Noontec MovieHome V7 IIs Media Player

Noontec MovieHome V7 IIs Media Player Questions & Answers

16 questions from our users

Vee

Veeasked

I have a 4tb external hard drive. Will it work with this media player?

Yes it will

My 2T works but my 3T does not

Gordon W.

Gordon W.asked

What type of Media player is available

Wendy F

Wendy Fasked

I bought a universal remote but noontec not listed in devices. What should I do?

mark06

Contact the manufacturer of your universal remote and ask them for the code or exchange it for one that does for example, check with manufacturer first to confirm their remote has a Noontec V7iis code.

shawhutch

shawhutchasked

How can i play the subtitles with the movie im watching? I have the movie and i downloaded the subtitles but i cant use the subtitles when i play the movie

Try renaming title and the sub title the same eg TITANS.MP4/TITANS.SRT

Chez

Chezasked

I need a replacement for my Noontec V 7 remote control . How much and where do I get one?

mark06

Best to buy a universal, you can get them from most electrical retailers such as JB HiFi and Harvey Norman

Ali

Aliasked

I can't increase the volume. Any help?

mark06

If the media player is at full volume, try increasing the volume on the sound/audio device it is connected to.

Viv

Vivasked

Can this record a tv programme?

mark06

No, you need a media player which has a inbuilt digital tuner

Melanie D

Melanie Dasked

I cant find my remote - is there a hack to turn it on without one?

mark06

You can use a universal remote such as a Logitech.

Guill

Guillasked

My Noontec v7 II suddenly began failing the HDMI connection from Player to TV. I have tested the HDMI cable connecting a DVD player to the TV and the data transmission worked without problems. I really like this media player. Can you suggest what I can do? Thank you so much.

Matt masked

Standby light is flashing won't stop and cannot get it to start tried unplug for could hours and plug back in but still the same. Any ideas?

Best to contact Noontec.

Matt m

I changed the power Adapter and it works fine now issue must be in the power adapter

eva

evaasked

my noontec suddenly stopped switching on!! what can i do?

mark06

If the front standby light is on check the batteries in the remote control, if not on try plugging it in to a different power outlet, try using another ac power adaptor, try leaving it unplugged for a few hours then try again, if under warranty contact Noontec

Mandla S

Mandla Sasked

My noontec just doesn't want to switch on anymore. I've tried alternative power sources but still no light. Please any help?

mark06

If its still under warranty make a claim

Sammaul

Sammaulasked

I have this media player few years, all the time work fine. But suddenly it not working. After showing the Noontec icon then the screen was blank. Is that possible firmware problem? How do i reinstall the firmware ? Please help. TQ

Call : (02) 9519 6013 From 10:00am to 5:00pm

Skype: encomtech

Email: support@encomtech.com.au

CHRIS

CHRISasked

halo , have you sell the remote control for noontec v711 media player?

mark06

You can buy a new remote control online from Noontec/eBay etc. you can also use universal remote control

fatcat

fatcatasked

i have trouble with my noontec displaying subs where can i get help?

mark06

This media player like most others display subtitles when playing most films, you can turn them off using the subtitle button on the remote control

Simonasked

Have installed 1Gb hard drive (NTFS) in Noontec v7 II. Have copied a number of movie files from PC to this hard drive. When connected to TV via HDMI however player does nor recognize this hard drive but only another portable hard drive which is connected via USB. Any advice would be appreciated!

mark06

I would format the HDD while in the media player using the format option in the system menu and then add your media, also make sure you have the latest firmware.
If this fails contact Noontec support

Simon

I have tried to format through the system menu but the player will not recognize the HDD. I formatted on my PC which went fine. I think I will contact Noontec support. Thanks Mark06

Colin52
Colin52

I have 3 of these in the house. When I first bought them they were fine. Of late though they don't see new files on any drive wether its a USB thumb drive or a Western Digital 1TB or 2TB element drives. If I copy the file several times to many different folders then sometimes it will see one of the folders and then play.

Of the opinion these were designed to play up and fail on a certain day. I initially bought 3 of these. Installed two and when they both failed on the same day I then got the third one out and that too failed. So me thinks designed to fail on a certain day. Seen this before with Epson printers but some wiz kid found a solution to reset the chip so that one can print again. Suspect the same going on with these Noontecs. Odd that they fail just after the warranty period and all on the same day:(

Get an answer from our members and Noontec representatives