Nobby's Salted Peanuts

Nobby's Salted Peanuts (page 2 of 7)

See the Best Nuts in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

What happened your nuts are rubbish !

Sad sad sad I have been busy your nuts for more than 30 years but no more they do not even taste like nuts you should be ashamed these are only suitable for paste absolute rubbish!

shame

Your nuts are great but omg the amount of salt is shocking l couldnt enjoy the actusl nuts one bit because my throat was so dry and l had such a bitter taste in my mouth from the excess salt. l will not be buying your nuts any more.I bought several packets for my friends also and regret that purchase.Surely in this health conscious time you could cut the salt ontentcin half and the nuts would still be tasty
Christina Vickers

They used to be the best.

Sadly now, they are oily crap quality!
We have been buying Nobbys since I was a boy, but no more.
You have ruined a perfect product for the sake of corporate greed. Screw you and your product.

Buyer Beware

I too have been buying Nobby’s Nuts for as long as they have been around and there was rarely a time when my pantry did not contain at least one packet of Nobby’s Nuts, but that has changed forever. In the last six months every packet I have purchased has contained a mixture of what I can only assume is cheap imported peanuts that taste like mud! They are stale and disgusting and god only knows what chemicals they contain. I am disgusted in the Smiths organisation and I will not be buying any Smiths products in future.

Kellie

Kellie

Oily crap nobby's nuts

I have been buying nobby's nuts for years, and they have always been good quality. I opened up a packet tonight and they were saturated in oil substance, emptied packet out to find around a teaspoon amont of oil in the bottom of the package. Nuts were all soft, absolutely terrible. I will not be buying Nobby's nuts again.

Brian

Brian

Nobby's Nuts Gone Down Hill

I have been an avid consumer of Nobby's Salted Peanuts nut for decades but last month I purchased a 375g packet from Woolworths and they were terrible, they were soft and stale.
This week I purchased another packet and they are the same, rubbish so I thought I'd read the packet because there was something wrong with the quality of the nut and suspected they were no longer Australian Nuts.
Well the packet states" Less than 10% Australian ingredients" , so I am assuming with no other information as to were they are from that the salt is the only Australian ingredient and the nut are imported.
No more Nobby's Nuts for me
Support Australian Farmers and buy Australian and not Nobby's

Nobby's Nuts huge quality drop

I regularly purchase Nobby's Nuts 375g packes every few weeks or so - lately the quality has dropped by a huge margin - some of the nuts even taste rancid and most are small and stale. I will not be buying another packet of this brand again - the Executive who thought they were a genius by importing cheap crap nuts from who knows where just to make more money for the company made a big mistake....

Nobbys extremely Salty Peanuts

375g Nobbys salted peanuts. Noticed the peanuts were extremely salty. As we got to the bottom of the packet you could clearly see the salt residue. Put the remaining peanuts into a colander to sift the salt. There was 38 grams of salt still in the packet. Way over the top. Not happy with product now. Quality control is missing something.

Wow massive quality drop off

I have purchased these nuts every week for 25 years.. were high quality australian peanuts. Now with only 10% percent australian nuts included. They are hard ,bitter , and small , massive quality dropboff. Wont be buying nobbys anymore. Very dissapointing

Dennis

DennisSydney

Small and Flavourless

Purchased a 375 gram pack yesterday. In past Nobbys set the bench mark very high for quality, so we were shocked with the content of a 375 gram purchase we made yesterday. It had small, soft(stale?) and flavorless nuts. Also, it stated that less than 10% was Australian.
JUST TERRIBLE. NEVER AGAIN.

What have you done?

They used to be small, golden, very finely salted and slightly oily, now they are damn dry, large, pale, barely salted with large salt crystals, pieces of crap. Sometimes I got a good batch within the last year or so, last few have been terrible. You've just lost another loyal customer.

Stevo

Stevo

Very tasty

Always bought and enjoyed nobbys salted peanuts..they did seem to get abit light on the salt for a while but over the last few months the salt is back and im loving them even more than before

Not perfect anymore!

Disappointed to find we live near Kingaroy, big Aussie growers of peanuts & nuts are less than 10% Aussie! Why

Judiann

JudiannSydney Surrounds, NSW

No longer any taste and very hard

I would never purchase Nobbys peanuts again. They have no taste and are so hard with pieces of shell in the product. Nobbys once had a good reputation when they used Australian peanuts, that reputation no longer exists, they are very unpalatable.

Kdsauer

Kdsauer

No longer Australian! No longer any good.

Less than 10% Australian ingredients concerns me. No origin advertised, so where are they from? They don't taste as good any more so quality control has definitely gone down. Sorry Nobby's but you've lost me (and by the looks of things, a lot of other customers).

Nobbys nuts

So so disappointed with Nobbys Nuts, no longer Australian nuts, where are they coming from China, Brazil, doesn’t matter won’t be buying them ever again.

What has happened?

I used to love Nobbys salted nuts, they were always great quality with just the right amount of salt and size. But now - the nuts are bland and oversized with a very poor taste. Regular Coles brand salted peanuts are a better choice now.

Change of view

When I spend triple the price and I know what nobbys should taste like, a bit disappointing hey. May as well by black and gold

Greg..S

Greg..SCalamvale

Not what they once were

Something's gone wrong at Nobby's

very ordinary product, home brand Woolies or Coles much better taste, quality and price.

what has happened?

Barkly

BarklyMelbourne

Sick of stale nuts

Gee I'm sick of buying your, in date, cashews & them being stale. 4 packs out of 8 in the last 2 mths. You owe me money or cashews & it needs to stop before you wreck your Nobbys brand. Last lot expr 07/10/18.

Rajend S

Rajend Sasked

How is nobbys peanuts cooked?

George H.
George H.

In Vegetable oil - so that is disappointing. If it was peanut oil, it would make sense and protect the nutrition and other health benefits.

Ross A.
Ross A.

I worked in the tingalpa Factory many years ago - they were cooked in palmolein oil and cotton seed oil. When cooked the used cotton seed oil and salt, this would give the shinny appearance and avoid tasting dry. Agree the Nuts standard as dropped as well. Even the packaging presentation is poor and the rip tab has also been removed.

Walter

Walterasked

It is my understanding that manufacturers were required to show the percentage of Australian produce in the product. I could only see that the Nobbys' Nut packet stated 'Local and Imported Nuts" Any ideas on the % of Australian nuts used? They just don't seem to be as good as years ago.

1Linrobasked

What is the Nobbys response?

Anthony
Anthony

There has been no response from Nobbys. Didn't really think they would! Simple really, don't buy any more until they fix it.

Sandringham10
Sandringham10

They are now using Argentinian nuts. The Australian peanut crop was affected badly by floods in 2010-11 and is now facing possible drought - it has rained in some of Queensland but not everywhere - however Peanut Corp of Australia are still producing about 19000 tonnes per annum of peanuts.

Perhaps contact Woolies at www.woolworths.com.au and ask it to consider delisting Nobby's Nuts and instead entering into an arrangement with PCA to stock Woolworths 'essentials' or 'Gold' peanuts and beer nuts in new products ('lines.') This would take a few months to arrange I suppose even if everyone agreed.

I know it seems odd but PCA have sufficient nuts for a generic product like this but insufficient to cater for all of Nobby's needs. However Nobby's has chosen to not buy from PCA at all, at least at present. FYI Nobby's is owned by large USA company Frito-Lay.

1Linrob

Thanks all for the information. Doom on the Nobby.

Get an answer from our members and Nobby's representatives

CategoryNuts