Nobby's Salted Peanuts

Nobby's Salted Peanuts (page 2 of 8)

Quality of nuts

Quality of Nobbys nuts deteriorated over last years . Taste old

Chris

ChrisMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

No more Nobbys

I used to love Nobbys Nuts - but Ive done my dash and bought the last packet of stale nuts ..... ever. I will not waste another $

Purchased in December 2019.

Gloria Kirkpatrick

Gloria KirkpatrickAU

Tasteless, awful texture

I bought the salt & vinegar flavoured peanuts and could not believe the poor quality and bland taste. Whatever happened to quality control. Whatever happened to using Australian peanuts! So very disappointed and will not buy again. This is the second time I have been stung by Nobby's.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.00.

Barb

BarbMelbourne

Not Australian grown - what a pity

Very dissapointed that I have just bought 2 packets of Nobby's peanuts, without checking until I got home, only to discover they are less than 10% Australian grown and it does not say from where they are sourced. I won't buy them again.

Purchased in November 2019.

Sad nut lover

Sad nut loverSouth East Queensland, QLD

Knobby has been gelded.

Shame they don't have a negative star to give Nobby's nuts. Have lost me as a long term customer - less than 10% Aussie nuts & the taste & quality have definitely gone from the front of Nobby to the back of Knobby.

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $3.50.

Gary

GaryNorthern Region, NSW

Poor quality

I used to love Nobbys nuts but they now taste like the cheap no name ones

Golly

Golly

If there was a negative star I would have rated it minus

I agree with the majority of reviewers that Nobby's Nuts are now disgusting. I've phoned Smiths' feedback line to complain in the past hoping they would listen and lift their game. Nobby's nuts used to be a premium Australian product and cost more than home brand products which was ok. There is a review by someone 'Khan' on here and I suspect they work for Smiths saying the product is great. Please delete.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $7.00.

What happened?

I have enjoyed nobbys beer nuts for almost 40 years. The product has changed that much it makes me sick.
Sad goodbye Nobbys. Thanks for all the years of pleasure, time to change to another brand!

Product used to be great. Now it sucks.

Nobby's Nuts Seems to be going downhill rapidly. The taste is declining. Probably something to do with the foreign nuts (they are using less than 10% Australian nuts) and how they cook them now.

Quite frankly, even if their quality improves a lot i still wont be buying any more until they use >90% Australian nuts.

Purchased in September 2019 at IGA for $3.39.

Qaisar

QaisarMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Poor Quality

Purchased 5 bags from Woolworths and all of them had soft peanuts. Couldnt eat them all. Will never buy any product from nobby again. Even the low price peanuts are better than nobby.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths.

Sandy

SandySydney, NSW

Nobby are not Australian peanuts

Nobbys peanuts taste sickly sweet,like a chemical - they are are inedible. Threw them out. Going back to the Aussie Coles brand peanuts will never purchase again. Awful. Will not buy again.

James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stomach Ache

These small bitter salty wierd texture nuts actually gave me a stomache ache... not had this kind of reaction even to handfuls of mixed nuts (deli bought) before - what is in it thats not listed on the packet? Is the oil poor quality too- what kind of oil is being used :( i will never eat these again or serve to anyone I know.

Spewing i was forced to click a star on the rating scale!

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

JBB

JBBSydney, NSW

I can’t believe that it’s less than 10% Aussie ingredients from such a premium brand!

Product is lacklustre to say the least. Very disappointed with the high salt levels and bitter taste of the peanuts. Heading back to Coles and Woolworths from now on to by their branded peanuts. Nobby’s (Smith’s) has severely disappointed me!

Purchased in August 2019 at Local Mobility Physical store for $1.95.

Frank

FrankNorth Queensland, QLD

Quality no more.

To say I am disappointed with these nuts is an understatement. Two of the last three packs I have purchased have not been what I consider fresh. Nobby's nuts in the past have always been fresh and crunchy, those days are obviously over. I'll pay less for Woolworths home Brand and get the same crap.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $4.50.

Noel

NoelSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Disappointed

Bought packs from Woolworths. Thought brand name would be good quality. Terrible product. Small no flavour,poorly roasted. Bought three packs opened one will take two back and throw out one I opened. Don’t bother.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $3.50.

Arnold76

Arnold76Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Not what the nuts used to be.

I started buying Nobby's nuts in the 1970s,they had depth of flavour,slightly oily and addictive but over the past few years when trying have found the nuts to be of poor quality nothing like they used to be,i suspect that they now come from China. I now buy Coles Australian peanuts which are great,never again Nobby's,a knob to Knobby's

Purchased in January 2019 at Coles for $3.00.

Paul Riley

Paul RileyDarling Downs, QLD

Bobby’s used to be a product I could trust to be consistent

I, until now have been always buying Nobby nuts. Once again the nuts are dry and obviously imported rubbish that are tasteless. I have actually had success with coles own cashews. I had considered different times of the season so had continually given them another chance but as of today I’m Done. Banning Nobby products entirely. Same goes with Smith chips sameness issue, inconsistent and always tastes stale even with a few months left on use by!

Purchased in May 2019.

Sandra d

Sandra dPerth, WA

Goodbye Nobby nuts from a long term buyer

Goodbye Nobby nuts from a long term buyer no hazels no Brazil’s dry old peanuts where on earth are you buying this rubbish from, never going to buy them again you should be ashamed of this product!

Purchased in February 2019 for $3.00.

Rowan

RowanSydney, NSW

Dry, Shrivelled Up Overseas Crap!!

What! These are NOT the Nobbys Nuts I remember - dry, shrivelled up - cost cutting at its finest. This is obviously an overseas inferior product than when they were a 100% Australian product - very disappointing!

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths for $6.00.

Jackie kahn

Jackie kahnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nobbys Nuts R Back! Just as good as they’re used to

The texture & size of nuts had changed, glad to to see old style back. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Purchased in April 2019.