beers.
Apart from NSW being down by 6-0, the nuts are a major disappointment. The nuts are dry, small and flavourless.
Most of the husks are separate from the nuts due to the lack of oil, as well salt seems to be lacking.
This might sound like a rant about nothing, but when you know the quality has been there in the past it is disappointing to have to highlight it as an online review.
The best analogy I can make is that it is like eating an Easter egg made from carob.

Nobbys, please change back.

Have enjoyed Nobbys beer nuts since the early eighties. Returned from overseas to enjoy some local kraft beer and my old favourite, Nobbys beer nuts. Enjoyed the beer (XIPA) but was very disappointed in the nuts, dry, not enough oil, not enough salt, the nuts were small, tasteless, completely different to the original nuts. I noticed on the package, in very small print, Nobbys now may use imported product instead of the big Kingaroy nuts, which are probably more expensive. Shame Nobbys, shame. Please make an effort and give us a decent product.

Pip

PipSouth Australia

Never Buying Them Again.

sav

sav

The Worst

For years Nobbys beer nuts were the absolute best but not any more. The cause of the problem is that a few years ago they started using Chinese peanuts which like all Chinese food products are cheap junk. The ones to avoid are the large supermarket packets. If you want the real thing you will have to buy one of the little packets from a pub vending machine. They are Australian nuts that taste just like they did 30 years ago but not very good value at $2.20 for 45 grams.

Alan V

Alan VShepparton

No More

Over the last several years, the nobbies beer nuts has become stale tasting and lack any oiliness. I have thrown several nearly full packets into the rubbish.
I will not be buying any more.
I now get my beer nuts from a small supplier (using local nuts).

Disappointed nut lover

Unfortunately have to agree with most of the detrimental comments re the change of Nobbys beer nuts.They were a favorite of my wife and myself for years until recent times. Cannot put my finger on it but the change in taste and quality has turned me off buying them.Every now and then I think maybe they have woken up and improved the product back to the way they used to be ,but still no change . I will not be purchasing them again.

Unbelievable

Grown up eating Nobbys nuts.. All of a sudden it has all changed. SOO SAD. They were no worries the best of the best. Now sad to say, they have changed that much that now we buy Coles brand.. And they are better for sure , but not the Nobbys that I know.. Come on Nobbys.. Produce again what we all love.

Peter

Peterasked

Have you go some new guy fresh out of uni trying to make a name for himself with a new formula for your beer nuts.?... Get bloody rid of him.. I just bought a packet it it tastes like used sox...... what the hell are you guys doing !!!???

Michael K.

Michael K.asked

Are they Australian grown and produced?

Newzeland

FredBit

No, Nobbys is owned and manufactured by Smiths Snack Foods. They are a UK company who are
now owned by the US company PepsiCo.

Em Eljisriasked

Why the salted beer nuts peanut was the best in Australia and now is the worst?

jklw
jklw

Original nuts were larger tasty slightly oily salty excellent now small hard tasteless a different breed of nut probably for more profit Regards Jim

leusac
leusac

Jklw is totally right. Nobbys beer nuts used to be large, tasty and flavorsome and I believe Australian peanuts and Australian made, now they seem to be the worst quality imported nuts to increase their profits. Small peanuts, tasteless and rancid with a ton of salt. To me it seems the worst business strategy they ever made as they will be losing customers. The happy nut co sells beer nuts made from Australian peanuts and of better quality than Nobbys current rubbish quality peanuts.

Em Eljisri

What made noobys peanut from the best in Australia to the worst:
Less oil, less roasting, almost raw, hard, not crunchy, smaller low quality peanuts and hard to chew.
Who did this?
I think nobody in the production line tasted it, didn't your kid or wife tell about this?