Nobby's Salted Beer

Nobby's Salted Beer

Simply the best but no longer

Sorry ues 2 be a huge fan but the lack of oil and salt has created the taste and appearance of old stock sad as nothing could top them in their day p.s. would have consumed 200 + bags in my life now one bag a month if lucky just 2 see if something has changed

Purchased in January 2020 for $4.70.

Vin

VinSydney, NSW

Lost good old taste!

It was my favourite till they downgraded its quality, now it tastes like any other home brand nut for premium price!

Sandringham10Melbourne

Looks like Chinese nuts are being used - no longer Australian

This foreign owned company, Smith's Snackfoods appears now to be using Chinese peanuts rather than Australian. The packaging says 'imported.'

The nuts are noticeably smaller than previously. They are not as good tasting.

The Australian peanut crop from Kingaroy and Mareeba in Queensland has declined in tonnage, probably due to lower rainfall recently, but even so is about 20000 tonnes per year - I looked it up.

Why can't this company use better quality Australian origin peanuts?

As an aside, Woolworths had these on speacial (375 gram packs) at two for $5 so that must tell us how sales are going of this product.

Nuts

Find out how Nobby's Salted Beer compares to other Nuts

Too much salt!

I agree with the other reviews in that the quality leaves something to be desired.
For me, the biggest issue was the atrocious amount of salt used. Way too much. They might as well sell chunks of salt instead.

Imports suck

I hadn't had nobbys nuts for years so I decided to get a pack was very disappointed in quality drop. I no longer enjoy them. Homebrand from safeway is better now

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad

These are tasty peanut snacks which are crunchy and great to have with a drink. They are in a foil bag, so they are supposed to stay fresh, and often I just roll down the top and fold it over and its stays fresh.
These are great tasting crunchy peanuts which are yummy to nibble on in front of the tv. You have to be careful because you can easily eat most of the pack, and they are very high in kilojoules.
Too high in kilojoules for me to eat regularly. I only buy these if I crave them, otherwise too pricey and not the healthiest snack option.

Juan21
Juan21
BD51
BD51

I have been buying these nuts for many years and the most recent purchases 3/4 packs tells me quality has dropped ie: smaller nuts, not as tasty, poor texture ?? maybe the product is just another victim of cheap imported produce ??

caribbian
caribbian

Peter

Peterasked

Have you go some new guy fresh out of uni trying to make a name for himself with a new formula for your beer nuts.?... Get bloody rid of him.. I just bought a packet it it tastes like used sox...... what the hell are you guys doing !!!???

Michael K.

Michael K.asked

Are they Australian grown and produced?

Clayton H.
Clayton H.

Newzeland

FredBit
FredBit

No, Nobbys is owned and manufactured by Smiths Snack Foods. They are a UK company who are
now owned by the US company PepsiCo.

Em Eljisriasked

Why the salted beer nuts peanut was the best in Australia and now is the worst?

jklw
jklw

Original nuts were larger tasty slightly oily salty excellent now small hard tasteless a different breed of nut probably for more profit Regards Jim

leusac
leusac

Jklw is totally right. Nobbys beer nuts used to be large, tasty and flavorsome and I believe Australian peanuts and Australian made, now they seem to be the worst quality imported nuts to increase their profits. Small peanuts, tasteless and rancid with a ton of salt. To me it seems the worst business strategy they ever made as they will be losing customers. The happy nut co sells beer nuts made from Australian peanuts and of better quality than Nobbys current rubbish quality peanuts.

Em Eljisri

What made noobys peanut from the best in Australia to the worst:
Less oil, less roasting, almost raw, hard, not crunchy, smaller low quality peanuts and hard to chew.
Who did this?
I think nobody in the production line tasted it, didn't your kid or wife tell about this?