Nooski Mouse Trap

Nooski Mouse Trap

See the Best Pest Control Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nooski Mouse Trap? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (3)
Jadzia
JadziaNorth Western Region, NSW

Most frustrating trap out.

I found the trap almost impossible to set up if you have a disability that affects your neck or hands. The ring popped off as soon as I set it down after numerous attempts to get the ring on. If you have one mouse then it will do the trick but if you have several then it’s onerous to use due to difficulty setting it up.

I bought the last two in Bunnings but will be returning the one I didn’t use.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.94.

Fire4FXSydney, Australia

Save your money & buy the rat poison baits instead

There's a reason there's no YouTube video of this working & that is because it doesn't work! It appears ants may have gotten to the bait, after leaving it out for a week. I checked daily & band was still in place. Useless, I returned 2 yesterday to Bunnings. I think the rats do enter the tunnel but the tube is too small so it doesn't force the latch to trap it.

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.94.

D. Breedon
D. BreedonGympie

absolute waste of money

mice and rats everywhere one whole week and not one trapped tried various baits , simply a waste of money, just a phantasy product , guess they catch customers and not rats

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't bother.

Others seem to be having success with mice but after months of setting this for rats in my shed it hasn't caught a thing. Rats kept eating things and pooping everywhere. These aren't easy to set either. Meanwhile the bait boxes I subsequently went and bought worked instantly.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Pedro
PedroPerth

Couldn't catch anything - waste of time and money.

Typically once a year we got a rat moving into our ceiling. Got sick of the old Ratsak approach, as we always wound up with the distinctive Rattus Extinctus aroma wafting down from the ceiling space. Knowing their entry route, bought a Nooski and baited it with PB. Nothing. After about three weeks of weekly refreshing the bait, I reverted to Ratsak baits. Dead rat (in ceiling again of course ...) but at least that method works.

Would have to be the single biggest failure of any device I have ever purchased.

I note others with success stories seem to be dealing with MICE. Maybe they work with them. Ours was the RAT version ...

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Has yet to catch anything

The trap has been armed and baited for 9 days. The rubber noose has been released 5 times, with 4 left lying in the bottom of the trap. No dead rat. These are definitely rats and not mice. Bait has been totally consumed on each occasion. I'm running out of Nutella and peanut butter. Don't know what happened to 5th 'noose'. Have tested the trip functionality of trap, which seems okay. So far a very expensive trap and no dead rats. They are still gorging on our Chook food as well.

Purchased in August 2019 at Mitre 10 for $20.33.

Derek E.
Derek E.Far North Queensland, QLD

Absolutely useless

I bought this rat trap from Bunnings hoping it would catch a rat in my house. After a week I still hadn't caught a thing. I ended up buying a steel cage rat trap and caught 2 at once on the first night of use. I caught another 3 nights later in the steel trap. The Nooski caught absolutely nothing.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $20.00.

Doesn't work as advertised

I was hopeful this would be an effective, humane way to dispatch rodents, as I hated finding caught but living critters with the old school traps. We have had over half-a-dozen triggers with zero catches and some bait taken but no trigger. Different positions, different bait, and the rodents are definitely not worried about the trap. At the time of writing it's rodents 10 Nooski 0. I'm really disappointed - we've had better luck hunting the critters as a team with our foxy! Will be seeking a refund under the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act.

Poor quality product

I purchased one of these and within 3 months the clear plastic housing started to crack. Never successfully caught a rat either. Its a gimmick and total waste of money. Rather stick with the tried and tested traditional rat trap that works well and is a fraction of the cost.

Don't bother

Sylvia Else
Sylvia ElseAU

Incredibly cruel

This trap works by strangling the animal. It is not quick, and it is not humane. The mouse struggles to breath until it eventually dies from asphyxiation, which takes a while, and will seem even longer to the mouse, because small animals perceive time differently. Humane lethal traps exist, but this is not one of them. It has been banned in the Republic of Ireland because of its cruel manner of dispatching the mouse.

Flick
FlickLaunceston

Waste of money

I purchased the rat and mouse trap neither has worked!!
The rat has chewed through the the trap!!
I will be send the company photos of the damage as it’s unbelievable.

sunflower
sunflowersydney

Didn't work for us

When we discovered a mouse in our living room we went on line to find the best mouse trap,this included checking reviews on this website. The Nooski seemed to score way ahead of the others, so we purchased one and set up a video camera to watch the nights activities.We couldn't believe it when the mouse ate the peanut butter we had left on the edge of the trap and went so far in that only his tail was out and the trap didn't spring! We checked the trap and left it again the next night, same thing.Then we went out and bought an el cheapo old fashioned type and the mouse was caught within an hour. Based on this experience it was a total (expensive) failure.

What's the hype about?

Followed instructions, result--- trap sprung twice with rubber band lying inside of trap, no sign of mouse. Waste of money! resorted to using old fashioned spring trap with much better results.

Darphumpenheimer
DarphumpenheimerLake Elsinore ca.

Zero results !

Not only did it not catch mice but they actually made it into a mouse nest ! I set the Trap and checked it 2 Days Later. They were storing food in the tube. They had started nesting in the tube itself. I don't suppose I've ever seen a mouse Nest on a snap trap.