Nooski Mouse Trap

See the Best Pest Control Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nooski Mouse Trap? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Pet OwnerYes (4) · No (4)
Jadzia
JadziaNorth Western Region, NSW

Most frustrating trap out.

I found the trap almost impossible to set up if you have a disability that affects your neck or hands. The ring popped off as soon as I set it down after numerous attempts to get the ring on. If you have one mouse then it will do the trick but if you have several then it’s onerous to use due to difficulty setting it up.

I bought the last two in Bunnings but will be returning the one I didn’t use.

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.94.

S Smith
S SmithMurray Mallee, SA

Fragile plastic

Found Nooski plastic trap housing broken/cracked in several places & unable to reglue/fix. Trap hadn’t had much use...maybe only caught 6 mice. I liked the concept, but glad had only bought the one trap as a trial. So still have “nooski” rings spare/leftover...

Purchased in August 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Fire4FXSydney, Australia

Save your money & buy the rat poison baits instead

There's a reason there's no YouTube video of this working & that is because it doesn't work! It appears ants may have gotten to the bait, after leaving it out for a week. I checked daily & band was still in place. Useless, I returned 2 yesterday to Bunnings. I think the rats do enter the tunnel but the tube is too small so it doesn't force the latch to trap it.

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.94.

D. Breedon
D. BreedonGympie

absolute waste of money

mice and rats everywhere one whole week and not one trapped tried various baits , simply a waste of money, just a phantasy product , guess they catch customers and not rats

Chris
ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't bother.

Others seem to be having success with mice but after months of setting this for rats in my shed it hasn't caught a thing. Rats kept eating things and pooping everywhere. These aren't easy to set either. Meanwhile the bait boxes I subsequently went and bought worked instantly.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Pedro
PedroPerth

Couldn't catch anything - waste of time and money.

Typically once a year we got a rat moving into our ceiling. Got sick of the old Ratsak approach, as we always wound up with the distinctive Rattus Extinctus aroma wafting down from the ceiling space. Knowing their entry route, bought a Nooski and baited it with PB. Nothing. After about three weeks of weekly refreshing the bait, I reverted to Ratsak baits. Dead rat (in ceiling again of course ...) but at least that method works.

Would have to be the single biggest failure of any device I have ever purchased.

I note others with success stories seem to be dealing with MICE. Maybe they work with them. Ours was the RAT version ...

Purchased in August 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Has yet to catch anything

The trap has been armed and baited for 9 days. The rubber noose has been released 5 times, with 4 left lying in the bottom of the trap. No dead rat. These are definitely rats and not mice. Bait has been totally consumed on each occasion. I'm running out of Nutella and peanut butter. Don't know what happened to 5th 'noose'. Have tested the trip functionality of trap, which seems okay. So far a very expensive trap and no dead rats. They are still gorging on our Chook food as well.

Purchased in August 2019 at Mitre 10 for $20.33.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.7 Dec 2021
Derek E.
Derek E.Far North Queensland, QLD

Absolutely useless

I bought this rat trap from Bunnings hoping it would catch a rat in my house. After a week I still hadn't caught a thing. I ended up buying a steel cage rat trap and caught 2 at once on the first night of use. I caught another 3 nights later in the steel trap. The Nooski caught absolutely nothing.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $20.

Ian
IanPerth, WA

Trap works - but sometimes not nice to see.

Caught first rat after 2nd night, once i changed food in bait trap. However there may have been 2 rodents as i found the one with the rubber ring had its kneck/ head chewed, app trying to save its buddy. Not the nicest thing to see.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Nooski Mouse Trap

Purchased in January 2012.

Doesn't work as advertised

I was hopeful this would be an effective, humane way to dispatch rodents, as I hated finding caught but living critters with the old school traps. We have had over half-a-dozen triggers with zero catches and some bait taken but no trigger. Different positions, different bait, and the rodents are definitely not worried about the trap. At the time of writing it's rodents 10 Nooski 0. I'm really disappointed - we've had better luck hunting the critters as a team with our foxy! Will be seeking a refund under the NZ Consumer Guarantees Act.

Poor quality product

I purchased one of these and within 3 months the clear plastic housing started to crack. Never successfully caught a rat either. Its a gimmick and total waste of money. Rather stick with the tried and tested traditional rat trap that works well and is a fraction of the cost.

Don't bother

Sylvia Else
Sylvia ElseAU

Incredibly cruel

This trap works by strangling the animal. It is not quick, and it is not humane. The mouse struggles to breath until it eventually dies from asphyxiation, which takes a while, and will seem even longer to the mouse, because small animals perceive time differently. Humane lethal traps exist, but this is not one of them. It has been banned in the Republic of Ireland because of its cruel manner of dispatching the mouse.

Flick
FlickLaunceston

Waste of money

I purchased the rat and mouse trap neither has worked!!
The rat has chewed through the the trap!!
I will be send the company photos of the damage as it’s unbelievable.